Charles Tapper, DE Oklahoma

ARhawk

Reaction score
Interestingly measured exactly the same as Frank Clark in height (6'3"), weigtht (271lbs), and arm length (34 3/8in). Tapper's 9-11 broad jump and 34 inch vertical are similar to Clark's 9-10 and 38.5. Tapper also had the best 40 time of any D-lineman at the combine with 4.59 and he had a 1.59 10-yard split. Im not suggesting he is the same player as Clark, but his measurables intrigue me. Does anybody know anything about him as a player?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I watched a few Oklahoma games this year and he always jumped off the screen to me. I would love to snag him with the 2nd pick.

penihawk

Reaction score
Sparq warrior. His measurables might say Frank Clark but if you watch him very rarely does his play on the field say that. He just doesnt seem to be instinctive to me or have much "get off". He may develop his game in the pros with the right staff in the right position tho? I hope we dont draft him unless he slides to rd 4 or 5 which I doubt.

McGruff

Reaction score
Watched a few games last night to refresh my memory, and it's really hard to gauge a DE in the 3-4 becuase the responsibilities are so different, but I was not impressed. He's not twitchy, not explosive, not violent, doesn't utilities his hands and doesn't demonstrate many pass rush moves. He's a straight bull rusher. He does shows great burst to the Qb when the lane is open.