Pre-Draft Presser

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
- Doesn't see huge dropoffs at most positions

- discussions are ongoing with certain teams with good relationships about trade possibilities

- Russell's contract significantly effects what they can do. It changes the plan

titan3131

Reaction score
We will be limiting Clemons snaps.

We will use browner in unique ways... Sam? Bandit package?

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Pete says he spent a week watching offensive linemen and went through whole games where no one "fired off the ball" on a running play.

Two things that says to me . . . conversions and projects will continue.

And Pete is watching the offensive linemen.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Most drastic difference between the college and pro game ever. But having experience doing conversions from High School to College helps them tranistion guys to new positions in pros.

Receivers are hard to pick as well. Limited routes in college.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Just a few remidners . . .

- We draft against our own team, not the league. Not even aware of "draft boards" the way us fans are.

- The draft special traits. They don't look at what a play can't do, but what he can do, and then they coach to those strengths.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
They bring in two groups of players for visits . . . guys that are first round guys and guys that are 6th round and later guys, and they spend just as much effort on both groups.

They really pay a lot of attention to the UDFA scouting. Where a lot of teams scout the early rounds, they really pride themselves on going after the later round and undrafted players through out the process.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
John loves the scramble after the draft to sign the UDFAs they are targeting.

They have 4 guys negotiating contracts right after the draft.

They even advise UDFA's if another team represents a better opportunity with the hope that we can get them later (after cuts).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
McGruff":1djkv03w said:
Pete says he spent a week watching offensive linemen and went through whole games where no one "fired off the ball" on a running play.

Two things that says to me . . . conversions and projects will continue.

And Pete is watching the offensive linemen.
And maybe by some miracle this statement is a diversion tactic and they want a "polished " guy like, say Ryan Kelly (please, please, please!).

I have serious doubts about that however. They passed on Bitonio and I'm afraid they'll pass on Kelly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":3lo9qykp said:
John loves the scramble after the draft to sign the UDFAs they are targeting.

They have 4 guys negotiating contracts right after the draft.

They even advise UDFA's if another team represents a better opportunity with the hope that we can get them later (after cuts).

The two reasons UDFA's like the Seahawks more than most teams is that they get an honest chance to make the roster, and they're treated fairly and honestly the entire time. Guys appreciate that respect.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting to hear both reinforce a great deal of what we already know about their modus operandi.

This is the best FO ever, doing it better than it's ever been done before here.

Picking any specific player will be the subject of a great deal of consideration by the FO, and they will have looked at what that player can bring to the team. Beyond their already clear physical parameters of length, size, strength, speed, etc the team has a lot of guys they are prepared to bring in. I'm sure more than a few are outliers to those parameters as well.

I'm excited to see what plays out Thursday through Sunday.