Who will be the Seahawks first pick?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Regardless of whether they trade or not, who do you think is the first player Seattle selects in this draft? Why?

I'm going to guess Jason Spriggs. Just a hunch.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think it's goong to be DL. Probably 1 of Ogbah, Floyd, Butler, Billings or Bullard. I am picking Billings.

kearly

Reaction score
My guess: Vernon Butler

Here is what I'm guessing the big board looks like in round 1 (I'm assuming Floyd is long gone):

1. Butler 2. Spriggs 3. Bullard 4. Ifedi 5. Rankins 6. Ogbah 7. Billings 8. Whitehair 9. Kelly 10. Lawson
11. Dodd 12. Jones

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sadly I think Vernon Butler is the guy barring a trade down.

Have a bad feeling we do what we did in 2014 and kind of get too cute trading back when we had Joel Bitonio fall in our laps to 32 and a nice WR to pick at 64.

McGruff

Reaction score
Assuming no one surpisingly fall like Conklin or Floyd . . .

I'm going with the surprise pick of Derrick Henry.

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a big limb and choose a player that has not been linked to the Seahawks and is considered more of a borderline 2nd/3rd round prospect...
The Seahawks trade their 1st round pick to the Cowboys 2nd round #34, 4th round, & 6th round. With their first pick (#34) I have the Seahawks taking Penn St (DE/DT) Carl Nassib.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It won't be an OL because we need that too badly. It's difficult to look like a draft genius when you make the pick every one expects and knows you need to make. Pete and John will pick a defensive player probably at a position we are already well invested in.

penihawk

Reaction score
I wanted to take Noah Spence,Robert Nkemdiche or Kevin Dodd in my mock just because I can see our F/O loving the upside to these guys and a history of overlooking underachievement & offfield issues. My gut led me to the ultra-athletic Jason Spriggs however.

j hawk

Reaction score
I think it will be Butler if he is still there. Wish it were Rankins . Don't understand why Kearly has him #5 on the Hawks big board. If I could choose anyone in the 1st rd it would be between Ramsey or Rankins.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2jupj2zh said:
Sadly I think Vernon Butler is the guy barring a trade down.

Have a bad feeling we do what we did in 2014 and kind of get too cute trading back when we had Joel Bitonio fall in our laps to 32 and a nice WR to pick at 64.

Agreed on both counts. I'm getting a really strong 2014 vibe from this entire offseason, draft included.

j hawk":2jupj2zh said:
Don't understand why Kearly has him #5 on the Hawks big board. If I could choose anyone in the 1st rd it would be between Ramsey or Rankins.

Rankins lacks arm length, NFL versatility, and untapped potential. These things seem to really matter to Seattle so I think Rankins is probably going to be behind a few other guys. If Seattle drafts him I won't complain, I'm just not expecting it since Rankins is more of a Ruskell profile than a PCJS profile.

The one player I think I might be under-rating for PCJS is Billings. He lacks Seahawky traits, but he's so special at pushing the pocket that I could see Pete making an exception since Pete seems enamored with players who have rare or unique abilities.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I suspect it'll be one of this group:

Ifedi, Spriggs, Butler, Bullard, Jones, Kaufusi, Dodd.

Davidess

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and say if Ryan Kelly is off the board it will be T.j Green

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
First pick - Ryan Kelly from Alabama. If not him then Ifedi (w/ maybe a small trade down).
Second pick - They look for a DT. theres not enough buzz on Kenny Clark. If he falls to #56 that'd be a solid pick.
Somewhere In the 3rd they taken Tyler Ervin.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm going to go with a guy few people have mentioned in the same sentence as "Seahawks": Ogbah.

titan3131

Reaction score
My goat sacrificing works and we run to pick rankins.