Who are the top 5 you are hoping for at pick #26?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
For me:

1) Andrew Billings - DT, Baylor
[youtube]afNZkUuJqhA[/youtube]

Although offensive tackle is the most imminent need, I couldn't pass up Billings if he fell to 26. I have to wonder if people are seeing what I see when watching Billings on film. He's projected to be a mid to late 1st rounder. But the film I see suggests he should be a top 10 pick... and perhaps the best DT in the deepest D line draft theres been in years. With all the D line talent this year, he may get pushed down as far as #27 to Green Bay. Billings just explodes off the ball and can't be contained 1v1 due to huge power and blows plays up, is disruptive. Was double and even triple teamed in college, and thats on a line that has the freakish Shawn Oakman on it... Still learning the nuances and techniques as he was initially an offensive guard in college. To me he fits Mebane's mold, with versatility to play either 1 or 3 tech, and can be quick enough to generate pass rush we sorely need from the interior... seems to be a hybrid between Bane and Aaron Donald... and thats scary.

2) Jack Conklin - OT, Michigan State
Pencil Conklin in at LT for the next 5 years and just worry about the 4 guys to right of him. Cable would love to have this big nasty fall to us at #26. Not a freak athlete by any means but he is ~6'6 with long arms. Has good pass blocking technique and would be a HUGE upgrade in the run game over the finesse style of Okung. Getting a starter at OT at #26 and allowing the rest of the draft come to us may be the smartest approach to this draft.

3) Taylor Decker - OT, Michigan
Another guy that would come in and start at either tackle position. Solid in both the run and pass protection. A tough guy a, la former Michigan alum Hutchison that looks the part, and would be a if not the leader on the O line that we've desperately needed since Unger was traded.

4) Sheldon Rankins - DT, Louisville
Would immediately take over for Bane at 1-tech and sustain the interior lines rush defense.

5) Robert Nkemdiche - DT, Ole Miss
A documented risk, but its not like Carroll and Co. haven't taken these types of challenges before (see Irvin, Bruce & Clark, Frank) If the coaches are as desperate for interior pass rush as I suspect, NKemdiche would be hard to pass up here.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Nkemdiche iis a totally different challenge to Irvin and Clark.

Clark -- one isolated incident that the FO can look into and research.

Irvin -- used football to turn his life around, had zero character issues during his time in the JUCO's then West Virginia.

Nkemdiche -- a documented history of drugs and violence that remains unaddressed and is still being denied. He and his brother are a menace to each other and it's not likely they'll end their relationship (they're brothers).

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1) Germaine Ifedi - could start at LG or RT right away and immediately make our line a lot better.

2) Andrew Billings - potential to become a real monster DT, would give our defensive line a nice boost.

3) Jason Spriggs - a little lower on the list because I see him ideally at LT and that's not our worst position right now but if he's still available I wouldn't mind him figuring into the LT competition right away or play RT firat becauae this guy checks all the boxes.

4) Ryan Kelly - might be a bit too high to take a center but he's not someone you can get every year. Would be a very good opportunity to get our center for the next 10 years and drastically improve our O line.

5) Josh Doctson - receiver isn't our biggest need but this guy is amazing. Great route runner, really good hands and just a typical WR1 type player. If there is no option for Dline or Oline here they should go BPA and in my eyes it's Doctson.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Overseasfan":7o75l8tf said:
1) Germaine Ifedi - could start at LG or RT right away and immediately make our line a lot better.

id be ok with ifedi... would be an immediate BEAST at LG, maybe become an eventual LT

Davidess

Reaction score
My top 5 are as listed

1. Ryan Kelly-I would love to have a solid center there. Sucks because since the "broad jump measurables" Came out and basically took him off the list its looking less likely. but who knows at this point.

2. Jonathan Bullard- This draft is deep at OG and could mean the hawks go another route and go with DT/DE from Florida. I wouldn't be upset at all.

3. Ezekiel Elliot- I know its highly unlikely..HIGHLY..but I still wouldn't mind if he slid down if we picked him up. Next years RB class is going to be deep with BIG talent but if Elliot is there why wouldn't you take him?

