If the Hawks draft these two players I will be ecstatic!

cheese22

Reaction score
Short but sweet post. I like it.

For me it's McGovern and Javon Hargrave.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
cheese22":1ogtmxh1 said:

^^^ this.

My trifecta would be to trade back from #26, Get Kelly. Take McGovern at 56. Trade up slightly in 3rd to ensure Hargrave.

Basically the LG-C-RG positions are set. Rotational interior pass rusher set. I'd be uncomfortable with the tackles but could live with them for a year.

Could care less about the edge talent this year. It is grossly underwhelming compared to previous seasons. I think recency bias is pushing the Bullards/Tapper/Ogbah's of this draft way higher. If these guys came out last year, they are probably all 3rd round picks. Taking one of these early strikes me like the Carpenter/Britt pick when we reached on need.

Talent isn't there IMO. Go fix other positions for a 4 year stint and circle back on edge later.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm going to give one high pick and one low . . .

Derrick Henry . . . my gut just says he's going to be great. Same thing it said about Melvin Gordon :oops: .

Trae Elston . . . I love the passion in his game.

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1lgkjziy said:
cheese22":1lgkjziy said:

^^^ this.

My trifecta would be to trade back from #26, Get Kelly. Take McGovern at 56. Trade up slightly in 3rd to ensure Hargrave.

Basically the LG-C-RG positions are set. Rotational interior pass rusher set. I'd be uncomfortable with the tackles but could live with them for a year.

Could care less about the edge talent this year. It is grossly underwhelming compared to previous seasons. I think recency bias is pushing the Bullards/Tapper/Ogbah's of this draft way higher. If these guys came out last year, they are probably all 3rd round picks. Taking one of these early strikes me like the Carpenter/Britt pick when we reached on need.

Talent isn't there IMO. Go fix other positions for a 4 year stint and circle back on edge later.

The one edge rusher I think is exceptional is Leonard Floyd. I'd probably put him on my two-list before Henry, but I really like Henry too, and that would be a lot more fun to see the board meltdown if we draft Henry :179417:

JMO but I think Leonard will have a Jason Taylor type career, and that would totally be worth it.

kearly

Reaction score
Tyler Ervin and Le'Raven Clark feel like the two most exciting players who are realistic. With Ervin I think he's got "take over a game" type ability and would go really high in the draft if he was a prototypical RB. With Clark I wonder if his elite movement skills and 36" arms can cancel out his status as a waist bender. If so, he'd clearly be the steal of the draft on the OL.

Floyd and Bullard give off strong Seahawks vibes and have great passion for the game, but so did Bruce Irvin. It's hard for me to get 'ecstatic' over players that have to develop as much as those players do. Ogbah is looking like a top 15 pick last I heard. Shon Coleman probably has medical reasons for receiving zero draft hype. Kenneth Dixon is a flippin' stud, but I'm not sure if he's athletic enough for Seattle. Hargrave is going to be a solid player at a low price, but I would have said the same thing about Jordan Hill before the 2013 draft, and the Hill pick wasn't exactly a sexy one.

Normally there are several players I'm "pumped" for in a draft but this year I just see a few guys who are interesting gambles rather than players I would plan my draft around, given Seattle's SPARQ restraints.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Andrew Billing - IMO, one of the most talented DTs in the draft. A perfect fit at NT who can dominate the trenches for us the next 5 -8 years.

Jonathan Williams - The talent (when healthy) is among the best of this RB class. Could be a nice sleeper pick in the 4th round.

McGruff

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":yvznwjyp said:
Andrew Billing - IMO, one of the most talented DTs in the draft. A perfect fit at NT who can dominate the trenches for us the next 5 -8 years.

Jonathan Williams - The talent (when healthy) is among the best of this RB class. Could be a nice sleeper pick in the 4th round.

Good call on Williams. I really like him too.

kearly

Reaction score
There's a lot of good names in this thread, but it kind of leaps out at me how banal they are as 'exciting' prospects for the most part. What I mean by that is, a guy like Tom Brady isn't around in every draft. A guy like Russell Wilson isn't around in every draft. A guy like Geno Atkins isn't around in every draft. A guy like Richard Sherman isn't around in every draft.

