Post Combine hawks mock draft.

titan3131

Reaction score
Doing this on my phone so keeping it short.

1. Shon Coleman

2. Connor McGovern G/RT Mizzou

3. Willie Henry DT Michigan

3. Stephan Weatherly olb vanderbilt

4. Evan Boehm C Mizzou

5. Marquez North Wr

6. Travis Feeny UW OLB / Ss

7. Daryl Worley WVU CB

7. Random developmental or flyer pick.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Rob's blog just put Feeny @56 with our pick. Personally I dont think his play or medicals can elevate him that high. 5th is the highest I see him going.

What are your guy's thoughts?

McGruff

Reaction score
titan3131":1flmzgv6 said:
Rob's blog just put Feeny @56 with our pick. Personally I dont think his play or medicals can elevate him that high. 5th is the highest I see him going.

Feeny definitely fits the profile of someone the Seahawks would like. Unique skill set and measurables. Speed to burn.

But he is also the kind of guy they've gotten in the 4th round or later. Walter Thurmond comes to mind. I think a lot of teams will hesitate on his shoulders and the fact that he'sa late bloomer with tweener size.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Everyone will think I'm crazy for this...

But as a UW fan, I always thought Feeney was better than Shaq Thompson. Doesn't mean I think he should be a first rounder, but I'd get nervous going into round 3 with him.

Feeney, while a medical risk, showed A LOT in college. Showed he can get to the QB, cover...he is physical, fast. There is an awful lot to like. He's a pretty elite athlete for a position needing those types, in the new age NFL. I'd absolutely pull the trigger in R3. He plays like a Seahawk.

drrew

Reaction score
titan3131":2z0cagwt said:

Feeney's change of direction skills are subpar. He's a very explosive straight line athlete as evidenced by his 40 and the two jumps, but look at the 3 cone time. I think it was in the bottom 2 or 3 for linebackers this year.

When they took KPL early in 2014, he was at the top in 40 time and near the top in 3 cone.

firebee

Reaction score
drrew":2b84jhz2 said:
titan3131":2b84jhz2 said:

Feeney's change of direction skills are subpar. He's a very explosive straight line athlete as evidenced by his 40 and the two jumps, but look at the 3 cone time. I think it was in the bottom 2 or 3 for linebackers this year.

When they took KPL early in 2014, he was at the top in 40 time and near the top in 3 cone.

Coleman is the one that kind of keeps sticking out at me for round 1, but I'd really prefer to see us trade down off that spot and see if we could land Coleman, Conklin or Spriggs early in the 2nd. Worst case scenario, we pick up Ryan Kelly or Billings if the OTs go off the board and we go after McGovern or Haeg in the 3rd or 4th round. I also don't see Worley lasting until the 7th round. I have yet to see him make it out of the 5th round on any of the mocks I've done. Love Henry, but I see him as a 4th or 5th rounder. Can't fault you for taking Henry with our 3rd though. I'd be tempted to snatch him with our 3rd too if the DT position was starting to look thin and he was the only guy there. I think McGovern in the 2nd would be a huge reach. Strong 3rd round comp pick candidate though. I'm liking Fackrell, Cravens, Martin, Kelly, Glasgow and the likes for the 2nd round. Boehm in the 4th is a nice pick if we miss on Kelly or Martin early on. Really really like Feeny. I'd be tempted to grab him in the 5th though, especially if we didn't grab Cravens, Fackrell or Killebrew earlier in the draft and went mostly line. I'm pretty much stuck on Cajuste at WR for us though. Just can't get over how good his hands are and his ability to adjust for the ball.

kearly

Reaction score
Coleman is really the only pick that feels like it has massive upside, and he's kind of in that Greg Robinson / Jason Smith boom or bust category for me (it's a risk I'm fine with at #26).

Travis Feeney is a good pick, but at this point I think he'll either be a day two guy or a UDFA with little inbetween. If medical is an issue, he'll be a UDFA. If it's not, he'll go on day two. As fans we can argue that there should be middle ground, but NFL front offices typically don't operate that way.

It seems like PC/JS always do their best drafting when they gamble on great athletes with great production. That's what I'll be rooting to see this year when the draft comes.

I don't think this was a bad mock, but for me it lacks explosiveness and excitement. 1st pick is a huge gamble. 2nd and 3rd picks will very likely turn into organizational soldiers, not stars. And picks made on day 3 mostly just come down to luck. Or at least, luck plays a huge factor in whether we get 2011 results or 2014 results.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
kearly":38uyib3b said:
Coleman is really the only pick that feels like it has massive upside, and he's kind of in that Greg Robinson / Jason Smith boom or bust category for me (it's a risk I'm fine with at #26).

Travis Feeney is a good pick, but at this point I think he'll either be a day two guy or a UDFA with little inbetween. If medical is an issue, he'll be a UDFA. If it's not, he'll go on day two. As fans we can argue that there should be middle ground, but NFL front offices typically don't operate that way.

It seems like PC/JS always do their best drafting when they gamble on great athletes with great production. That's what I'll be rooting to see this year when the draft comes.

I don't think this was a bad mock, but for me it lacks explosiveness and excitement. 1st pick is a huge gamble. 2nd and 3rd picks will very likely turn into organizational soldiers, not stars. And picks made on day 3 mostly just come down to luck. Or at least, luck plays a huge factor in whether we get 2011 results or 2014 results.

Appreciate your thoughts random or not, will you ever throw out a mock?

cheese22

Reaction score
I love this mock and if you threw in Cajuste I'd say it's my favorite I've seen this year. I think we have enough playmakers and harbingers. I'd to see us load up on the beef up front. PC said he wants to get back to being the bully and a draft like this would be a step in that direction.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Went ahead and ran my own mock. Started off the same but then changed course a little bit. In this mock I took the FO comments about the lines to heart.

26: R1P26
OT SHON COLEMAN
AUBURN
56: R2P25
DE CHARLES TAPPER
OKLAHOMA
90: R3P27
DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
98: R3P35
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
125: R4P26
G GRAHAM GLASGOW
MICHIGAN
172: R5P33
CB DARYL WORLEY
WEST VIRGINIA
215: R6P37
WR MIKE THOMAS
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
223: R7P4
RB MARSHAUN COPRICH
ILLINOIS STATE
245: R7P26
DT CONNOR WUJCIAK
BOSTON COLLEGE

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
I love that mock!

Marshaun coprich is legit, some already calling him the t rawls of this year.