Michael Thomas WR USM pro day

pugs1

Reaction score
Word out of Hattiesburg is that Michael Thomas ran a 4.4 with a 36.5 vert and a 10'6" broad jump! i could see him going 2nd or 3rd round after teams left the combine unimpressed with the WR's

titan3131

Reaction score
Kalan Reed is a Cb from this school who really stole the show at this pro day5'11" had a 41 inch vert, and a 4.3 ish speed.

He has multple game saving plays and 17 Pass break ups this last year which is huge.

If he has the arm length I love him as a nickel prospect.

kearly

Reaction score
I was very impressed with the athleticism of USM's defense during their bowl game. It felt like they had future NFL players on it. It doesn't shock me that they had a CB with such good athleticism.

titan3131

Reaction score
Im suoer hyped about kalan reed. I asked via twitter for his arm length after his pro day. He responded and didnt know sadly. I really think he is a dynamic playmaker who could add BOOM to the nickel spot this year. Then we can move Lane into the side opposite of Sherm and maximize our secondary talent.

kearly

Reaction score
Dammit, now I'm obliged to say something nice about PFF:

Pro Football Focus grades Southern Miss WR Michael Thomas as a better NFL prospect than well-known prospects like Will Fuller, Braxton Miller and Tyler Boyd.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Thomas, inexplicably snubbed from the Combine, posted a monster 72-1,391-14 last year on an average of 19.3 yards per reception. He also forced nine missed tackles over the course of the year. "It’s understandable to question the level of competition, but Thomas was tied with [Laquan] Treadwell in terms of receiving grade, and warrants consideration on Day 2," Gordon McGuiness wrote. PFF ranks Thomas as the No. 7 receiver overall and a second-round value.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134 ... ael-thomas

cover-2

Reaction score
titan3131":27w9u202 said:
Kalan Reed is a Cb from this school who really stole the show at this pro day5'11" had a 41 inch vert, and a 4.3 ish speed.

He has multple game saving plays and 17 Pass break ups this last year which is huge.

If he has the arm length I love him as a nickel prospect.

Here are a couple of videos of him. Just eyeballing it, it doesn't look like he has the 32 inch arm length. With his athleticism and production I wouldn't be surprised to see go somewhere between rounds 3-5.

[youtube]MycK76U6ofc[/youtube]

[youtube]143le4lA96I[/youtube]

penihawk

Reaction score
Good find Titan. I see a guy that has speed,some ball skills and willing in the run game. Might not check the length box but sometimes its the big check mark in the 'FOOTBALL PLAYER" box that has to be looked at the closest. The breakup number is a good indicator of that to me.

Tyrann Mathieu didn't check many of the measurable boxes but he is a great "football player" and Az. sucked when he got hurt last year. We need another guy in the secondary and I would suspect they won't look that way until after the lines get some needed attention. He looks like a prime candidate early day 3 to me. :th2thumbs:

Sidenote: Thats unfortunate that M Thomas ran good because I was hoping we could steal him late.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Well, none of this surprises me whatsoever. That's exactly the kind of speed and athleticism that his tape shows. So much for all the SHHHHHHHHHHHH and keeping things quiet about this guy ...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124208

... because with this workout here coupled with teams heading back to look at game film, people are going to know about him now. With the NFL having become such a pass oriented league, there are so many more teams looking for WR's with size who can really stretch the field. I'm thinking that after his Pro Day ... Mike Thomas may very well have vaulted himself in to the 3rd Round.

Given that Seattle has so many more needs to address (Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle, depth at CB, depth at RB, etc.) ... that the chances of the Seahawks drafting him just took a significant hit. I could be wrong, but I just see them spending most of their early draft capital on addressing OL, DT, RB, and CB. As always, we'll see what happens.

Now Kalan Reed could be another story, as I've heard absolutely ZERO buzz about him. I personally don't see a 3rd-5th round guy. I could definitely see him being a guy whom Seattle brings in as an UDFA and sees what happens.

The film that Cover-2 Posted above IMO isn't all that revealing, though it does appear to show him having a tendency to allow too much separation between he and the receiver, but he's willing to stick his helmet in there and make the tackle. Looks like he's got some things to work on, but he could be an intriguing name to keep an eye on.