Anyone know anything about EMU's Darius Jackson? Here's his pro-day numbers:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tdgawd/status/711385134616850432[/tweet]
Pretty darn impressive if you ask me

pehawk

Reaction score
Good catch. He checks all the boxes.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Rob has a nice piece up on him this morning over at Seahawks Draft Blog (top story) ...

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

It's interesting when you watch the tape that Rob has posted up on his site on Jackson. You know how scouts often talk about players playing faster on the field? Well for me personally, it looks like Jackson is playing far slower. I'm not seeing him play with 4.35 speed out there (more like 4.6 speed). Just my take, but his tape (to me) doesn't look like anything to write home about. It'll be very interesting to see how other teams (including the Seahawks) view him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I watched his highlight video and while he's had some terrific runs.. the thing that stood out the most was the holes he had to run through. He had a terrific OL in front of him. Maybe the Seahawks should look at the guys blocking for him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He looks a lot like Bryce Brown when he was with Philly. I agree that he doesn't look as fast on film as he reportedly is in shorts.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":28kpuxm2 said:
Rob has a nice piece up on him this morning over at Seahawks Draft Blog (top story) ...

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

It's interesting when you watch the tape that Rob has posted up on his site on Jackson. You know how scouts often talk about players playing faster on the field? Well for me personally, it looks like Jackson is playing far slower. I'm not seeing him play with 4.35 speed out there (more like 4.6 speed). Just my take, but his tape (to me) doesn't look like anything to write home about. It'll be very interesting to see how other teams (including the Seahawks) view him.

Good point. Looks like we have the antithesis of that in Rawls. Rawls was clocked at a 4.6, and plays like he runs a high 4.4

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerry Rice Syndrome, I think Rice also ran like a 4.6 in a official 40 yd timed run but, well we know he did pretty well at running on a football field.

The getting out of a stance and the start can be .2 seconds on a run if your out of the blocks slow on the gun, some players train and train for this run and have shaved big numbers off their 40, I read his bio and it said 4.6 there also.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, .net is so great. I bet they'd try get him as an UDFA, but I think his athleticism means he'll be gone before that point.