Rawls and Michael are our 1 2 punch....

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This was a direct quote from Pete Carroll on NFL network. We are drafting someone high aren't we? Henry at 26 in all probability.

Thanks for listening.

MB12

Reaction score
Exciting times, I'm hoping it's Dixon in the third.

kearly

Reaction score
Normally a team would send a RB coach to meet with a RB. Seattle sent Bevell to meet with Ervin... that suggests to me that the Seahawks are pretty serious about the guy.

Williams, Collins and Dixon all ran a ~4.60 forty which likely eliminates them from consideration for Seattle. The 'slowest' RB Seattle has drafted was Christine Michael who ran a 4.54, but Michael also had an unbelievable 1.49 ten yard split at 220 pounds. Turbin ran fast. Lynch ran fast. (Rawls ran poorly, but was nursing a bad hamstring).

So if we assume Seattle is only looking at RB who are explosive burners, that shines a spotlight on a few guys (40 time, 10 yard split):

Keith Marshall: 4.31, 1.53
Tyler Ervin: 4.41, 1.56
Daniel Lasco: 4.46, 1.53
Marshaun Coprich: 4.47, 1.54
Wendell Smallwood: 4.47, 1.56
Josh Ferguson: 4.48, 1.56
CJ Prosise: 4.48, 1.57
DeAndre Washington: 4.49, 1.58

Those are the players who ran a sub 4.50 forty at the combine with a sub 1.60 ten yard split. Most of them are not serious NFL prospects. Of that list, Marshall, Ervin, and Coprich stand out the most. Lasco has awful tape, but his combine was so good that Seattle might go after him in UDFA.

Ervin is projected to go in rounds 4-5. Marshall is projected to go in rounds 5-6. Coprich is projected to go in round 7-UDFA. So not only do they fit Seattle's need for a super athletic RB, but they will likely be available around the time that Seattle would start to consider drafting a RB.

Of this group, Ervin has the highest draft projection, so it probably shouldn't be a shock that Seattle sent their OC to meet with Ervin at his pro-day.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Tyler Ervin is the 3rd most sparqy RB in the draft so it makes a lot of sense to meet with him. It also makes a lot more sense if you are making a play for the second most sparqy RB and heisman trophy winner in the late first and want to keep that interest under wraps.

Seattle's needs are on both sides of the trenches but I feel the FO think they can fill those needs later so why not swing for the fences and attempt to secure your identity as a run based offence for the next half decade for peanuts?

I'm telling you it's a done deal, it's Henry at 26 and no one can tell me any different. Only way it doesn't happen is if he goes earlier. I've never been more sure of anything.

DJrmb

Reaction score
kearly":3cw0ulep said:
Normally a team would send a RB coach to meet with a RB. Seattle sent Bevell to meet with Ervin... that suggests to me that the Seahawks are pretty serious about the guy.

Williams, Collins and Dixon all ran a ~4.60 forty which likely eliminates them from consideration for Seattle. The 'slowest' RB Seattle has drafted was Christine Michael who ran a 4.54, but Michael also had an unbelievable 1.49 ten yard split at 220 pounds. Turbin ran fast. Lynch ran fast. (Rawls ran poorly, but was nursing a bad hamstring).

So if we assume Seattle is only looking at RB who are explosive burners, that shines a spotlight on a few guys (40 time, 10 yard split):

Keith Marshall: 4.31, 1.53
Tyler Ervin: 4.41, 1.56
Daniel Lasco: 4.46, 1.53
Marshaun Coprich: 4.47, 1.54
Wendell Smallwood: 4.47, 1.56
Josh Ferguson: 4.48, 1.56
CJ Prosise: 4.48, 1.57
DeAndre Washington: 4.49, 1.58

Those are the players who ran a sub 4.50 forty at the combine with a sub 1.60 ten yard split. Most of them are not serious NFL prospects. Of that list, Marshall, Ervin, and Coprich stand out the most. Lasco has awful tape, but his combine was so good that Seattle might go after him in UDFA.

Ervin is projected to go in rounds 4-5. Marshall is projected to go in rounds 5-6. Coprich is projected to go in round 7-UDFA. So not only do they fit Seattle's need for a super athletic RB, but they will likely be available around the time that Seattle would start to consider drafting a RB.

Of this group, Ervin has the highest draft projection, so it probably shouldn't be a shock that Seattle sent their OC to meet with Ervin at his pro-day.

Great post Kearly.

