Blake Countess, CB, Auburn 126.4
Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU 97.6
William Jackson III, CB, Houston 110.8
Keyvon Seymour, CB, USC 119.8
Sean Davis, CB, Maryland 134.6

S
William Parks, S, Arizona 96.7
Andrew Adams, S, UConn
Updated with the best info I have from here, FG, NFL, WF, Seattle Times, twitter, etc. Some of these are formal visits, some informal conversations, some intentional Pro Day attention. Take them all with a grain of salt.

What is interesting is to look at position groupings to indicate areas of interest. OL is not surprisingly getting a lot of visits, but more surprising is the large number of WR's being looked at.

kearly

Reaction score
Awesome. I was waiting for this. I'll post names if I see any.

Le'Raven Clark... I'll have to study him more. He's the most extreme waist bender in the draft. But he also has 36" arms and elite foot quickness. It could be a case like with Russell Wilson where compensating factors can overcome a glaring weakness.

Further, Clark passed on most of the drills at the combine and his pro-day due to a bad hamstring. It's worth noting that he only posted 17 reps on the bench press. That said, he ran the 40 for one attempt and managed a 5.16 with bad wheels. It makes you wonder if Clark could break into the 4's when healthy.

For all we know, Clark could be a SPARQ god, but he just hasn't participated in enough drills to qualify for the formula. I will say this from watching his draft breakdown stuff, the guy has ELITE quickness for a tackle of his size on the football field. He's one of the best best moving LTs I've ever seen.

There was an unnamed NFC player personnel director who said that he thinks Le'Raven Clark will end up a top five left tackle in the NFL. Not in this draft, in the NFL. Suffice to say, there are some out there that hold Le'Raven Clark in extremely high regard. We should probably prepare ourselves for the possibility of Le'Raven Clark at #26.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Jay Lee . . . he's a big bodied WR who was a cmbine snub but did well at his pro day.

So I found some film . . . the first three minutes are some of the worst plays I have seen consecutively from a single player . . . and then it gets better.

[youtube]qNjQGmfg-mM[/youtube]

He is a plus blocker.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
kearly":1eayagp8 said:
Awesome. I was waiting for this. I'll post names if I see any.

Le'Raven Clark... I'll have to study him more. He's the most extreme waist bender in the draft. But he also has 36" arms and elite foot quickness. It could be a case like with Russell Wilson where compensating factors can overcome a glaring weakness.

Further, Clark passed on most of the drills at the combine and his pro-day due to a bad hamstring. It's worth noting that he only posted 17 reps on the bench press. That said, he ran the 40 for one attempt and managed a 5.16 with bad wheels. It makes you wonder if Clark could break into the 4's when healthy.

For all we know, Clark could be a SPARQ god, but he just hasn't participated in enough drills to qualify for the formula. I will say this from watching his draft breakdown stuff, the guy has ELITE quickness for a tackle of his size on the football field. He's one of the best best moving LTs I've ever seen.

There was an unnamed NFC player personnel director who said that he thinks Le'Raven Clark will end up a top five left tackle in the NFL. Not in this draft, in the NFL. Suffice to say, there are some out there that hold Le'Raven Clark in extremely high regard. We should probably prepare ourselves for the possibility of Le'Raven Clark at #26.

Wilson overcome being small by being a really good football player. Clark will have to compensate for his lack of technique with his impressive measurables. Not even close to the same.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":25zppm7g said:
We also know they ran Connor McGovern and (ahem) "Evan Boehm" through workouts . . . :stirthepot:
Nice, McGruff. Love it. :lol: "BAyM!" Sorta catchy. Try getting that outta your head. You could get a jersey! ;)
p9sjh1vbfdh7yz2dgm9v.gif

Thanks for getting this thread going. :th2thumbs: I was just thinking about this the other day and was looking forward to it.
I'll be viewing this thread often hoping to see "Mike Thomas, WR, So Miss". My only draft crush to this point thanks to Kearly and others. Vannett is a good name to see on the list.

kearly

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1zxljm9v said:
Wilson overcome being small by being a really good football player. Clark will have to compensate for his lack of technique with his impressive measurables. Not even close to the same.