Is there a Brady/Wilson/Atkins/Sherman type of unique all-pro caliber mega-steal in this draft? If there is, I haven't found him yet. I see a lot of guys who could be the next Zane Beadles, the next Ahtyba Rubin, the next Jason Jones, good solid players who would be good gets. But nobody that I'd lose my shit over.

For example. Ryan Kelly. I'd be just fine with Seattle taking him at #26. I'd be very happy to get him anywhere in round 2. He's a good player and Seattle needs him. Putting him at the top of a fan wishlist in the context of this draft makes sense. But then again, I feel like you can find a good center with a late 1st / early 2nd round pick in almost every draft. So it kind of kills the excitement a bit when a player is good, but easy to find most years. That's nothing against Kelly or many of these players. I just feel like they are all guys you could find in any draft.

I'm still excited for the draft though, mainly because I feel like there is more than the usual amount of mystery surrounding this draft for Seattle. Even if they go heavy on OL and DL as expected, I'm sure they'll find ways of surprising us with their draft picks.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Joshua Garnett and Deion Jones

If this was Rd 1 and Rd 2 I would really be ok with that

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For me it's Tapper and Thomas from USM. I think both have potential to really step up and be great players on this team. Maybe not Wilson/Sherman/Thomas level but as good at their positions as KJ is at his.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I love the mid to late round steals personally so that's who I tend to look for. My two guys I hope we don't leave without are:

TJ Green Safety Clemson

and

Tyler Ervin RB San Jose State

Bus035

Reaction score
Kenneth Dixon and Nick Martin.

I know Dixon has had issues securing the ball but he looks like a legitimate 3 down back with great hands.

I think Ryan Kelly is the more polished center of the two but i like Martin's overall upside a bit more.

Willyeye

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":4l9wac31 said:
Who are your two?

For me it's Ryan Kelly and Keith Marshall.

I really like both of theses guys a lot. I think Kelly could be a Week 1 starter at Center, and Marshall is one of the fastest RB's I've ever seen. Both would be great Seahawks picks. Good call!

JKent82

Reaction score
Anybody have some good tape for Ervin?

Watched a highlight reel, and just seemed to lack the wiggle to be an NFL RB. Really fast, but small and didn't seem to create. Speed does kill, but I'm not sure I see it. This could be slightly affected by just watching Jakeem Grant.

Kick/punt returner I could see, he has the one step and go, quick cut ability that I think translates well. But if you can't evade a tackler other than by running faster it's tough to succeed in the NFL.

McGruff

Reaction score
JKent82":2l63esn7 said:
Anybody have some good tape for Ervin?

Watched a highlight reel, and just seemed to lack the wiggle to be an NFL RB. Really fast, but small and didn't seem to create. Speed does kill, but I'm not sure I see it. This could be slightly affected by just watching Jakeem Grant.

Kick/punt returner I could see, he has the one step and go, quick cut ability that I think translates well. But if you can't evade a tackler other than by running faster it's tough to succeed in the NFL.

I think you nailed it. Ervin is a true cut and go runner. He doesn't cut well. He doesn't have gears. He has stop and go and that's it.

But he's probably the best I've seen at utilizing those skills. His acceleration is off the charts. He's a Lamborghini in football pads. And he's really good at converting speed into power. And his speed alone destroys angles.

He's a unique runner for sure, but if anyone is going to take advantage of a unique runner like Irvin.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Jack Conklin and Graham Glasgow. Stock the O-Line!

cover-2

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":dn96qgda said:
That would be an outstanding first three rounds!

Attyla the Hawk":dn96qgda said:

I would target DE/LB David Perkins in the 4th or 5th round. He is on my Seahawks wish list.

[youtube]iRqN61dDfBw[/youtube]

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Germaine Ifedi is just a perfect player to get for our current situation. First of all he's a sparq god, which shouldn't be overlooked. More importantly is that he can factor into the competition for LG and RT right away and those two are currently our worst positions on the line.

Kenneth Dixon is also a player I really want. He's the ideal 3rd down back and unlike Fred Jackson he's capable enough to take some snaps as a #1 if Rawls and Michael go down. An elite 3rd down back and really solid insurance. I know we could get other amazing RB prospects on the third day like Keith Marshall or Marshaun Coprich but neither would make me feel ecstatic.