German WR prospect Moritz Boehringer to visit Seahawks

kearly

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... t-seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks are taking a look at a player who has been called the most athletic wide receiver in this year's draft class.

Moritz Boehringer (6-foot-4, 227 pounds) will have an official visit to Seattle, according to NFL.com. He has been clocked at between 4.38 and 4.45 seconds in the 40. To put that into perspective, only four receivers in the past five years have had Boehringer's height/speed combination: Martavis Bryant, Justin Hunter, Tommy Streeter and Stephen Hill.

According to Zach Whitman's SPARQ rankings, Boehringer is the most athletic receiver in this year's class.

But there is a catch. He has not played a snap of college football in the United States. Boehringer is attempting to make the jump from the German Football League to the NFL.

Probably worth remembering this guy's name in round 6 or 7.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Titan3131 graciously posted this in the main thread on Mo. I didn't want to see it get lost in the shuffle though, so thought that I'd post this here. For those who haven't seen this yet, here is a 13 minute interview with Moritz "Mo" Boehringer on Move the Sticks. It's a must watch, as this is such a cool story. I'm going to post the link this way, as the normal Youtube imbed doesn't work -- you've got to click on the link to view ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJQFY9E0urc&feature=player_embedded

Regardless of who he ends up going to, this is a young man I'm going to be rooting for.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I just thought the visit was worth its own thread, especially since the original thread didn't mention Boehringer's name in the title and could be missed.

If the mods want to lock this I'm fine with that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I was just messing with you....I think the white randy moss needs lots of threads. Its a cool story for sure.