Lets be honest,,,, we're probably trading down

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I absolutely love all this should we take X or would you be interested in Y. But if we've learned anything, we're probably gonna move the pick. JS loves him draft picks and dropping to the top of the second would net another 3rd or 4th rounder....

DJrmb

Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that John Schneider wants to trade down and rack up some more picks after his comments about this being one of the best drafts they've seen since 2010. However, it takes two to tango. This draft is deep in the middle rounds but their isn't a lot of elite level talent at the top and it's going to be difficult in my opinion to find a trade partner that wants to give up anything significant to move up into the lower 1st round.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DJrmb":1e3ppb6c said:
There's no doubt in my mind that John Schneider wants to trade down and rack up some more picks after his comments about this being one of the best drafts they've seen since 2010. However, it takes two to tango. This draft is deep in the middle rounds but their isn't a lot of elite level talent at the top and it's going to be difficult in my opinion to find a trade partner that wants to give up anything significant to move up into the lower 1st round.

Very true, one position to watch imo is WR.

Ive seen Treadwell then Fuller, Doctson and Coleman in any order. A team at the top of the second that needs a WR (Tennessee) could want to ensure they get one of them.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I don't think trading down is a priority with this draft. We have something like the 3rd or 4th most picks in the draft. He has the draft capitol he needs to move around in the later rounds already.

kearly

Reaction score
I think they will definitely add another pick or two, their current total is slightly below their draft pick average and JS has said that the number of draftable players available this year is massive.

The will have plenty of chances to trade down throughout the draft but #26 does feel like the most obvious place to do it.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Another player to keep an eye on imo besides the WRs is Paxton Lynch, the unanimous third qb off the board. KC Arizona and Denver are behind us and all need a qb to some degree. One of them could trade up, or someone from the early second (cleveland if they dont go qb with the 2nd pick) could want to jump those 3.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3aij2afe said:
Another player to keep an eye on imo besides the WRs is Paxton Lynch, the unanimous third qb off the board. KC Arizona and Denver are behind us and all need a qb to some degree. One of them could trade up, or someone from the early second (cleveland if they dont go qb with the 2nd pick) could want to jump those 3.

LOL like 5 minutes later, the browns just traded the number 2 pick to philly. Lynch to the Browns is in play! Browns have plenty of capital to move up to 26 from 2 in the 2nd.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Clearly JS now has more candidates to trade down with to re-position the team's initial pick in this draft. I'd be surprised if they don't now trade back to the early 2nd to take their DLineman or OLineman if they can convince one of the draft pick rich teams to move up.

I'll certainly be interested in seeing if this in fact happens again this draft.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
randomation":wljh1ujy said:
But but I want to move up for Tunsil somehow :(

Obviously tongue in cheek, but looking at what philly just gave up to get from 8 to 2. 2 firsts, a 2nd, 3rd and a 4th.

We would have to give up probably 3 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd. plus like two 5ths. Honestly it would be much easier to trade a first and 4th to cleveland for Joe Thomas.

penihawk

Reaction score
I would take Joe Thomas for 26 but throwing in the 4th mite be a bit steep for a player that will be 32 in December. How many more continuous starts at an all-pro level can he make is the million dollar question?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Danny Oneil would disagree. He's making there round 1 pick and why they will keep it the main topic of the show Thursday,

Largent80

Reaction score
To me it seems obvious we are trading down. Just wondering what we get for #26 and if we package another one of our picks with it.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":2wccv8qv said:
To me it seems obvious we are trading down. Just wondering what we get for #26 and if we package another one of our picks with it.

Yeah im in the same boat with you. I spelled out two possible sources of the trade down. But honestly who knows whats going to happen. But we do know for a fact that JS loves him some draft capital. And if this draft is as deep as everyone says it is then lets go!

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Nothing surprises me about Seahawk's drafts anymore, although it would feel totally weird f we made no trades at all.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I hope we trade down unless we can get Conklin (which I'm sure we won't).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I disagree. I think they want that 5th year on a contract for a LT or stud DT.

Unless they get a really good offer to trade back, I think they're staying at 26 this year.