I don't think Henry is high enough on Seattle's list for them to consider him in the 2nd round, and definitely not at 26. Everything up to now really seams to point towards Tyler Ervin being a guy they are really targeting. He's projected to be a 4th or 5th round pick but I'm thinking this could be a guy they can't leave the draft without, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach for Ervin in the 3rd.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see Bevell going to check out Percy Ervin because he wants to see if his head is on right after previous fiasco and how he clicks, the guy won't be the focal point but a situational contributor and Bevell probably doesn't want conflict like he has had with Harvin and Lynch in the past and the F.O. wants a good relationship there also.

McGruff

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":30di09ml said:
Tyler Ervin is the 3rd most sparqy RB in the draft so it makes a lot of sense to meet with him. It also makes a lot more sense if you are making a play for the second most sparqy RB and heisman trophy winner in the late first and want to keep that interest under wraps.

Seattle's needs are on both sides of the trenches but I feel the FO think they can fill those needs later so why not swing for the fences and attempt to secure your identity as a run based offence for the next half decade for peanuts?

I'm telling you it's a done deal, it's Henry at 26 and no one can tell me any different. Only way it doesn't happen is if he goes earlier. I've never been more sure of anything.

I know its not a popular opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised and would be fully on board if we picked Henry. Every time I watch Alabama highlights, whether its wathcing one of their linemen or watching a defense play against them, I am always blown away by Henry. He's just a fantastic specimen with elite speed and vision that is off the charts.

titan3131

Reaction score
COPRICH improved his vert @ his pro day to a 38" vert.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not expecting Seattle to draft Henry.

His 4.54 forty would tie Michael for the slowest of any RB to be selected by Seattle. Michael, however, had a ridiculous 1.49 ten yard split, compared to a sluggish 1.63 10 yard split for Henry. You watch Henry on draft breakdown, and he looks outright slow in the first five yards. It's only when he gets into the open field running straight ahead that his speed begins to show up.

Henry is the perfect RB for Alabama, but finding the perfect team for him in the NFL will be a challenge. He's a back that can turn great blocking into big production, but he isn't a guy you'd want dodging defenders in the backfield or trying to slip through tight spaces.

Given that our OL is one of the NFL's worst and most inexperienced (and also the cheapest), we're going to need a RB who is more of a magician than a specimen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Henry played at Bama where the line opened everything up. I prolly could of had a 4 ypc with those holes.

titan3131

Reaction score
Ervin and coprich are my favorite zbs rbs after Kenneth Dixon.

Anyone of them would be amazing for us.

Ozzy

Reaction score
McGruff":9dijwcr6 said:
UK_Seahawk":9dijwcr6 said:

I know its not a popular opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised and would be fully on board if we picked Henry. Every time I watch Alabama highlights, whether its wathcing one of their linemen or watching a defense play against them, I am always blown away by Henry. He's just a fantastic specimen with elite speed and vision that is off the charts.
I said this a while back as well. If they take Henry at 26 then they LOVE him as a Seahawk. It would be fun to watch

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Henry is a physical freak. Anyone can run fast.

MB12

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/pff_ben/status/712708424639913984[/tweet]

Combined with his 10 yard split of 1.56 (quicker than Elliot's 1.58) and his impressive pro day performance at 220, I'm hoping the Seahawks draft him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't want them to pick Henry at 26 but would be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited about it if they did. That doesn't make much sense I know but regardless they would have to think he's special to take him there.

McGruff

Reaction score
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-fo ... qb-at-no-4

26. Seattle Seahawks

Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama: Pete Carroll from the top rope! Pete Carroll from the top rope!!! The Seahawks blow the draft wide open by taking a powerful running back to replace Marshawn Lynch. Thomas Rawls fantasy owners cringe, but what a one-two punch the Seahawks have the next three years minimum.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'd really like Dixon as the third down back. He's probably the best pass catcher among RBs in this draft and he's incredibly though. If he's there in the third I would love for us to get him.

titan3131

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2ro80uh6 said:
I'd really like Dixon as the third down back. He's probably the best pass catcher among RBs in this draft and he's incredibly though. If he's there in the third I would love for us to get him.

ABSOLUTELY. but he is so good i doubt he makes it out of the 2nd round.

Ervin is the target for RB.

xgeoff

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1s5kyqwk said:

Very interesting! I would be psyched to have Henry, but I think I'd rather have someone like Conklin on the o-line if he falls.

I'm excited for this draft, can't wait to see who we pick!