Most over-rated prospect in the 2016 draft

kearly

Reaction score
By over-rated, this could mean at .net, or in the media at large, or based on leaks from NFL team's draft boards. However you choose to define it.

For me, I'll say Chris Jones. Yeah, his 40 yard dash was one of the most surreal and hilarious moments in Live TV history, but even that is probably less inexplicable than him suddenly being a potential 1st round draft pick. His combine was roughly round 2 quality, but his tape is UDFA level. This is the type of player you can find on day three in EVERY draft. I just don't get it.

Now watch Seattle go draft him at #26.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
First one who comes to mind when I think of this topic is Will Fuller. He is very limited and will only fit specific roles. Something like a 3rd-4th rounder would be a realistic value for him but he's projected as going at the back end of the first.

penihawk

Reaction score
He has the physical traits I could see us falling in love with but the tape and production doesn't get ya past the physical traits. Unfortunately I bet the FO sees more there than we do.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Derrick Henry by virtue of him getting 1st round hype.

titan3131

Reaction score
Both the Alabama defensive tackles are bad athletes and not that special.

Also the Clemson defensive duo are both super over rated imo

chris98251

Reaction score
All Players with QB after their name that are taken in the first round this year, everyone says they are not elite but they will be taken in round run and get elite contracts.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
A'Shawn Robinson is horribly miscast as an athlete with untapped potential. His combine profile and tape -- both below average.

Ryan Kelly -- for some reason has become a draft favourite. He's pretty good but Nick Martin is the better player IMO.

Chris Jones -- a bonehead

cover-2

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2q3k4ul1 said:
A'Shawn Robinson is horribly miscast as an athlete with untapped potential. His combine profile and tape -- both below average.

Totally agree. Physically he looks the part...the "first guy off the bus" kind of look. But, there are a fair amount of other DT's that are more intriguing than him later in the draft.