Rico Gathers Baylor Basketball Player

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Not sure if any threads have started regarding Gathers, but NFL.com reporting he intends to play in the league.

No experience at football but his measurables are worth a look.

And if any team can turn him into a football player, you can be absolutely sure, it's us!

If anything, a late round pick is worth a shot.

Hawks seem to have a knack at developing late round picks into All Pros very well.

Or if anything, he's good depth or just a training camp body.

Low risk, high reward!

He can learn from fellow basketball player and tight end Jimmy Graham!

Rico Gathers is young, very athletic and 6' 8" 275 lbs.

Be an optimist!

Possibilities!

Make it happen, Pete and John!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... fl-in-2016

cover-2

Reaction score
We already have a star basketball player on our team that can't block to save his life, we don't need another. If we do draft a TE in the draft he will probably have proved to be a good blocker at the collegiate level....the Seahawks have shown interest in Ohio St TE Nick Vannett. Vannett is considered a better blocker than receiver at this point, with the potential to be a good receiving TE.

penihawk

Reaction score
Nick Vannett is going to be a very good do everything TE in this league. I would love to see us take him in the 3rd and solidify the position. Graham is a year away and Vannett would be an asset to our O-line . As for the basketball player, we have that guy and don't waste a draft pick. UDFA is always welcome to compete however.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've watched him play a lot of basketball, and he is a monster. Not sure if he can play football or not, but he has the body and athleticism to.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":kukumh5n said:
I've watched him play a lot of basketball, and he is a monster. Not sure if he can play football or not, but he has the body and athleticism to.
Bring him in!

We should give him a shot!

Late round draft pick, 6 or 7th?

What's the worse that could happen?!

kobebryant

Reaction score
He's definitely interesting.

The basketball players who didn't play college football and are attempting to transition to TE do tend to go undrafted - Antonio Gates and Darren Fells

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
penihawk":ic08j5ug said:
Nick Vannett is going to be a very good do everything TE in this league. I would love to see us take him in the 3rd and solidify the position. Graham is a year away and Vannett would be an asset to our O-line . As for the basketball player, we have that guy and don't waste a draft pick. UDFA is always welcome to compete however.
There's a few TE's in this draft that could help. Vannett is one of them. But, I agree that TE might be a position to address.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kobebryant":1rwsbfel said:
He's definitely interesting.

The basketball players who didn't play college football and are attempting to transition to TE do tend to go undrafted - Antonio Gates and Darren Fells

Sadlly, we had Fells and let him go. He went to at least one other team (Patriots?) then went to Arizona where he's a decent TE.

Latest posts