4. Robert Nkemdiche- I would not be apposed to the hawks selecting him at 26 but I honestly think they would be able to slide back and still get him. You can bring up his past but we've picked players similar to this. JR Sweezy being one. Hawks will do their research.

5. Sheldon Rankins- I like Bullard a bit better but yes id take Rankins if he fell there. theres a small chance that happens but not likely.

What I don't want to see is any LBs, CBs, Safeties, or Spriggs haha. I am not a fan of his tape at all and while he is super athletic, his in game strength is very weak and id prefer to not waste a 1st round pick on him.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Pretty simple for me.

1. Shon Coleman - Tackle is a need on this team and it's not likely the tackle depth will be this good this late in the draft for several years. Coleman would start immediately at RT and possibly could beat out Gilliam for LT.

2. Jason Spriggs - Looks to be one of the most athletic lineman in the draft.

3. Germain Ifedi - Again we need a tackle and the options won't be this good for years. Don't fight it just grab a tackle and solidify the OL.

4. Jonathon Bullard - If we aren't grabbing a tackle, interior DL help is the next best choice. Bullard was always in the backfield and always tackles a guy once he's there.

5. Ezekiel Elliott - Won't last this long but if he did you'd have to grab him.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Davidess":39j4k0gh said:
3. Ezekiel Elliot- I know its highly unlikely..HIGHLY..but I still wouldn't mind if he slid down if we picked him up. Next years RB class is going to be deep with BIG talent but if Elliot is there why wouldn't you take him?

oh, do you mean like this big? [youtube]hiNV7K9nozs[/youtube]

/derails own thread

Davidess

Reaction score
Not only Fournette but you have Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, McCaffery, and Corey Clement

penihawk

Reaction score
1) Sheldon Rankins DT
2) Ryan Kelly C
3) Jack Conklin OT
4) William Jackson III CB
5) Andrew Billings DT
6) Trade Back

titan3131

Reaction score
Sheldon rankins
Andrew billings
Jack Conklin
Trade down
Trade down

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Conklin
Billings
Coleman
Rankins
Kelly

I think Conklin/Billings and Kelly could be special players at their position.

Rankins, I believe Seattle is high on and deems R1 worthy. I like, don't love him.

Coleman I think is a quality LT/RT prospect. Need meets talent. Don't think he's in Conklin's class as of draft day. But could envision him being a better pro. Everyone gets better when they get to the pros. But that improvement isn't linear and doesn't have the same ceiling.

kearly

Reaction score
1. Leonard Floyd - He's over-rated but so is every other pass rusher this year. Floyd brings the kind of tools and innate talents that would make him a good succession plan for Cliff Avril if everything works out.

2. Germain Ifedi - Feels very safe as a powerful LG with upper tier size + athleticism. Would do no worse at RT than several past Seahawks RTs have. Probably not a LT but that's fine.

||Trade Down ||

3. Le'Raven Clark - I think he goes in the top 50 picks, and he might sneak into round 1. 36" arms with that kind of power and foot speed is not something you see every day.

4. Andrew Billings - Of all the players who are left and who are realistic, Billings is the safest of a dicey group. Billings has a top heavy build who prefers to take guards and centers on directly rather than shoot gaps. He's very good at using his immense upper body strength to collapse the pocket, but otherwise he has his struggles, particularly against double teams in the run game. I'm not sure if he's stout enough at NT for Pete, but then again I think Pete will like Billings' unique tools and upside.

5. Jonathan Bullard - Feels a bit like fool's gold since he can't do much other than guess snap counts and jump B gaps. But you have to respect his passion for the game and his effort. Great athlete too. I think PC/JS are in love. Personally, I'm very cautious about Bullard.

(Players I like but left off because I don't think they are realistic for Seattle: Jack Conklin, Shon Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah, Darron Lee, Ryan Kelly)

McGruff

Reaction score
1. Jack Conklin (I can dream)
2. Leonard Floyd
3. Jonathan Bullard
4. Josh Doctson
5. Germaine Ifedi

Derrick Henry is just on the outside looking in.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm starting to become all about the DTs in the late first, as I think there's some really nice oline guys to be had late 2 -late 4.

