2016 Draft WR's advanced stats sheets

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Josh Doctson graded out especially well in every category. I think he could be a very special talent in the NFL. Shepard and Coleman also stood out but they are 5'11 and 5'10 while Doctson is 6'4. Since our top two receivers are already small, shifty playmakers I'd imagine Pete wanting a bigger guy next to them if Kearse leaves. The only problem is that he'll most likely require our first rounder.

Someone who also caught my eye was Southern Miss' Michael Thomas. The premier talent in the WR class will be gone after the first 3 rounds but then que Thomas. He's either a late round pick or even an UDFA and that's not a high price to pay for someone with his production. At 6'1 he is about Kearse's height so that would also be a fit.

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
WOW!!! great stuff thanks for posting

here is my current top 20 wr's...be using this info to tweak my rankings much appreciated

love the praise for S Miss Michael R Thomas and Higgens, DeMarcus Robinson and Lawler

1, Laquon Treadwell 1st 6'2 221 a Dez Bryant type WR naturally strong, fast twitch athlete might take 2/3 years to develop true #1 type but with some bust potential likely over drafted
2. Josh Doctson 1st 6'2 202 simply wins 50/50 balls and has an innate instinct of angles/positioning vs cb's. Has a “if it's close it's his” mentality also smart and will be an early starter but lacks elite speed and strength high ceiling/high floor type player but maybe best as a #2 wr

3. Corey Coleman 5'10 1/2 194 Baylor late 1st/ zero route tree, questionable effort and lacks height but off the charts athleticism, a scary pick, a bigger version of Tavon Austin..just needs a little opening and gone

4. Will Fuller 6'0 186 Notre Dame mid/late 1st elite deep speed with quickness...slight frame/small hands a better version of Ted Ginn
5. Michael Thomas Ohio St /2nd 6'3 210 smart, fast and strong a total package type with a great combine could be 1st wr taken based on measureables....lacks some instincts

6. Sterling Shepard 5'10 195 Oklahoma 2nd if a team needs a slot WR he is it. Very bright/articulate will quickly learn the playbook and play his rookie season..similar to Randall Cobb and Tyler Lockett

7. Rashard Higgens 2nd 6'1 1/2 196 Colorado St born to play wr eye of the tiger type player similar to Isaac Bruce elite body control, fast out of breaks with good speed

8. Kenny Lawler 2nd California 1st team Pac 10 junior 6'2 1/2 203 lacks strength but a top wr prospect..quick in/out of breaks, beats press and snatches the ball with his hands long arms/big hands
9. Leonte Carroo 3rd 6'0 211 Rutgers senior bowl invite all academic, solid production, team captain lacks quickness out of his breaks but will quickly learn a playbook..best as a zone wr, solid possession type, large hands..tough junkyard dog quality to his game

10. Braxton Miller 3rd/4th 6'1 201 4,45 speed more suspect then prospect at this time but has potential will be over drafted because of size/speed

11. Keyarris Garret Tulsa 3rd 6'3 1/2 220 has serious WOW! In his game tall, strong wr with long arms. Shows flexibility and attacks the ball. 1451 yards similar to Alshon Jeffrey as a wr...

12. Tyler Boyd 6'1 1/2 1970 Pittsburgh 2nd/3rd good college wr who lacks the bulk to be a great inside, possession type wr and the athleticism/speed to be a great speedy wr..one twitch athlete

13.Mike Thomas 4th/6th WR Southern Mississippi 6'3 212 JC kid..late bloomer but with starter ability NFL body long arms/big hands kills slants

14. Marquez North Tennessee 6'2 1/2 223 big hands, good speed wins 50/50 balls injured part of 2015 All academic
15. Pharoh Cooper 3rd 5'11 203 South Carolina better athlete then wr. Shows a fast twitch. All academic doesn't play to his size. Raw
16.Paul McRoberts 6'2 197 3rd/4th Southeast Missouri shrine game good speed, long 33 1/2 arms with good hands top graded WR at senior bowl

17. Cayleb Jones 6'3 209 Arizona 6'3 209 Texas transfer father played 10 years in the NFL talented looks like a NFL wr
18. Aaron Burbridge 6'0 206 Michigan St 3rd NFL body fights and wins 50/50 balls uses his hands to fend off cb's. Strong, above average athlete who lacks elite skills but his game translates well to the NFL small hands

19. Malcolm Mitchell Georgia 3rd/5th 5'1 1/2 198 senior bowl author of a childrens book, former cb excellent straight line speed could be also looked at at CB and S. should easily make a roster as a 4th wr special teams player with solid upside

20. Demarcus Robinson Florida 6'1 1/2 203 "Mr. Suspension." 4 suspensions with elite body control, hands and speed Looks like a #1 wr likley many teams have removed him from their board

Erebus

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Lots of great info. I think Doctson has become my favorite player in this draft. Unfortunately like Overseasfan said, he will probably require a 1st rounder now. If all the OT prospects worth a 1st are gone, then I'd be tempted to take Doctson. Or, if we address OT in free agency and aren't forced into picking a certain position, but rather afforded the luxury of taking BPA, then Doctson makes sense.

The article is long, so for those that haven't taken the time to read it, Doctson had the second highest catch percentage of WRs sampled, behind only Braxton Miller. But he had receptions on more than twice as many routes run than Miller (and not the short variety), indicating he gets open better. And in fact that is true. He gained separation against man coverage 75% of the time, and 83.5% of the time against zone coverage, both better than Miller. His 83.5% separation rating vs zone was tops among those sampled. But perhaps most impressive, he doesn't have to get open. He caught 85% of contested throws, by far the tops among those sampled. He is outstanding at high-pointing a ball.

In addition to what this article says, he graded out as the most explosive WR at the Combine (based on jump tests). He had a 41" vertical and 10'11" broad jump. He also had a 1.59 10 yard split on a 4.50 forty. His short shuttle time of 4.08 was also one of the best among WRs, only .01 seconds off the lead. The 4.50 forty is better than other taller receivers we've drafted in the past. It's not super fast like Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett. But keep in mind that players always run faster at their pro days. Richardson and Lockett were .07 and .09 seconds slower at the Combine than their pro days, respectively. What this all means is that the Combine backs up the amazing on-field results. This explains why he's so good at both getting open and high-pointing a ball.

And if I'm not mistaken, we're still a red line team, right? We still need someone who can win jump balls and dominate the red line. Doctson is perfect for that, and is better at it than anyone on this team.

Erebus

Reaction score
One more thing to point out. Thanks to pug1 for the link, I just discovered Josh Doctson is the #1 SPARQiest WR in this draft, based on Combine results. Another reason he should be a Seahawk.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
firebee":1rsw15el said:
No Cajuste on the list. What's the deal?

I really like Cajuste as a player. Great combination of size and quickness. Not the flashiest guy but he is going to be a "player" for someone. I hope it's the Hawks.

Latest posts