Texas Tech WR runs 4.1 Forty yard dash!!! this is the

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dxuh85j said:
At that suze Our kicker could whoop his ass. He better be fast.

Hausch Money is a lover not a fighter!

5'7 168 is tiny. you're right, but Petey loves him some electric slot receivers.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, he has some killer highlights. I don't think he'll be too successful in the NFL at that size, but definitely an exciting college player. It will be interesting to see if he gets drafted just for his big play ability.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3bodsgg6 said:
Man, he has some killer highlights. I don't think he'll be too successful in the NFL at that size, but definitely an exciting college player. It will be interesting to see if he gets drafted just for his big play ability.

20 lbs lighter than Darren Sproles and about the same height for comparison.

DJrmb

Reaction score
OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Basis4day":djed3t8e said:
HawkFan72":djed3t8e said:

20 lbs lighter than Darren Sproles and about the same height for comparison.

Good comparison, Sproles has had a real nice career.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
WOW!

I don't know that I've seen a player in the NFL who possesses that kind of jitterbug quickness and change of direction ability since Barry Sanders ...

Barry Sanders Highlights
[youtube]DubNNBOVsUs[/youtube]

Jakeem Grant Highlights
[youtube]o3kYFzpxD-A[/youtube]

Though this guy has incredible speed and quickness, the Seahawks already have a similar type player in Tyler Lockett. So, I'm personally thinking that Seattle (if they're looking to draft another WR) would be looking for a player who has size, speed, and leaping ability -- someone who can be a match-up problem and get opposing DB's to back off and open up things for the rest of Seattle's receivers.

OTOH, Pete it's well known that Pete Carroll looks for guys who have special traits that "tilt the field" and set them apart from everyone else. They could I suppose find room for a player like this -- I just don't know where he'd play unless they'd possibly want to occasionally line him up in the backfield as a RB. That would sure make things interesting.

He's small, but his speed and quickness would make him a heck of a weapon for someone. I dunno. He's an interesting name to keep an eye on for sure.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3c79f38y said:
WOW!

I don't know that I've seen a player in the NFL who possesses that kind of jitterbug quickness and change of direction ability since Barry Sanders ...

Barry Sanders Highlights
[youtube]DubNNBOVsUs[/youtube]

Jakeem Grant Highlights
[youtube]o3kYFzpxD-A[/youtube]

Though this guy has incredible speed and quickness, the Seahawks already have a similar type player in Tyler Lockett. So, I'm personally thinking that Seattle (if they're looking to draft another WR) would be looking for a player who has size, speed, and leaping ability -- someone who can be a match-up problem and get opposing DB's to back off and open up things for the rest of Seattle's receivers.

OTOH, Pete it's well known that Pete Carroll looks for guys who have special traits that "tilt the field" and set them apart from everyone else. They could I suppose find room for a player like this -- I just don't know where he'd play unless they'd possibly want to occasionally line him up in the backfield as a RB. That would sure make things interesting.

He's small, but his speed and quickness would make him a heck of a weapon for someone. I dunno. He's an interesting name to keep an eye on for sure.

Seattle had a guy by the name of Paul Richardson and still drafted Lockett!

I'd rather have this guy than Richardson!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":19lgkyak said:
Seattle had a guy by the name of Paul Richardson and still drafted Lockett!

I'd rather have this guy than Richardson!

Richardson is 6'0". With Jakeem Grant, we're talking 5'7" (maybe even 5'6" depending on who you listen to). To be fair though I know, the NFL has seen small players make it in the league before ...

Maurice Jones-Drew ... 5'7"
Jacquizz Rodgers ... 5'6"
Darren Sproles ... 5'6"
Trindon Holliday ... 5'5"

I have no idea if the Hawks would be interested or not, but that speed and change of direction -- that is just flat out special. There is no doubt about that. He will be making plays for someone on Sundays, you can count on that.

PS: I agree with you, if it were between Richardson and Grant ... I'd have to go with Grant as well.

McG

Reaction score
This guy is the perfect back up plan to Tyler Lockett. They both do the same things, they may not do them in the exact same ways, but they are both very similar talents. If we can pick this guy up in the late rounds (fingers crossed) then I will be more than happy. Sure he's small and he wont be able to make the team on kick or punt coverage, but his value in KR and as a backup to Lockett could be huge. Not to mention, over the last few years I've grown to love the angry and hungry type of player. You can never underestimate a man that is motivated and has unique skills.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McG":3gujcijk said:
This guy is the perfect back up plan to Tyler Lockett. They both do the same things, they may not do them in the exact same ways, but they are both very similar talents. If we can pick this guy up in the late rounds (fingers crossed) then I will be more than happy. Sure he's small and he wont be able to make the team on kick or punt coverage, but his value in KR and as a backup to Lockett could be huge. Not to mention, over the last few years I've grown to love the angry and hungry type of player. You can never underestimate a man that is motivated and has unique skills.

This kid couldn't hold a candle to Lockett. Lockett was incredible in college as a WR and KR. This kid is just fast. There's a big difference.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":150l13ls said:
McG":150l13ls said:

This kid couldn't hold a candle to Lockett. Lockett was incredible in college as a WR and KR. This kid is just fast. There's a big difference.

I'm not saying that this kid is going to be a superstar or anything (let alone even make it in the NFL) -- he may end up a blip on the NFL's radar screen that's here one second and gone the next -- but you're wrong on that assessment. Yes, Jakeem Grant is extremely fast. That's true. But he's more than fast.

What makes me think that he has a strong shot of making it in the NFL as a kick returner, punt returner, and/or 3rd down situational player is his change of direction ability. That ability to stop on a dime, juke, turn, and be going full speed again in a step or 2 is flat out impressive. And as I mentioned above, I haven't seen a player come in to the league with that kind of change of direction ability since Barry Sanders. No one. Seriously, go click on the links I have posted above on both the Barry Sanders video (you'll have to watch that on youtube itself) ... and then Grant's highlight video. Compare. You'll see what I mean.

Speed is one thing -- it's the elite change of direction ability that sets this guy apart.