My Seven Round Mock (trades included)

burgers_59

Reaction score
Original Article here: http://pugetpower.weebly.com/sports/201 ... mock-draft

The Seattle Seahawks are known to build very well through the draft and signing undrafted free agents, more so than many other NFL teams. This is my first prediction for the Seattle Seahawks 2016 NFL draft.

Round 1: The 26th pick in the NFL draft is traded to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for the 13th pick of the 2nd round, the 12th pick of the 3rd round, the 16th pick of the 4th round and the fourth pick of the 5th round. (Raiders pick Sheldon Day)

Round 2: “With the 44th pick in the NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select, Rashard “Hollywood” Higgins. Wide receiver, Colorado State” Higgins is an ideal fit in the Seahawks offense, he is a willing run blocker and a polished route runner which make up for his 4.64 40 yard dash. With long arms and sticky hands he will be a nice weapon for Russell to throw at. NFL.com described him as “Pedestrian” even with his second to third round grade. This guy will fit in just fine with the other “pedestrians”.

Round 2: The 56th pick is traded to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for the seventh pick in the 3rd round, and the sixth and 32nd pick of the 4th round. (Ravens pick Will Fuller)

Round 3: With the 70th pick the Seahawks Select Nick Martin IOL from Notre Dame (younger brother of Zack Martin.) Martin is a guy who will give Patrick Lewis some competition at center and might battle for a guard spot as well, he is an Interior O-lineman only.

Round 3: With pick 75 the Seahawks select Willie Henry DL from Michigan. Henry is an extremely versatile defensive lineman, he played tackle and end at Michigan and got 6.5 sacks this past season. He will be a rotational guy who will be an instant impact, and at only 21 years old he has plenty of time to grow into an elite player.

Round 3: The 90th pick is spent on West Virginia DB Daryl Worley. At 6’2 Worley looks like a LOB corner, he did not play a lot of press at WVU but when he did he excelled. He is very good in man to man coverage and is a very solid tackler, at the least he is a core special teams player.

Round 3: The Seahawks last third round pick 98th overall is spent on Matt Ionnidis DL from Temple. Ionnidis is a space eater, who would excel at the 0 or 1 technique on the defensive line. With Mebane and Rubin probably gone Ionnidis will look to contribute on running downs.

Round 4: Pick 105 is used on Arizona State IOL Christian Westerman. A freak athlete for an interior offensive lineman, Westerman will fit well in a zone run blocking scheme. The only reason why he isn’t a higher pick is because he is still raw in his ability.

Round 4: Pick 115 is Le’Raven Clark, OL Texas Tech. Clark is a player who has a first round grade by some analysts and a sixth to others. Texas Tech runs an Air Raid offense which makes it hard to evaluate players strengths in a pro style offense. Clark has played Left Tackle, Right Tackle and Right Guard at Tech. I believe he etches out Alvin Bailey as the Platoon offensive tackle.

Round 4: Pick 125 is Bronson Kaufusi DL from BYU. Kaufusi is a boom or bust player, he has great athleticism and size. He played basketball and football at BYU. He has the length, strength and ability to be a Jason Pierre Paul type player. Whether or not he can unlock that potential will be interesting to watch.

Round 4: Pick 131 is Glenn Gronkowski FB/TE Kansas State. With my predicted departure of Derrick Coleman, mini gronk will have a chance to be the fullback of the Seahawks. He had very good production as a red zone target out of the backfield and has good enough vertical route ability to be a good weapon.

Round 5: Pick 143 is Travis Feeney LB from Washington. Feeney reminds me a lot of KJ Wright in that he is a lanky athletic linebacker with the ability to play three downs. Feeney’s skill in pass coverage could earn him a spot on the 53 man roster.

Round 5: Pick 172 is Peyton Barber HB from Auburn. This guy is made for a zone blocking run game, if you watch the tape on him a majority of his plays come from one cut situations. Him and Thomas Rawls could split some reps in the backfield.

Round 6: Pick 215 is Kevin Byard DB from Middle Tennessee State. He is a sideline to sideline defender at safety and has played nickel corner at times. He has a chance to have a Casey Heyward type of role (rookie year) and really contribute.

Round 7: Pick 223 is D’haquille (Duke) Williams, he deemed himself a first round talent with a seventh round personality. So here he is, a very raw player with huge upside this is a 50/50 pick for the Hawks.

Round 7: Pick 245 is Tanner Mcevoy TE/WR, he has played QB, TE and WR at Wisconsin and is a superb athlete for his size (6’6, 237 lbs, 4.47 40 yard dash). It will be up to the Hawks as to where to put him to utilize his talents. A guy destined for the practice squad the first year with pro bowl potential.

​This mock draft was made with the help of fanspeak.com

pehawk

Reaction score
Love the effort and thought you put into this.

I would love those trades as well. Hawks need an infusion of cheap depth and special teams. Their first pick would cause a tantrum on this board, so I approve for that reason alone.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Agree with the effort put in, but a handful of guys are most likely gone where you picked them, in particular Clark, Westerman and Martin.

titan3131

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I like a lot of the players you picked!

Unfortunately the trades aren't realistic and there are players that will be off the board more then likely where u picked them.

Please stick around and check out the other posts in the draft area would have more contributions and thoughts.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Higgins as our first pick wouldn't make sense. He's a solid player but that early in the second round there would be some much better WRs taken, a big headscratcher pick.

The OL picks as a whole would leave our line in peril. I like Nick Martin but should we really draft a center this year? Okung and Sweezy might be gone and Britt is the weakest link on the line so he has to go if we intend on improving. That's potentially three new starters, I don't think putting in a rookie center with high upside would be a smart move. Go for a tad bit consistency and keep Lewis. Westerman is decent but I'm not sold yet on his ability to be a day 1 starter. Clark has tremendous upside but needs so much work he definitely shouldn't play in his first year. He's a project and we don't need more projects.

