WR from Germany

McGruff

Reaction score
He looks good. Dominates the competition, shows some good routes, looks the ball into him hands to secure the catch, is explosive and fast. Played some TE and was able to get off the jam.

But, lordy, the level of competition is bad. Makes small college ball in America look like the NFL. I swear some of those guys were middle schoolers.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Europe barely has people who play american football so the overall competition is weak but there are definitely a couple of guys who could be huge with some proper NFL training.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":354oqjou said:
He looks good. Dominates the competition, shows some good routes, looks the ball into him hands to secure the catch, is explosive and fast. Played some TE and was able to get off the jam.

But, lordy, the level of competition is bad. Makes small college ball in America look like the NFL. I swear some of those guys were middle schoolers.
" ...he's 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, runs a 40-yard dash of 4.39 seconds (Whoa!), and has a 37-inch vertical..."

His speed for his size at WR is an amazing advantage against competition anywhere, but perhaps it's amplified there if other top speed athletes are not taking to the game. (By the way... Middle school / youth football is alive and well. At least in places like here in Florida. Some pretty good athletes at that level - several here in Florida. Amazing talent. So, I know you don't mean that as a knock on them. Can't fault them for their age. There is good and "not so good" at every level, my friend.)

It will be interesting to see where he ends up / if he gets a shot at the league.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Overseasfan":bi6gfhjw said:
Europe barely has people who play american football so the overall competition is weak but there are definitely a couple of guys who could be huge with some proper NFL training.
I was surprised to even see a league like that. That's pretty impressive, actually. I lived in Europe for a time and never saw any of this. Most would ridicule the game I love. Must be taking off. Very cool.

cheese22

Reaction score
The size and speed is real. He looks to have good hands catching but bobbles it quite a bit carrying the ball.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea his measurables are unreal. This from nfl.com:

"Officially at Florida Atlantic's pro day, Boehringer ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.09-second short shuttle, 11.15-second 60-yard shuttle, and a 6.64-second three-cone drill that had scouts on the ground doing double-takes at their stopwatches, shaking their heads, and laughing. He also had 17 lifts on the bench press. All of these marks would have landed inside the top five among all wide receivers who tested at the NFL Scouting Combine in February."

All this at 6/4 1/2" and 227 lbs. They also said they ran him in some TE drills and he was able to rectify mistakes and take coaching immediately.

Would he be worth a 4th rounder ? This is similar, if not better, athleticism as Dorial Beckham Green last year, and that dude went in the 2nd didn't he ?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Don't see how using a 6th/7th on a prospect like this could be a bad idea.

Size and wingspan are one thing, but with 4.41 speed? How could drafting him be a worse idea than anything we saw from Kris Durham, Chris Harper, Kevin Norwood or Chris Mattthews?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Moritz Boehringer. Geez louise, I really, really hope the Hawks land him. I love Lockett and Doug, but I want a big, talented receiver on this team in the worst way. Plus, isn't this a contract year for Doug? With what he did last year, and pending another big year this year, he could be gone come next off-season. With Richardson still an unknown, and Kearse pretty much at his ceiling, the receiver depth is wafer thin right now. Take into account no one knowing how Graham will respond to the injury. The Hawks need legit pass catchers, and Boehringer could give it's that at a possibly small cost. He needs to slip on draft day. He'd be a great steal if that happens.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
An article I read said the Pats, Panthers, & Donks have showed the most interest.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Doubt he will be there in the 6th or 7th rd. WiTh the hype he is generating, he will probably be taken a bit early in fear he won't be there. But with those measurables, I hope we get him. Some guys are gonna be good no matter the level of competition.

cheese22

Reaction score
I think he looks like Joe Jurevicius quite a bit. I always felt Joe was underrated and under used. He seemed to have all the characteristics of a #1 but was #3 everywhere he was. That would be okay for a 4th or 5th rounder. But Boe has a lot to learn about the mental side of the game, or so you'd think.

McGruff

Reaction score
cheese22":28lr9e3h said:
I think he looks like Joe Jurevicius quite a bit. I always felt Joe was underrated and under used. He seemed to have all the characteristics of a #1 but was #3 everywhere he was. That would be okay for a 4th or 5th rounder. But Boe has a lot to learn about the mental side of the game, or so you'd think.

Why you think they compare him to Joe Jurevicius?

McGruff

Reaction score
cheese22":349kmeyb said:
Was that rhetorical or are you asking my opinion?

It was somewhat rhetorical, and I know it wasn't your intent, but white receivers almost always get compared to either Joe Jurevicius or Wes Welker.

It would be interesting to run this German guys numbers against other WRS to find a genuine athletic comparison, and I bet if you did the comp wouldn't be a white guy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hard to get a feel for him on tape, because the level of competition is so low. To me he doesn't look much different than Kris Durham. I wouldn't mind a camp invite as an UDFA .. but wouldn't use a draft pick on him.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The correct comparison is to ex Seahawk Jordan Kent. Basically the exact same size, speed and lack of football experience.

Like Jordan Kent I cant imagine him ever making any kind of impact.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34gccc9i said:
The correct comparison is to ex Seahawk Jordan Kent. Basically the exact same size, speed and lack of football experience.

Like Jordan Kent I cant imagine him ever making any kind of impact.

It's always about the Ducks with you isn't it? ;)

Kent is actually a really good comparison though and I agree. His athleticism is great but I think the level of competition just makes it look better than it really is. Kind of like playing Madden 16 on rookie mode.