There are many 5'11" QBs who are great football players and who fail miserably in the NFL. You need to be more than a good football player to overcome the height disadvantage. Wilson had elite mobility, a very high release, and very large hands for a person his size. Had he not been mobile, had he not had a high release, and if he had the hands of a typical 5'11" dude, he probably wouldn't be playing in the NFL right now.

Almost every time you see a 5'11" QB, you can safely assume he isn't NFL material unless that QB has special qualities that can mitigate their height disadvantage. Wilson could navigate the pocket to find throwing lanes because of his mobility. He could avoid batted balls because of his high release point. He could grip the ball with his big hands, even though most 5'11" guys do not have hands that big.

Similarly a guy that is an OL who is a waist bender typically won't stick at tackle in the NFL. Why? Because guys who carry their weight forward over their toes are not balanced properly which leads to poor recovery time and can make them susceptible to pass rush moves.

Almost every time you see a waist-bender LT, you can assume he'd have to move to guard. I think the theory here with Clark is that his very long arms and super quick feet can mitigate the disadvantages of being a waist-bender and a leaner. His long 36" arms prevent pass rushers from abusing his lean with pass rush moves because they never get into Clark's body. And while Clark is at a recovery disadvantage because of his lean, his feet are so fast that he's able to recover anyway.

Point being, both guys are examples of players who defied conventional wisdom because they possessed a unique combination of traits that allowed them to be exceptions.

kearly

Reaction score
McGruff":3mhcvh3k said:
We also know they ran Connor McGovern and (ahem) "Evan Boehm" through workouts . . . :stirthepot:

It's interesting that they brought in Stanford guard Joshua Garnett, who's SPARQ rating only ranks 30th percentile. Maybe they're just being cool to a guy who grew up a Seahawks fan?

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm surprised they met with Lawson and Reader but not Dodd. I think Dodd is an awesome candidate to slide inside and generate some pass rush up the middle.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Tical21":1hmwbnc9 said:
I'm surprised they met with Lawson and Reader but not Dodd. I think Dodd is an awesome candidate to slide inside and generate some pass rush up the middle.

Weird thing about these is visits is sometimes team will interview players to find out about their teammates. Very covert.

Not saying g that is the case here, but it doesn't rule Dodd out.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":2xyjbyne said:
Tical21":2xyjbyne said:

Weird thing about these is visits is sometimes team will interview players to find out about their teammates. Very covert.

Not saying g that is the case here, but it doesn't rule Dodd out.
Yeah, that happens doesn't it McGruff? I wonder who the Hawks were looking at when the worked out "McGovern"? Lol

titan3131

Reaction score
they are having Jonathan bullard in for a visit. If he is on the board he is pick @ 26.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
titan3131":2hcii4pc said:
they are having Jonathan bullard in for a visit. If he is on the board he is pick @ 26.

I would be very happy with this.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Underrated safety William Parks also looked good. He measured 6006, 204 pounds, timed 4.52/4.55 in the 40 and completed 22 reps on the bench. His vertical jump was 32 inches and broad 9-7.

Parks met extensively with the Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens and New Orleans Saints. He has official visits set up with the Seattle Seahawks and Cleveland Borwns.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#T5 ... A7ff4ik.99

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Offensive lineman Lene Maiava, who's struggling with a minor knee issue, measured 6040, 314 pounds and completed 34 reps on the bench. He's expected to complete a workout for scouts the week of April 18. Maiava, who participated in Shrine week, has official visits set with the San Diego Chargers and Seattle Seahawks.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#bM ... yegyXDG.99

kearly

Reaction score
titan3131":3ujkzi2c said:

Hard to argue with that. My personal feelings aside, Bullard checks all the boxes for Seattle. I suspect they will gush about him like they did for Irvin and Wilson.