Kyler Fackrell, LB Utah State

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]004nrP3sVuo[/youtube]

I like Fackrell, though maybe not for the same reasons that others do.

IMO, I don't see Fackrell as a viable NFL pass rusher. He's not as explosive on the field as his combine numbers indicate, and his overall field speed is pretty average. He's good at disengaging from a block to make a tackle but not so good at blowing by a blocker to get to the QB.

That plus the production just isn't there. He's only managed 13 sacks over 41 games despite playing against low level competition almost every week. I'm not buying the Connor Barwin comps (and Barwin is over-rated anyway).

That said, I do think Fackrell could hold serious interest to Seattle as a KJ Wright type of LB. Fackrell is strong at the point of attack and good at shedding blocks for tackles. He's tall and has length. He's "fast" and jumps high for a person of his height. But more important that all of that, Fackrell is just a really smart player who seems to always make the right decisions. Fackrell's smarts, tools and size all compare very similarly to KJ Wright.

In short I think he's a player Seattle will like very much, but then again, Seattle didn't take KJ Wright until round 4 back in the 2011 draft, and even if Seattle liked Fackrell, do they want another KJ Wright in the LB corps or do they want someone with the kind of pure speed that Irvin, Pinkins, and Mike Morgan possess?

I can't answer those questions, but I do think Fackrell is a name to remember on draft day, just in case.

McGruff

Reaction score
I saw the same things watching some of his tape last weak. He's not an NFL pass rusher IMO, but he does have the skills to be a 3 down OLB. He's got good instincts both moving forward and dropping in coverage.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He's one of those guys who I'd like to have on our team. I wouldn't be ecstasic but he'd definitely provide plenty of upside. Although I'm afraid he'll be picked before we'd start considering him.