Small note on Gronk as well. He gets hyped up due to his name but he isn't even the best FB of this class. Not worth a draft pick.

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm all for trades when doing a mock, but this one went a bit trade crazy (I'm assuming you did this on one of the draft games). I like your thought process of attacking the o-line in the draft. Your last three selections are a few of my favorite late round prospects. I like Tanner Mcevoy on the defensive side of the ball, he had 6 Int's as a FS this past year.
:th2thumbs:

dopeboy206

Reaction score
No way the Raiders are trading that many picks just for a 1st.

penihawk

Reaction score
I love to read mock drafts, but if we moved down to pick Hollywood Higgens with Rankins on the board after we let both DT's go in FA I will demand Pete get tested for drugs. We need to shore up the interior of both lines and there are a limited number of potential impact players in this draft,with Rankins being one, so that makes 0 sense for me.

IMO this FA period and draft are gonna be the hardest and most important Carrol & Schneider have had to piece together yet. Its gonna be a long 2 months waiting to see how they put this puzzle together with limited cap room and a draft full of players with draft grades all over the place.

firebee

Reaction score
I'm waiting for fanspeak to update their boards, then I'm going to do a mock.

I have noticed that Willie Henry is flying up boards right now, so I can see us taking him in the 3rd round. I was really hoping he'd be a guy we could land in the 4th, but it's appearing we'll have to take him a little earlier. Him, Billings and Ioannidis are the only 3 DTs I really like. Wouldn't be disappointed if we landed Billings early; I like Henry on the 2nd day and I like Ioannidis on the 3rd day... not that we'd take all three of them... Just sayin.. Those are the only 3 DTs in this draft that I really like.

As for Higgins in the 2nd... He's pretty good, but I'm stuck on Cajuste and we could land him in the 4th or 5th. Cajuste's hands, size, highpointing ability and ability to adjust to the ball is just insane. He's a huge mismatch against defenses. Too big and strong for corners to contest and too fast for linebackers to stay with. Then add his run blocking... He belongs with the Seahawks. He's a perfect complimentary fit to the guys we have in our receiving corp. 6'4" and thick with hops, hands and crazy ball skills.

I was liking Worley, but I'd rather wait until the 3rd day to pick up Trae Elston out of Ole Miss or maybe we get lucky and Rashard Robinson slides way down the boards to us in the 4th or 5th round due to his character issues. I'm comfortable with his type of character issues, as I see him getting checked by the LOB if he let's his character get in the way.

Davidess

Reaction score
Yeah I cannot see the raiders giving up that much for a 1st rounder..2013 draft I believe the Hawks traded their 1st to minny for their 2nd and a 4th rounder..with how light this years draft is I cannot see a team giving up that much to move back into the 1st..but hey if they do..ill just take their 2017 1st rounder next year and a mid round 2016 pick for our 1st this year as next years draft is projected to be much deeper than this years draft.

firebee

Reaction score
This is the 7 round mock I did with trades on fanspeak with their updated board...
Sent 26 to San Diego for 35, 103 and 182 to trade 90 and 103 to move up to 70 for Willie Henry.

35: R2P4 OT SHON COLEMAN AUBURN -
Traded down because I'm good with Coleman, Spriggs or Conklin; who were all on the board. Figured one of them would fall to us early in the 2nd. Nothing amazing, like Billings, was there for us.
56: R2P25 C RYAN KELLY ALABAMA
Centers were kind of clustered. Could've taken any of them, but I went with Kelly due to his time under Kiffin, who uses a lot of the same schemes and terminology our staff does.
70: R3P7 DT WILLIE HENRY MICHIGAN
Making sure I get this guy at DT since Billings is in the top 20. Traded up and probably reached, but I want him.
98: R3P35 TE TYLER HIGBEE WESTERN KENTUCKY
Insurance policy on Graham. Big target with hands and great receiving skills. Solid blocker that's aware of where the ball is and seals off the defenders.
125: R4P26 WR DEVON CAJUSTE STANFORD
Another big target with hands that will create mismatches. Too big for corners to contest to fast for linebackers to cover. A perfect compliment to Baldwin, Lockett and P-Rich. Also arguably the best run blocking receiver in the draft.
172: R5P33 G CONNOR MCGOVERN MISSOURI
Physically has everything our staff looks for in a guard. Athletic, size, power, agility.
182: R6P4 CB TRAE ELSTON OLE MISS
This kid plays so much like Richard Sherman, it's ridiculous. Played FS for Ole Miss, but I think he'd be a brutal addition to the LOB and would challenge for the start at RCB pretty fast. He just has crazy coverage skills and he's physical.
215: R6P37 OT STEPHANE NEMBOT COLORADO
The most naturally talented OT in this draft. Extremely raw with limited football experience and a huge ceiling. The guy is just a monster physically. Naturally agile and powerful.
223: R7P4 TE/LB TANNER MCEVOY WISCONSIN
Listed as a TE, but I'm liking him as an OLB/SS guy that can push for time on the weakside and be a bit of an insurance policy on Kam.
245: R7P26 FB DAN VITALE NORTHWESTERN
We keep talking about getting a RB... Why not an athletic FB that can run, catch and block well? I honestly don't even know how Vitale slid down the board this far. Apparently nobody likes FBs anymore. He could be a bruiser back on short yardage situations, block or leak out on passes and pave the way in the running game. The best FB in the draft and he's still on the board... Okay... We'll take him.

Largent80

Reaction score
I LOVE reading these, thanks for all that work, and for folks that can't follow college ball much, it's a welcome education.