Eagles just traded up for the number 2 pick.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Eagles get the number 2 pick plus a 4th rd next year

Cleveland gets number 8, 3rd and 4th rd this year, next years 1 and a 2nd the following year.

All that for Carson Wentz????

JSeahawks

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1r5wnoao said:

Cleveland gets number 8, 3rd and 4th rd this year, next years 1 and a 2nd the following year.

Neither wentz or goff are going to be worth anything near what's being given up for them, IMO.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Good for Cleveland... in a sense. They gotta do something with those picks. I'd like to see Ezekiel Elliott in Cleveland even if RB isn't there #1 need. Probably no chance of that happening now.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2tbyaetw said:
gowazzu02":2tbyaetw said:

Neither wentz or goff are going to be worth anything near what's being given up for them, IMO.
You don't think so? I think if either team that drafts them sees marked improvement and it can be attributed to QB play, I would think you'd be hard pressed to find a talking head who thinks they gave up too much. They'll be talking about the bold move and how great it was and how to go get your guy in the draft. Lol It all depends on what happens. Then comes the spin.

I think it's too early to really say either way, but I think they are ballsy moves to get what their scouts have identified. I do like that the Rams had to part with several picks and happy for a friend who is a Browns fan to get more picks without moving down too far.

Is Philly definitely going QB, or are they getting ahead of Dallas for Ezekiel Elliott or some other prospect?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Interesting development.

If Cleveland is wanting Lynch, they can take him at #8 possibly.

But if they roll the dice some, there is a potential trade down partner for Seattle. Lynch would have to pass by Buffalo at 19. Should that happen, Seattle's pick at #26 becomes attractive to move down to #32. Because Denver at #31 is almost assuredly going to take him. Cleveland probably needs to move back into the later R1 in order to add Lynch.

With an additional 4th round pick this year, they have the selections necessary to easily move up. #32 and #100 for #26 is pretty standard and essentially the same as the Bridgewater trade for us in 2014.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3eupmwqq said:
Interesting development.

But if they roll the dice some, there is a potential trade down partner for Seattle. Lynch would have to pass by Buffalo at 19. Should that happen, Seattle's pick at #26 becomes attractive to move down to #32. Because Denver at #31 is almost assuredly going to take him. Cleveland probably needs to move back into the later R1 in order to add Lynch.

With an additional 4th round pick this year, they have the selections necessary to easily move up. #32 and #100 for #26 is pretty standard and essentially the same as the Bridgewater trade for us in 2014.
Good call. I'd love this trade.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":xd73wx0h said:
Interesting development.

I said the exact same thing in the "lets be honest we're trading down" thread.

These sell the farm trades never work out. Look at Atlanta who gave up a kings ransom to ironically Cleveland when they traded up for Julio Jones. Today they have one of the best WR's in the game, but their roster has no depth and has gaping holes all over the place. In the NFL you just cannot give up that much draft capital and be successful.

Erebus

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":qyu0ud9p said:
JSeahawks":qyu0ud9p said:
gowazzu02":qyu0ud9p said:

You don't think so? I think if either team that drafts them sees marked improvement and it can be attributed to QB play, I would think you'd be hard pressed to find a talking head who thinks they gave up too much. They'll be talking about the bold move and how great it was and how to go get your guy in the draft. Lol It all depends on what happens. Then comes the spin.

I think it's too early to really say either way, but I think they are ballsy moves to get what their scouts have identified. I do like that the Rams had to part with several picks and happy for a friend who is a Browns fan to get more picks without moving down too far.

Is Philly definitely going QB, or are they getting ahead of Dallas for Ezekiel Elliott or some other prospect?

There is no way they gave up that much to draft a RB, especially one that probably would've been available at #8 anyways. I think they are definitely going QB, but now I'm wondering what their plans are for Sam Bradford.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Erebus":zjago8xw said:
TeamoftheCentury":zjago8xw said:
JSeahawks":zjago8xw said:
gowazzu02":zjago8xw said:

There is no way they gave up that much to draft a RB, especially one that probably would've been available at #8 anyways. I think they are definitely going QB, but now I'm wondering what their plans are for Sam Bradford.

