.NET Combine.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Some of us pick these NFL prospects apart like amateur pathologists.

So, in the spirit of Rich Eisen running his annual glacier chase at the combine, lets have your pertinent NFL type stats.

If you want to supply just the basics, age, height and weight, that's fine. If you want to add hand size, wingspan, go for it. More details? supply your vertical and your 40 time. How many reps at 225. 225 to much? give your reps at a more reasonable weight, whatever you want. Hell, if you want to do 3 cones and short shuttles, be my guest.

Don't hurt yourselves. There is no draft to go with this.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'll start.
44 YO
5"11 1/2
176 lbs.
74.5 wingspan
9 7/8 hands
225 - 6 reps

I'll update when I run a 40 and do a vert. I suspect my vert will be very diminished from years past. I can barely touch the rim playing B-ball nowadays.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Scottemojo":qba32twr said:
Some of us pick these NFL prospects apart like amateur pathologists.

So, in the spirit of Rich Eisen running his annual glacier chase at the combine, lets have your pertinent NFL type stats.

If you want to supply just the basics, age, height and weight, that's fine. If you want to add hand size, wingspan, go for it. More details? supply your vertical and your 40 time. How many reps at 225. 225 to much? give your reps at a more reasonable weight, whatever you want. Hell, if you want to do 3 cones and short shuttles, be my guest.

Don't hurt yourselves. There is no draft to go with this.

27 Years Old

Height - 5'11
Weight - 185 LBS

Arm Length - Not entirely sure but they are short as hell for my height, t-rex arms
Hand Size - 8 7/8

225 - 12 Reps

I haven't run a 40 since high school 9 years ago or done the vertical, but I am in better shape now than I was then. But, then it was a 4.65 40 and 32 inch vertical. Have no clue on cones or shuttle, maybe I will try and set that up out of curiosity.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Haha, great idea.

I've always wondered exactly how the arm and hand are measured. This thread prompted me to finally look it up. These are from topendsports.com:

Arm Measurement Standard
procedure: The subject stands with the arms hanging loosely by the side of the body, fingers outstretched. A measurement is made from the acromiale (lateral edge of the acromion process, e.g. bony tip of shoulder) to the tip of the little finger. Measurement is made on the right side, following the anthropometric standard, though a measurement of either side would be assumed to be the same in most cases.

Hand Measurement Standard
procedure: The hand is placed palm down on a flat surface. The fingers are outstretched as far as possible. Measure the linear distance between the outside of the thumb to the outside of the little finger.

Also, I can't wait to calculate my TEF! :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
Height: 6' 1 1/2"
Weight: I can almost put a beer can on it.
Arms: Not very long
Hands: Burger King
225: Yes, but not in a long time.
40: Fastest in high school was 5.6
Vert: Best in high school was 20"

Competitiveness / Effort level:

[youtube]IvIowJgfBlw[/youtube]

NFL Comparison: Rob Rang, Doug Farrar

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Quarterback here.

41 years old
6'3", 282. About 65 pounds over my playing weight.
Can spin the ball with the best of them.
Slower then a glacier (even in my playing days when i was in good shape).
Put me behind a solid o'line and i'll pick a D apart. Put me behind Seattle's o'line and i'll be dead by the 2nd play.
Possible Tom Cable conversion project
9 inch di... well... nevemind.

Player comparison: Jared Lorenzen

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I wondered how long before the first measurement joke. J, just so you know, not much grows in the shade.

I didn't run a 40 yesterday, but I did run the inside track at school. 140 yards in 17.5 seconds. Not bad with 4 corners. I did measure my vert, which sadly was only 28 inches. Not much hops left in these 44 year old legs. (at my best 20 plus years ago my vertical was mid 30's, but I was only about 150 pounds back then too)

Ozzy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":8djfqi06 said:
Quarterback here.

41 years old
6'3", 282. About 65 pounds over my playing weight.
Can spin the ball with the best of them.
Slower then a glacier (even in my playing days when i was in good shape).
Put me behind a solid o'line and i'll pick a D apart. Put me behind Seattle's o'line and i'll be dead by the 2nd play.
Possible Tom Cable conversion project
9 inch di... well... nevemind.

Player comparison: Jared Lorenzen

This had me laughing, good post lol.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ha ha. Hilarious thread idea. Probably intended to be somewhat serious, but inevitably funny.

Age: I'm closer to 60 than 30. Age and treachery always defeats youth and skill.
Height: Vertically challenged
Weight: Misleading due to "implants" strategically placed in my mid-section to put me at a further advantage against any possible over-confident attacker.
40 time: Depends on who is chasing me

I can make most of the throws with reasonable accuracy and with enough zip to not get picked. I've been "drafted" many a day and night to be the QB for my boys running the route tree (or looking to pick me off at DB) and neighborhood kids playing pickup games in need of a full time QB. I am a Martial Artist (that's my job.) I could probably teach lineman some great hand arts and counter moves that would serve to improve their game. My boys (various ages) delight in out-lifting me. They've taken it to another level. I can just root for them in admiration. But, they know my capabilities and maintain a healthy fear of old Dad.

So, my Combine results would more qualify me for possible coaching rather than playing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
- 59 years old
- 6'6" tall
- 255 lbs.
- 80" wingspan
- 36" arms
- 10" hands
- 225 reps - no clue, but not many......long arms don't do many bench reps
- 40 time - no clue (guaranteed glacially slow though......speed was poor when I was young, let alone now)
- Vertical - no clue but I could really jump as a young man........2 handed standing dunks were no problemo and 180 degree spinning dunks were even easier.

titan3131

Reaction score
- 26 years old
- 6'1.5" tall
- 234 lbs.
- 76" wingspan
- 33.5" arms
- 9.5" hands
- 225 reps - 5 REPS long arms don't do many bench reps, 495 deadlift, 405lb squat
- 40 time - 5..07 based off my mcalculations
- Vertical - 25"

Think my son might make a good Strong safety.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
54 years old
- 5'6" tall
- 148 lbs.
- 62" wingspan
- 25" arms
- 6.5" hands
- 225 reps - none
- 40 time - 4 mins
- Vertical - Can jump off a tree trunk with the best of them...if I have the right shoes and dont fall down hard.

Yup...I qualify as the waterboy.
Edited for wingspan......not 72 inches.....I may qualify as an air inflation technician now.