Tell me I'm dumb idc

Throwdown

Reaction score
I want Noah Spence, I know oline yadayada, we have Bennett and avril and Clark yadayada I really don't care. This dude is my guy.

Not worried about off the field issues...
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/noah-s ... d-tell-it/

[youtube]S68wjetIcT4[/youtube]

So now that I've declared my draft crush he'll end up on a team I hate like the packers, Rams, cowgirls, Giants...

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I wrote a post about him before and got no replies. Would love for him to drop, scouts say he has more natural ability than Bosa. I just question if he will make it to our slot. He didn't test amazingly well at the combine, (slow 10 yard split) but plays much faster than he times. He's near the top of my board

penihawk

Reaction score
Other than his 40 was underwhelming at 4.80, he did really well in the 3 explosion drills. Add that to the fact that nobody could block him at the Sr. Bowl and I'm pretty sure he is in play on our board. I like Spence and Dodd more & more every day.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Well Throw, I think the majority here think you're dumb. It has nothing to do with Noah Spence though :lol: :0190l:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do think he's in play at 26. We need pass rushers(who doesn't) and excelling in that area is too valuable to NFL teams. If he's there I think they seriously consider taking him. Surprised he's not being mocked more often to Seattle.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2qeandjo said:
Best pass rusher in the draft.

3rd best IMO. But that's still darn good. I like Floyd and Kaufusi more as pass rushers, but each have more flaws than Spence. I also think Spence plays better from an upright position, so if we draft him I think it's more for Irvins role.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
austinslater25":34yyf5ab said:
I do think he's in play at 26. We need pass rushers(who doesn't) and excelling in that area is too valuable to NFL teams. If he's there I think they seriously consider taking him. Surprised he's not being mocked more often to Seattle.

I've seen him mocked all over the first round, I've seen one where he was mocked to us.

McGruff

Reaction score
austinslater25":47ynxk99 said:

He's one of my 4 most likely candidates for Seattle in the first round.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know you've posted this elsewhere but I'm lazy, any chance you can list your top 4 for the 1st round? Thanks!

McGruff

Reaction score
austinslater25":396i6kri said:
I know you've posted this elsewhere but I'm lazy, any chance you can list your top 4 for the 1st round? Thanks!

In order from highest ranked to lowest . . .

Emmanuel Ogbah
Derrick Henry
Noah Spence
Jonathan Bullard

In order from most likely to least likely . . .

Emmanuel Ogbah
Jonathan Bullard
Derrick Henry
Noah Spence

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I find myself really, really wanting Spence to be the pick. He plays so much faster than the 4.80 he put up at the combine. We love the 40 on paper, but the agility and short range explosion is far more important.

More than anything, watching his interviews...this is a kid that is grateful to be given a second chance. You can really see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice. I think he takes this opportunity and absolutely runs with it. Despite being kicked out of tOSU, Urban Meyer has been adamant that he's a really good kid that got caught up in bad stuff. He seems to have a lot of Bruce Irvin in him, from not just pass rushing ability, but a kid that really has seen the light.

I could be totally overselling this, but his interviews have really impressed me. He has not shrunk away from questions about how he messed up. I really respect when someone is willing to openly admit a mistake and seem genuine about it, with no excuses.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think you're dumb.

I would not be shocked if we were to go edge at #26. I could see a few options there. Specifically

Lawson
Spence
Ogbah

Spence would be an outlier in terms of athleticism we've opted for with R1. He's an average athlete compared to the NFL peers. But he does have quality nonetheless.

I'm not swayed by the "get one in next years' class" argument. You get them when you can get them. Not having to wade into a deep talent pool means you can let other talent come to you that isn't depleted by a run on the position.

I do think it's unlikely we go edge. I don't believe that's where we're deficient -- so I would expect relative grading to suffer at this position group. But if we liked the DL/OL options in R2 and R3, and we should, then edge would be a solid candidate for an early pick.

If Seattle wants to upgrade edge, OL and DL in this draft then they are more likely to get early contributors if they go edge first. I just can't tell if edge is a priority this class or if we'd be comfortable with a project to fill the bottom depth.

cheese22

Reaction score
I think he compares pretty closely to Elvis Dumervil. Size wise they are a couple inches different in height. Speed numbers are very similar. Both are fairly one-dimensional at this point. Dumervil has exceeded expectations for where he was picked. Would you consider Elvis a first rounder?

kearly

Reaction score
I like him, but he's slow and I'm not sure how he could grow any more.

It's an interesting year. Floyd and Ogbah are the only pass rushers in the draft with the kind of speed Seattle requires on the edge. Floyd will be long gone, and Ogbah doesn't seem to fit the Seahawks' mold. This could be a year where Seattle compromises their values a bit. That might mean drafting a slow pass rusher.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's tough to say, but we've got enough edge guys (Avril, Clark, Clemmons, Bennett, Marsh) that I can't see them compromising with their 1st round pick. I could see them going for a slightly flawed, or raw athletic freak as a project. On our roster, they can wait for a guy to develop, but I can't see them getting a developmental guy that they have to settle for a guy that doesn't fit their athletic profile.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawks46":1w154q1n said:
It's tough to say, but we've got enough edge guys (Avril, Clark, Clemmons, Bennett, Marsh) that I can't see them compromising with their 1st round pick. I could see them going for a slightly flawed, or raw athletic freak as a project. On our roster, they can wait for a guy to develop, but I can't see them getting a developmental guy that they have to settle for a guy that doesn't fit their athletic profile.

If Seattle insists on not compromising their values at edge rusher, then they will have to draft a late round developmental guy. There is a dearth of athleticism at EDGE this year. Ogbah has the tools but doesn't have the type of skillset Seattle has tended to go for with their edge rushers, so he'd represent compromising the Seahawks values, just in a different way. Floyd would work very nicely, but he'll be long gone by #26.

I don't expect Seattle to compromise but I think it is possible since the need at EDGE is pretty significant. Marsh is probably not long for this team, and isn't even a true pass rusher anymore (he's a LB). Clemons is very old and might not make the team. Clark is an unknown commodity at LEO and seemed at his best inside. Avril and Bennett are both age 30+.

It takes a couple years to get pass rushers up to speed in the NFL. Right now would be the perfect time to start looking for Avril/Bennett replacements. Even if Clark successfully replaces Bennett, we'd still need an understudy for Avril and right now we don't have one. It's really a shame that Leonard Floyd is getting hyped into the top 10 picks, he'd be perfect for Seattle's need for an Avril disciple.

Given that the options are what they are, I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle drafted Noah Spence. He may be be slow, but his 1.62 ten yard split is decent enough that Seattle might consider it to be an acceptable compromise in a barren year for pass rushers.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
What specifically is it about Ogbah that you think makes him not a great fit. I think he will be a good player in this league but I guess I don't understand why his skill set wouldn't translate to our scheme.

McGruff

Reaction score
Ogbah is weird. He tests like Avril but plays like Bennett. He has the body and agility of a edge rsuher, but his game is explosion and power. He's super raw. He has almost no moves and rarely chasEs around the edge. He either blows by people with inside rushes or runs through them.