Rams just traded with Titans for #1 overall

McGruff

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":wu2akzvc said:
On NFL Network now... breaking news. They gave up A LOT. THAT, I like.

I hope this is true, and that's it is for one of these mediocre over hyped QB prospects.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":rq2u6f41 said:
McGruff":rq2u6f41 said:
TeamoftheCentury":rq2u6f41 said:
On NFL Network now... breaking news. They gave up A LOT. THAT, I like.

I hope this is true, and that's it is for one of these mediocre over hyped QB prospects.
I know. Me, too. :lol:
Giving the Rams some credit here, I've got to believe they knew something about Cleveland's direction. I'm not as down on the QB's. But, NOT for as much as they gave up to get him. Meanwhile, the Titans are in a great position with multiple high draft picks. We'll see what they do with those picks, though.

McGruff

Reaction score
It's a huge move from 15 to 1, and while it was expensive, the Titans didn't get as much as I thought they should

This year's 1st and both this year's 2nds, plus next year's 1st and third. That's a lot, but it's a huge drop.

But it does fit into the Schneider narrative of a larger middle class draft.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Titans receive:
1st - 15th overall
2nd - 43rd
2nd - 45th
3rd - 76th
1st - 2017
3rd - 2017

Rams receive:
1st overall 2016
4th - 113th
6th - 177th

Ozzy

Reaction score
Steal for the Titans and they need to rebuild to it makes a ton of sense. They might have Stanley or Conklin rated very close to Tunsil and if that's the case then you have to do it. This could set the Rams back for a decade if they don't hit on the QB.

McGruff

Reaction score
austinslater25":2j3xcwr5 said:
Steal for the Titans and they need to rebuild to it makes a ton of sense. They might have Stanley or Conklin rated very close to Tunsil and if that's the case then you have to do it. This could set the Rams back for a decade if they don't hit on the QB.

Problem is at 15, there's a darn good chance Conklin and Stanley are gone. This draft is really thin at the top,and I think the drop has taken them out of the elite talent and into the good category.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lots of reports saying the Rams made this move to take Carson Wentz.

That's a lot to give up for him. Good job Rams!

Ozzy

Reaction score
McGruff":vso2xx65 said:
austinslater25":vso2xx65 said:

Problem is at 15, there's a darn good chance Conklin and Stanley are gone. This draft is really thin at the top,and I think the drop has taken them out of the elite talent and into the good category.

Definitely possible. I guess it depends on how you view the QB's too. I personally can't get a feel on how I view them.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Man... I just never agree with deals like this. No matter what there is a certain amount of luck in the draft..and you give up 5 shots in the first 2 rounds to get 1..

BUT..thats 4 additional first and second round picks that a division rival that has given us fits doesnt have, and maybe they will spend the next 2 to 3 years spinning their wheels on a rookie QB that doesnt pan out.

I am choosing for now to take that view..the extreme opposite was that the Rams just ensured they get the one piece they needed to put them on top. But psssh. No.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":g0jre5ud said:
Titans receive:
1st - 15th overall
2nd - 43rd
2nd - 45th
3rd - 76th
1st - 2017
3rd - 2017

Rams receive:
1st overall 2016
4th - 113th
6th - 177th

wow, titans possibly with the heist of the decade. its atleast close to what the rams did to the skins in the 2012 draft:

Redskins receive:
2012 first-rounder (No. 2: QB Robert Griffin III)

Rams receive:
2012 first-rounder
2012 second-rounder
2013 first-rounder
2014 first-rounder

good job titans :p, looks like your gm found a sucker for the "kings ransom" after all

McGruff

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":crcak0fz said:
TeamoftheCentury":crcak0fz said:
Titans receive:
1st - 15th overall
2nd - 43rd
2nd - 45th
3rd - 76th
1st - 2017
3rd - 2017

Rams receive:
1st overall 2016
4th - 113th
6th - 177th

wow, titans possibly with the heist of the decade. its atleast close to what the rams did to the skins in the 2012 draft:

Redskins receive:
2012 first-rounder (No. 2: QB Robert Griffin III)

Rams receive:
2012 first-rounder
2012 second-rounder
2013 first-rounder
2014 first-rounder

good job titans :p, looks like your gm found a sucker for the "kings ransom" after all

That's why I am thinking that as much as the Titans got it wasn't enough. The Rams got more for moving down 4 spots than the Titans got for moving down 15. 15 is a long fall.

I think this is going to be one of those trades that is bad for both teams.

randomation

Reaction score
Please be Goff I wanted to actually cheer for Wentz on the Browns :(

Also I actually think the Titans got a ton, Having two more second rounders in this years draft and a third will let them move back up if someone they like falls present picks are almost always considered worth more than future and two seconds is huge.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":19d6prbg said:
austinslater25":19d6prbg said:

I don't really see the extreme drop off. I actually think this is a very strong draft. You may not get a guy who is thought to be an elite player going into the draft. But, if you're wise with you you take, you can still get a very good player that is going to contribute to your team. Plus, you're giving your team several chances at finding one of those guys. I think the first two rounds this year are strong. There could even be some really good players to be had in the 3rd.

If you're talking about elite level talent, there's only a handful or so in most drafts anyway. But, going into the draft it's thought all those reside at the top. Think back to when the Hawks drafted Curry at the top of the first round (4th overall) and - later in the same draft - the Packers drafted Clay Matthews (26th overall). Hindsight is always 20/20, but imagine if they would have drafted a "football player" rather than a hype "prospect"?

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Mayock is making a good point that the Titans could go back up inbetween 15 and 1 to get a Tackle and wouldn't cost them that much.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm from North Dakota and my son goes to the same high school Carson Wentz did so this sucks for me. I want him to go to the AFC so I can root for him. No idea if he'll turn into something or fizzle out but you'll never find a higher character individual.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
endzorn":187u9mf1 said:
I'm from North Dakota and my son goes to the same high school Carson Wentz did so this sucks for me. I want him to go to the AFC so I can root for him. No idea if he'll turn into something or fizzle out but you'll never find a higher character individual.
Yeah, I've got connections to two former overall #1 pick QB's. I absolutely couldn't root for one of them while he was with a certain team. But, he was a nice kid.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/720629067863691265[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/720626177254162432[/tweet]