WR/CB/RB/ATH Ricardo Louis, Auburn

McGruff

Reaction score
Curious what others think about this player. He's played WR for Auburn, but they also run him a lot on sweeps and gadget plays and he's really good running and after the catch. He's got a thick, RB build that remidns me a lot of former Auburn WR Sammie Coates.

There aren't a lot of videos out there outside of a few highlights clips, but from what I can tell his primary knock is hands and the fact that he's really raw. Reportedly a good route runner, but little things like improvising when plays break down are not there. I have noticed that he's a body catcher and that he tends to wait for the ball rather than attack it.

At his proday, he was put through drills at both WR and DB, and I suspect if Seattle looks at him it will be as a potential CB project. He's go all the athletic ability in the world, and ideal size and length for the position.

Ricardo Louis, Auburn: 6'2", 210 lbs, 32.5 inch arms, 132.7 Sparq, 2nd among WR's behind Josh Doctson, would be 3rd among DB's.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somewhere I read the team had some interest in him as you suggested as a CB conversion project.

The article I read referred to him and 2 other WR types as length measurable WR--> CB conversion candidates.

cheese22

Reaction score
Pretty stout CB. He looks like a safety when he plays the 50-50 balls.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I think this might be the only kid that's been on EVERY version of my draft list. I like him a lot. I think he had the #1 broad jump at 11'0". Sparq beast. He's kind of flown under the radar...I think they could take him in the 7th round if they wanted to chance it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
[youtube]f6Jq7ZK6oyQ[/youtube]

Strikes me as an ultra-competitive, passionate player who plays with an understanding of the game. I know this is just a highlight reel. I haven't seen the negatives. So, can't comment there. If he's got issues with drops, I could see why he's being looked at as a DB - seems to have the on-field personality for it.

I'm intrigued at this point. Thanks for bringing up the player, McGruff.

Seafan

Reaction score
Sounds like a potential replacement for another Ricardo. Comes in and makes a place for himself on STs and then works hard and finds a little niche for himself in a regular position. No hgiher than a 7th rounder for this guy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's our "CB conversion" of the draft. We seem to have one every year

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Perfect developmental late pick. Athletic. Good measurables. Competitive, great body language. Could play on offense or defense, as well as ST surely. I like it.