Is Tunsil, in reach ?

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
With the Rams and Eagles trades, and both projected to go QB, that only leaves the Chargers the most likely to select Tunsil before the Ravens pick at #6. If he slips to the Jags at #5, I think it would be viable to offer the Jags, ...#26...#56...
#124 and 2017 1st rounder, for #5 and #146 and we have a franchise LT .

Trade Values :

#5 = 1700 #146 = 32 .6 ...total 1732.6

#26 = 700

#56 = 340

#124 = 48

#25 = 720 ( all picks above #23 Jags favor next year ) Total... 1708

The one issue is Cap space. I believe at present to are around $6 mil in Cap space, but that is with Lynch's contract still counting, but when removed we get another $5 mil so Cap would be est. $ 11 mil. Judging from past rookie contracts that # 5 would be approx. 4 yrs/ $24 mil and I believe teams like having $5 mil for draft picks and UDFA.

I did a Fanspeak Premium (trades available) draft with this scenario and this is the trade I offered and was accepted by the Jags...but thought the picks above were more realistic.

Trade Partner...JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 26
ROUND: 2 PICK: 25
ROUND: 4 PICK: 26
FUTURE ROUND 1 PICK

RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 5
ROUND: 4 PICK: 5

Will JS pull the trigger , if Tunsil is still available at #5 ?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
But with what we're giving up, we'd be sacrificing an incredible amount of depth as well as the picks we need to reload the defensive line rotation. PC and JS think this is a deep draft, so I think they're gonna emphasize pick quantity.

OP
OP
CDN_C_Hawk

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2k9ainn3 said:
But with what we're giving up, we'd be sacrificing an incredible amount of depth as well as the picks we need to reload the defensive line rotation. PC and JS think this is a deep draft, so I think they're gonna emphasize pick quantity.

Quality plus Quantity are both important...and I'd think Tunsil fits Quality perfectly and it would still leave us, Quantity with 8 picks, and 5 of those in the top 146, which in past, seems to be PC & JS wheelhouse 3rd thru 5th rounds. Trading with SD is way to rich...would cost another 1st rounder but.... I think Chargers will go Ramsey since they already have $26 mil invested in the OL, where as we have $8 mil.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Or you could see what Gilliam brings to the table in 2016.

See what he can do being fully prepared to start, settling into his added weight as well as strength and find out if his mental growth can catch up to his athleticism. Take the chance that you can develop him and that his drive and incredible work ethic can give you the next Jason Peters.

If not you could sacrfice draft picks in 2017 for a franchise LT.

Gilliam is pretty much a rookie in terms of overall experience, but his learning curve is substantially smaller given that he knows what Cable wants and he knows how the offense runs and he knows Russell Wilsons pocket tendacies and he has the advatange of being in a NFL weight and training program for the last 2 years. Plus, hes knows the tendencies of all the other linemen. And hes preparing himself right now to get better with his teammates.

And its just an added bonus to the end result that hes not going to be handed over the keys to the franchise at the position. He has to earn it. Hes playing for and working for a premium paying position. And if does all the things he needs to do and puts in the extra work, he'll be able to cash in. That is his opportunity moving forward and im fine seeing how it plays out this season.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'd do it, but don't think the Jags would. They need stars, not depth.

delagator7

Reaction score
I feel he is a top 15 pick, if he ends up at #26 that would be great for the Seahawks.

If any team drafts him 10-15, good value. I am not a fan of draft the top linemen in the top 10- its just me.
Only Walter Jones types should be top 10 linemen picks, this year doesn't have Walter Jones potential.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really doubt the Jags would move down 21 spots for a 2, 4 and what figured to be a low 1st in 2017. They're close to competing for the division title .. they're not about to give that up for a couple of mid round picks.

delagator7":34jvm1qg said:
I feel he is a top 15 pick, if he ends up at #26 that would be great for the Seahawks.

If any team drafts him 10-15, good value. I am not a fan of draft the top linemen in the top 10- its just me.
Only Walter Jones types should be top 10 linemen picks, this year doesn't have Walter Jones potential.

And lol at this. There isn't going to be another Walter Jones for a very longggg time. Tunsil is a legit LT, but expecting him to be the best offensive tackle of his era to merit a Top 10 pick is hilarious.

There's literally no way he falls to 26. There's literally no way he drops out of the Top 10.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'd be against it for the same reason I think the QB trades this year are stupid. You give up the farm for generational talent. Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden. We were spoiled by watching those three play at the same time, but no one in the league is in their time zone. And neither is Tunsil.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Ronnie stanley may even cost less. Depending on who you listen to, there isn't much fall off in any between the two. And some suggest that Conklin is in that conversation as well. The big concern on tunsil is that he never completed a full season in college do to injuries and a suspension. Zero character concerns on the other two.

McGruff

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2e3d1mhx said:
Ronnie stanley may even cost less. Depending on who you listen to, there isn't much fall off in any between the two. And some suggest that Conklin is in that conversation as well. The big concern on tunsil is that he never completed a full season in college do to injuries and a suspension. Zero character concerns on the other two.

Stanley is too soft for us.

I have Conklin as #2.

kearly

Reaction score
I like Tunsil a lot, but considering the bust rate of top 10 drafted OL the past few years, I'd be terrified of trading that much to get him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
On Mike and Mike yesterday they had three draft analysts predicting as many as 5 QBs taken in the first round. If at least three go it should push a better pick to us. I doubt it would be Tunsil but it would be awful nice to get our QB a body guard athletically capable of moving with him.