Late round DB or WR to CB conversion projects

fav13259

Reaction score
Who do you guys see as potential candidates for the LOB? I know they have to meet certain criteria (SPARQ, arm length, etc.) un ordene to be considered by PC & JS, but who are the late round CB and/or WR to CB conversion candidates that could be great fit here.

McGruff

Reaction score
Jay Lee and Ricardo Louis. Seawks have looked at both and both are WRS with size and length who struggle to catch the ball.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't know if either of these guys are considered late enough for what you're looking for but I really hope we grab one or both of these guys.

Justin Simmons, Boston College, FS, Projected 5th/6th round
Simmons is one of the highest SPARQ safeties at a score of 96.2 and with good length (6'2", 32 5/8" arms). He has a knack for getting turnovers (both interceptions and fumbles). He's a natural leader and he is emotional and puts out good effort on the field. He needs some work on tackling and angles and I wish he would play with a little more physicality when he hits often choosing just to wrap up and drag down ball carriers, he seems reluctant to really bring the hammer when tackling. I see him as a good backup to Earl and an asset in special teams (he played well at gunner at BC).
[youtube]V08z_iotr0I[/youtube]

TJ Green, Clemson, DB, Projected 4th round (Maybe not for long, he's rising quickly)

Green is a WR convert that has good length (6'2", 32" arms) and outstanding straight line speed (4.34). He put up the fastest official time (electronic) for a safety in combine history. He is coming out early and is young (turned 21 in March) which is something Pete and John tend to covet. He's currently the 4th ranked safety in SPARQ with a 77.4 score. Green plays with a lot of passion and is very physical on the field, often hitting ball carriers with bad intentions. He shows the ability to cover when matched up 1 on 1 with a WR and he also shows ability to be a force against the run. I see Green as an all around DB in Seattle defense much like DeShawn Shead. Green can play both safety positions, his primary role being FS in college, but I believe he may really shine as a CB with his length and speed. He'd be a great pickup as all around depth with the possibility of catching on at CB or SS if one of those opens up in the near future. He also returns kicks and would be an asset in special teams. Green is young in age and to the position. He'll need some coaching and polish and needs to go to a team where he can learn for a year or two before really being ready to take on a starting role. Seattle would be a perfect landing spot for him to realize his potential in my opinion.
[youtube]c39yNQ2UEdo[/youtube]

I also really like Deiondre Hall out of Northern Iowa and James Bradberry out of Samford as late round CB's that fit our mold. Hall is listed at 199 but the guy looks incredibly skinny making me wonder if he could play defense in the NFL without being injury prone. Hall's nearly 35" arms are insane though and give him a ton of length to defend passes with. Bradberry is an outstanding small school prospect with great size/speed combo. Bradberry's downfall is just the level of competition he played against. More polished receivers were able to work him a bit in the senior bowl but that's all coach-able, he's got all the raw ability. Both guys are projected to go in the 5th or later at the moment.