Though I think you'd be safe plugging and playing Ifedi, Decker, Whitehair, Coleman and Kelly - the bigtime talent and upside lies with the DTs at that point.

Billings, A'Shawn (especially the 2013 tape), V Butler, Nkemdiche all have tantalizing potential and could be bigtime if coached properly, and the Hawks tend to do a great job of coaching the dline. There lies the potential to get a monster on the dline if you develop the guy properly. Doug Farrar's writeups for SI have me loving Billings,A'Shawn and V Butler.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
1. Ryan kelly
2. William Jackson III
3. Ifedi
4. Best remaining o lineman
5. Gotta throw zeke elliot in here. Would be number one if it were possible.
6. Going to throw this out because I haven't heard anyone else and would be cool. Trade up to get tunsil or Ronnie stanley.

cover-2

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":f25jidso said:
Overseasfan":f25jidso said:

id be ok with ifedi... would be an immediate BEAST at LG, maybe become an eventual LT

I'm like Ifedi, but in one game ( I admittedly partially watched) he did kick inside to LG for a few snaps and struggled. So its not a given that if he doesn't work out at LT or RT that he will succeed at OG. He is a big man that is agile, light on his feet, with long arms, and immense upside...I would be intrigued to see if Cable could get him playing to his unlimited potential.

cover-2

Reaction score
For me here are my guys in order...

1. (DT) Vernon Butler 6-4 323 lbs, Louisiana Tech: Coach Carroll likes big run stopping DT's even the 3-tech, so Butler has the perfect combination of size and athleticism for Carroll. Butler has incredible upside to be the next Dontari Poe or Mohamed Wilkerson. The dude has 35 inch arm length, which will help him keep those short armed OG's away from him. The big dancing bear, for me, has the most upside of the DT's in this draft.

[youtube]aQF6W0xptYo[/youtube]

2. (WR) Josh Doctson 6-2 202 lbs, TCU: Great athlete, with height, and elite ability to highpoint the ball. The tandom of Doctson and Lockett could be the best young explosive WR duo in the NFL.

3. (OT) Germain Ifedi 6-6 324 lbs, Texas A&M: Big, long arms, and a dancing bear. He has immense upside and if he can take to coaching and apply it to Sunday's he will be a steal!

4. (DT) Jarran Reed 6-3 307 lbs, Alabama: Reed is the best run stopping DT in this draft and that is coach Carroll's #1 attribute from his DT's. Reed may not be a Pro Bowl player, but he will be a 10+ year player in the NFL. Reed is like stone wall in the middle of the defense and will make others around him better. He will eat double-teams freeing up LB's and DE's to make plays. Reed is a Full Grown Man!
jarran-reed.jpg

5. (QB) Paxton Lynch 6-7 244 lbs, Memphis: If Lynch were to fall to #26 the Seahawks could be in a position to get a king's ransom from another team trying to get their franchise QB. Maybe we get the Browns 2nd round pick in 2016 and their 1st in 2017 for our #26 so they can get Lynch. Image if the Browns having another horrible season which would give us a top-5 pick in 2017...Hello DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M), or RB Leonard Fournette (LSU),

or LT Cam Robinson (Alabama)...
th

or (DT) Malik McDowell Michigan St...
th

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
1 - Nick Martin, C
Would probably be seen as a reach, but I feel like Martin will be a really good player. Wouldn't mind us selecting him in the 1st to get that extra year on his contract... but understand those who think he'd be there in the 2nd too.

2 - Ryan Kelly, C
Basically would be thrilled with either Martin or Kelly.

3 - Germain Ifedi, OT
Immense potential, there would probably be some growing pains early on.. but it could pay off in a big way down the road.

4 - Emmanuel Ogbah, DE
Athletic freak with a lot of potential, could be a downright frightening pass rusher in our defense.

5 - Jason Spriggs, OT
Perfect fit for the ZBS, he doesn't have the ceiling of Ifedi, but he would bring stability to our OL immediately and again as mentioned before.. don't mind a slight reach at 26 on OL to get that 5th year.