Demarcus Robinson and a thought about WR.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is WR actually more of a priority then most suspect due to Baldwin being a year away from a potential huge deal elsewhere? I know we have a lot of bodies but how much depth do we really have after an injury prone Richardson?

Re Robinson I wonder how far people think he would have to drop for us to consider him. Ive seen people say he's the 4th best receiver in the draft and top 50 talent.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3qgvzblg said:
Baldwin is not going anywhere. Book it.

Thinking this might be the case.

Seattle has proven that it will take care of 'their' guys. They are not shy about paying full freight for players that aren't just talented, but special in the scope of the team.

Baldwin is every bit that as Wilson, Thomas or Sherman. He's the kind of person you gladly pay the going rate for. And if he becomes that player too all the better.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Both good points. I'm just not sure pcjs value the position that highly to pay potentially Dez Bryant money.

Davidess

Reaction score
I don't know about Dez Bryant money ($14m) for Baldwin. I think Baldwin will want somewhere around Brandon Marshall ($8.6m) to Cobb money ($10m) I don't think Baldwin will try to break the bank but who knows.

I think the Hawks Value WRs but with certain skill sets and they have to be willing blockers and Baldwin is that, as is Kearse.

Think the Hawks will like someone who can take advantage of his limited opportunities within the offense (unless the philosophy changes this offseason which I don't see)

Keep an eye on Tajae Sharp from Umass 6'2-6'3. one of those high catch %/High production WRs who can probably be had in the late rds (5th-7th, possibly UDFA)

cover-2

Reaction score
I like Robinson and I do think he could push the oft injure P. Richardson for playing time. But, there are other mid-late round WR that I personally like more than Robinson, guys like Devon Cajuste, Mitch Mathews, and Mortz Boehringer.

I'm on the side of looking to be prepared to find a replacement for Baldwin. If Sterling Shepard were to fall to us in the 3rd round, then I could easily see us drafting him. The Seahawks had slot WR Daniel Braverman in for a private workout, so it shows they are considering slot WR's.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
When you look at the history of us going into FA or the trade market for a WR, its almost always gone badly.. often times really bad (Harvin, Branch, Housh, etc)

I think for that reason we're going to keep Baldwin and try to grow our own talent at that position. Hence why they kept Kearse too.