I saw a tweet, if they go into the year with bradford, daniel and the qb at number 2 picks money slot they have 54 million guaranteed to the qb room.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, interesting! Sure was an expensive move up for Philly

Eagles FO is really rolling the dice. Seems to me that Bradford and their expensive backup have now got 'for trade' signs on them for some QB hungry team.

The value given up by Philly should go a long way to helping Cleveland sort out many of their numerous positional issues.

Philly will still suck until they to sort out many positional problems.

Cleveland now has the genuine ability to really move around in the draft to take the players they want.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3gvgxm6c said:
Wow, interesting! Sure was an expensive move up for Philly

Eagles FO is really rolling the dice. Seems to me that Bradford and their expensive backup have now got 'for trade' signs on them for some QB hungry team.

The value given up by Philly should go a long way to helping Cleveland sort out many of their numerous positional issues.

Philly will still suck until they to sort out many positional problems.

Cleveland now has the genuine ability to really move around in the draft to take the players they want.

Yeah good for Cleveland, I know the running joke is they squandered a similar haul in the Julio Jones trade. But there is a new regime in town. If the owner stays out of it, lets the baseball analytics guys work, and give Hue Jackson atleast 4 years. They may finally have something.....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think they moved up for Ramsey to be honest. But we shall see.

Sac

Reaction score
If anything, this pretty much guarantees the Eagles will win the super bowl in the next five years, and the QB they select will be a hall of famer.

Not because of the genius of the move, but because the Browns are cursed. And, of course, the one time they pass on a QB with a top pick it'll work out for the team that took him and give Cleveland fans yet another reason to jump off a cliff.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x9os52m said:
I think they moved up for Ramsey to be honest. But we shall see.

Could very well be the case. I heard a quote from the eagles gm on the radio saying that they. Knew who they want at #2 will be there. Unless they know what the rams are doing that statement is false if they plan to take a qb.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Erebus":246c7su2 said:
TeamoftheCentury":246c7su2 said:
JSeahawks":246c7su2 said:
gowazzu02":246c7su2 said:

There is "no way" they gave up that much to draft a RB, especially one that probably would've been available at #8 anyways. I think they are definitely going QB, but now I'm wondering what their plans are for Sam Bradford.

Giphy
I totally understand how the RB has been devalued in the draft. So, in general and in more normal circumstances what you say... honestly man, it's beyond obvious. I did address the QB position first and also include "or for some other prospect (ie: Ramsey).

As far as the particular prospect (not just what teams are supposed to do because that's how it's done now)... just throwing it out there as a possibility since Dallas and Philly are both rumored to have strong interest in the RB. :Dunno: Just a general response soon after the trade was announced to address the assumptions about it being for the QB. Teams are not obligated to pass on a prospect. There are those that question the whole devaluing of the RB anyway. I'm not as down on drafting that position high... for the right player. Personally, I think Elliott is a FAR better prospect than either QB. I think he, Ramsey and Tunsil are the 3 best prospects in the draft (in no particular order.)

Elliott could easily be gone by #4. But, if he's available at 8, the Browns should take him. He's a special player that doesn't come around very often.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1y3k2qn3 said:
Roseman has said that a quarterback will be the pick at number 2 and that they're comfortable with both players.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nbc- ... 3-nfl.html
Sounds legit, then. I've been at work, so your post is the first I've heard that it's definitively for a QB. Makes sense, of course. But, I think it's a mistake unless perhaps there's a deal in place to draft a QB for another team.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Even if I was a GM for 100 years I would never trade up like that.

Trade back? Oh hell yeah. Trade up and lose a bunch of good draft picks? Nope, not gonna happen.