2nd? I guess that year at Oregon programmed him to never expect to finish #1

titan3131

Reaction score
We need a medic up in this bit%#

Jseahawks

Just received a sick burn

kearly

Reaction score
This guy is going to have a Doug Baldwin sized chip on his shoulder when he goes undrafted. I hope like hell he ends up in Seattle.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
delagator7":d302pgat said:
I can see Adams win a grey cup for Saskatchewan Rough Riders.

EWU Vernon Adams vs. EWU Bo Levi Mitchell playing against each other for the Grey Cup. I'd be down with that.

Chapow

Reaction score
kearly":2usp2uy6 said:
This guy is going to have a Doug Baldwin sized chip on his shoulder when he goes undrafted. I hope like hell he ends up in Seattle.

Makes me wonder how a guy with an ADB sized chip on his shoulder would feel about ending up with a team that he has zero chance to win the starting job or get any playing time at all except for maybe, maybe garbage time?

You guys really think Adams would want to sign with a team that already has an established franchise QB if he does go undrafted?

pehawk

Reaction score
Chapow":7yq67rhl said:
kearly":7yq67rhl said:

Makes me wonder how a guy with an ADB sized chip on his shoulder would feel about ending up with a team that he has zero chance to win the starting job or get any playing time at all except for maybe, maybe garbage time?

You guys really think Adams would want to sign with a team that already has an established franchise QB if he does go undrafted?

Yup. He's going to SF. We all get to see his baby hands twice a year.

kearly

Reaction score
Chapow":3jf56i9t said:

I doubt any UDFA QB would seriously expect to compete for the starting job. I would think their priorities would be focused on just finding a roster they could stick to.

pehawk":3jf56i9t said:

FWIW, Adams' hands are slightly bigger than Jared Goff's. They are the exact same size as the hands of Teddy Bridgewater, Colin Kaepernick and Derek Carr among others. Among recent Seahawks QBs, Adams' hands are only slightly smaller than BJ Daniels' hands.

PC/JS have tended to compromise on measurable benchmarks when signing UDFAs and free agents.

Chapow

Reaction score
kearly":whfh8qqi said:
Chapow":whfh8qqi said:

I really doubt any UDFA QB would seriously expect to compete for the starting job. I would think their priorities would be focused on just finding a roster they could stick to.

Well, yeah. I get that. But we aren't talking about just any UDFA. We're talking about a guy that thinks he should be the 2nd QB taken in the draft and is likely to have an ADB sized chip on his shoulder. I think a guy like that would prefer to sign with a team that he believes he actually has a shot, however small, at competing for the starting gig as opposed to signing with a team with an established franchised QB with a franchise QB contract were he knows for an absolute fact he has no shot whatsoever at winning the starting gig.

kearly

Reaction score
Chapow":rj7jrkiz said:
Well, yeah. I get that. But we aren't talking about just any UDFA. We're talking about a guy that thinks he should be the 2nd QB taken in the draft and is likely to have an ADB sized chip on his shoulder. I think a guy like that would prefer to sign with a team that he believes he actually has a shot, however small, at competing for the starting gig as opposed to signing with a team with an established franchised QB with a franchise QB contract were he knows for an absolute fact he has no shot whatsoever at winning the starting gig.

That probably factors some, but going to a good organization matters too. I honestly can't remember the last time that a UDFA QB competed for a starting QB job right away. Tony Romo didn't compete to start until his 4th year with the Cowboys. It's almost unprecedented so I think in the short term the goal of any UDFA is simply to stick around and hope for an opportunity a few years down the road, potentially with a 2nd team.

He could always go to a good organization, play well as a backup, and find other teams fighting over him 3-4 years down the line. Matt Flynn (7th rounder), Chase Daniel, and Case Keenum are examples of guys who took this route. They haven't had a ton of success, but they did get real opportunity in the NFL after a short wait and even made a good chunk of money.

two dog

Reaction score
kearly":qyl859lh said:
Chapow":qyl859lh said:

I doubt any UDFA QB would seriously expect to compete for the starting job. I would think their priorities would be focused on just finding a roster they could stick to.

pehawk":qyl859lh said:

FWIW, Adams' hands are slightly bigger than Jared Goff's, and slightly smaller than BJ Daniels'.

PC/JS have tended to compromise on measurable benchmarks when signing UDFAs.

For the record, Adams hands are also larger than Christian Hackenberg and Brandon Allen.

Aside from the hand size, these posts sound a lot like the assesment of the chances of
one Russell Wilson. RW probably could have won in Canada too.

I think Adams would, over time, prove to be an important get for Seattle.

Latest posts