Rumor: Treadwell dropping like a rock?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah and some other "draftniks" are saying there is chatter Laquon Treadwell may fall as far as the 2nd round due to concerns about his 40 time.

Lets say he fell to 26, even though WR is not a real need.. would you take him? I see a lot of Allen Robinson in Treadwell, and Robinson was my favorite player in the draft a couple years ago (and I'm still heartbroken that we didn't draft him)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/721204331270148096[/tweet]

pcbball12

Reaction score
It would be a long, hard consideration for sure. I imagine he would be high on the hawks board. Overcame a bad knee injury and still had a great year last year. Physical player that goes up and gets the ball well. A tenacious blocker as well. The kind of guy that would be a great fit here and provide something we don't have. I also like Doctson better, but I really think he is long gone by 26. If not Detroit I can't see him getting past Cinci.

kearly

Reaction score
I never understood the first round hype personally. 2nd round sounds exactly right to me.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2sy80y0w said:
I never understood the first round hype personally. 2nd round sounds exactly right to me.

Curious why you have him as a 2nd rounder.

cheese22

Reaction score
Fortunately the Patriots don't have a first because they'd probably take him and make every other team look foolish for passing on him. Other than his 40 time, everything else about him is elite level. What's most impressive are his hands and his elusiveness after the catch. If he's on the board, I don't know how we could not pick him. It's only possible because of the depth of linemen on both sides of the los.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He's a great prospect but without elite speed it's almost impossible to develop into a true WR1 and that's what teams are looking for if they draft a WR in the first. So it's not really a surprise.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3cwqi5u7 said:
He's a great prospect but without elite speed it's almost impossible to develop into a true WR1 and that's what teams are looking for if they draft a WR in the first. So it's not really a surprise.

He ran the same 40 time as Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins.

40 time isn't a big deal when you can beat man coverage consistently, and Treadwell does just that.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think Treadwell falls into the 'Player you love the Hawks won't draft" thread. I like Doctson much better but Treadwell should be pretty good in the pro game imo.

cheese22

Reaction score
We have good deep threats already. Once Graham gets healthy, he and Treadwell form a pretty sweet red-zone tandem. There's plenty of time to address the lines with our next three picks. Plus, some of these late round flyers look very promising.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Man, I don't know. Rumors are started sometimes to maybe try to see if they can get a player to drop. This is the time of year you have to sift through all the "reports" and decide what you believe. I almost want to call BS on this one. I can't imagine Treadwell dropping. If he's there when the Hawks pick, it would depend on who else may still be available. But, it would be tough to pass on Treadwell.

xgeoff

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3hq4u3cs said:
Jarvis Landry ran slow and I would love to have him.

Yeah, wow! Landry's speed was horrendous and yet he's incredibly productive, and returns kicks. He really gives measurables a kick in the teeth.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qt1sd0no said:
kearly":qt1sd0no said:

Curious why you have him as a 2nd rounder.

He's a poor man's Alshon Jeffery. Jeffery was a 2nd round pick. Plenty of good WRs come out of the 2nd and 3rd round these days, so it's hardly a slap in the face to say he isn't a 1st rounder.

kearly

Reaction score
Landry was a very special receiver in college. I liked Landry even more than his teammate OBJ. If there was a receiver I would overlook speed for, it was that guy. He was simply the most polished receiver I've ever seen in college. I am a huge sucker for polished WRs.

Granted, Landry is as pure of a possession WR as they come. His NFL career YPC is only 9.9 and of his 194 career receptions only 9 of them were touchdowns. He's basically a late-career Bobby Engram right out of the box.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Green Bay has made it's roster with 2nd round WR picks.

I could see them or KC taking him if he goes that far. Lean WR draft. No telling how far guys will drop. Should be productive as a pro.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":18af59mc said:
I am a huge sucker for polished WRs.

RIght there with you. Outside of QB, I think it's the most technically demanding position on the field.

I just love WR prospects with skill. Agility to cut and redirect without losing speed. Ability to catch. Ability to instantly recognize how to approach a catch. Ability to fight for the ball. Ability to set up CBs for future separation. If I could, I'd have a team with 4 guys who have crazy WR ability with average athleticism and size.

If I could have a corps of Engram, Largent, Edelman/Welker and Lockett/Landry -- I'd take that all day long. Skills > athleticism at the WR position as far as I'm concerned.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd love to have Treadwell straight line speed just isn't everything numerous examples of this in the NFL. I'd be shocked if they pulled the trigger on him though.