The physical freaks in this draft play O-line not D-line...

firebee

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":252edo0f said:
Look at the top three OT's... all possible at #26. Then look at the marginal difference between the DL's and the desert of an edge rush group.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/size-lengt ... stands-out
Gut feeling says we're going Conklin if he slides to us in the 1st or Spriggs. Only two guys with the combination of measurables, SPARQ and production that would appeal to our FO based on their tendencies. Hold off on DT until the 2nd and try to land Willie Henry or Chris Jones, the only two DTs, besides Ioannidis that have the measurables, SPARQ and production that would appeal to our FO based on their tendencies. Can't really count Mebane when you look at the draft, as he was already a proven commodity here when PC and company arrived.

The edge rushers and linebackers in this draft... SMDH... Can't say that I'm really impressed with any of them, especially with our picks. Darron Lee, Myles Jack and Noah Spence are likely gone by the time we pick. Keeping that small school diamond David Perkins on ice and waiting to see what his Pro Day says. If he measures up on SPARQ, I think we make a play for him and hope that the jump to the NFL isn't too much for him.

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":8nnn2d4b said:
Look at the top three OT's... all possible at #26. Then look at the marginal difference between the DL's and the desert of an edge rush group.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/size-lengt ... stands-out

Great article. Agree 100%.

I've always liked Ifedi enough to want him in Seattle in round 2, but now I'm starting to want him in Seattle at #26.

Also, Ronald Blair's SLA%... I actually laughed when I saw it.

cover-2

Reaction score
Great article. It's nice to have a quick rating system that combines athletisim and all the physical measurements. It's kind of amusing to see fan favorite Sebastian Tretola at the very bottom of the o-line SLA ratings...damn those short arms.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
regarding Ogbah: Watched a few games, and I keep hearing the hot and cold thing, takes plays off (A common college DL refrain).

So I counted his snaps in a few games. The nature of college ball has lots of these DL players, including him, on the field for a silly number of snaps per game. Of course they take plays off.

Look at any DL player on the field for 50 snaps a game, you will see them taking plays off.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":6ujy1ci0 said:
regarding Ogbah: Watched a few games, and I keep hearing the hot and cold thing, takes plays off (A common college DL refrain).

So I counted his snaps in a few games. The nature of college ball has lots of these DL players, including him, on the field for a silly number of snaps per game. Of course they take plays off.

Look at any DL player on the field for 50 snaps a game, you will see them taking plays off.

I think it's more extreme with Ogbah though. There are occasions where he doesn't just take plays off/get a breather. There are times where he just switches off to the detriment of the team. He is without doubt one of the most frustrating players I think I've ever watched -- more so since we know what an athletic beast he is. His general pursuit/effort when the ball in his area, at times, simply isn't good enough. It's one thing to not give 100% rushing the edge for a few downs. When the ball is in your zone and you're just jogging to the ball carrier (or not even doing that) -- not acceptable.

firebee

Reaction score
I'd say Spriggs is our top target in the 1st. SPARQ and physical measurements blows everyone else out of the water. Cable, himself, has said he doesn't care too much about the way a player plays in college, as long as they're coachable. Though Spriggs had a poor showing in the Senior Bowl game, he got rave reviews at the Senior Bowl practices, which indicates coaches like his coachability. I also take note of the fact that we seem to gravitate towards linemen with high measurable upper body strength. Spriggs put down 31 reps, as opposed to Conklin and Ifedi putting down 25 and 24 reps. Personally, I'd take Conklin over Spriggs, but based on the tendencies of our FO; I think Spriggs is our top target in the 1st round and would be surprised if they didn't take him.

kearly

Reaction score
Spriggs is the 2016 version of what Justin Britt was in the 2014 draft. Maybe he'll have a better result, but he's pretty much the exact same guy as a prospect.

I'm not a big fan, but I'm guessing Tom Cable is.

theENGLISHseahawk":2v43og89 said:
I think it's more extreme with Ogbah though. There are occasions where he doesn't just take plays off/get a breather. There are times where he just switches off to the detriment of the team. He is without doubt one of the most frustrating players I think I've ever watched -- more so since we know what an athletic beast he is. His general pursuit/effort when the ball in his area, at times, simply isn't good enough. It's one thing to not give 100% rushing the edge for a few downs. When the ball is in your zone and you're just jogging to the ball carrier (or not even doing that) -- not acceptable.

I think it will probably keep Pete from drafting him. Pete wants competitors. That said, I think that Ogbah is a steal where he's going in mock drafts. I hope like hell Ogbah doesn't go to Arizona.

titan3131

Reaction score
I almost think that we cant pass on ogbah for the chance that AZ or CAR takes him...

Erebus

Reaction score
When you talked about running back prospects, you said it's not an attractive position outside of Henry. Why no mention of Daniel Lasco? He's at the top of the list for both SPARQ and SLA. Is he that bad of a player?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Erebus":1rxnqau3 said:
When you talked about running back prospects, you said it's not an attractive position outside of Henry. Why no mention of Daniel Lasco? He's at the top of the list for both SPARQ and SLA. Is he that bad of a player?

Was totally underwhelmed watching him.