Potential UDFA targets

cover-2

Reaction score
Okay, Draftmas is almost here, I thought I would share a few UDFA prospects that I like for the Seahawks.

TE Joe Sommers 6-3 242 lbs, Wisconsin-Oshkosh: Sommers is undersized, but he is a fairly good athlete. In his highlight tape he shows good quickness, good speed, he looks like he gets yards after contact, and he shows some toughness as a blocker. He would be a move TE and/or H-back for us.

Sommers's Pro Day numbers....
4.66 40-yard
1.66 10-yard split
36 inch vertical
9'2" broad jump
4.34 short shuttle
6.90 3-cone

Here is Sommers's highlight tape...
[youtube]GoovXCEY5ww[/youtube]

WR/PR Jalin Marshall 5-10 200 lbs, Ohio St: Marshall was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school, who declared for the draft after his red-shirt sophomore season. Marshall is quicker than fast, with "make you miss" type of agility, outstanding balance, and is a player that has some versatility as a slot WR, RB, and PR. For the Seahawks I see Marshall as a developmental slot WR and possible starter as a PR.

Marshall's Pro Day numbers...
4.60 40-yard
1.59 10-yard split
37.5 inch vertical
4.13 short shuttle
6.80 3-cone

Here is Marshall's highlight tape...
[youtube]ZDKM6fFCd48[/youtube]

RB C.J Ham 5-11 231 lbs, Augustana: Ham is a big RB that while not a starting caliber NFL RB, he can find a niche as a 2nd or 3rd string RB that can come in and be that power RB. For the Seahawks Ham could come in and compete for reps at RB or developmental FB.

Ham's Pro Day...
4.69 40-yard
1.62 10-yard split
37 inch vertical
4.35 short shuttle
7.40 3-cone

Here is Ham's highlight tape...
[youtube]p-ZcaUN6hoM[/youtube]

DT Michael Pierce 6-0 330 lbs, Samford: Pierce is a big man that flashes nice quickness to disrupt the QB's pocket. Pierce plays with intensity and he looks to punish ball carries when he tackles them. For the Seahawks I see Pierce as a player that can come in compete as the back up 1-tech DT and possible started in a year or two. Pierce could also be seen as a possible convert to the offensive line. Coach Cable may just leave Pierce on defense due to Pierce only being 6-0 with short arms.

Pierce's Pro Day number's...
5.01 40-yard
1.67 10-yard split
27 inch vertical
9'7" broad jump

Pierce's highlight tape...
[youtube]9VZtR1tMcvw[/youtube]

FS/CB Marqui Christian 5-11 193 lbs, Midwestern St: Christian is prospect that has elite closing speed, so when he sees it he is on it! He is a highly decorated small level college football player, he won the Cliff Harris Award for nations best small college defensive player. Christian was a SS in college, but for the Seahawks he projects as a backup FS and nickel CB.

Christian's Pro Day number's...
4.54 40-yard
1.50 10-yard split
35.5 inch vertical
10'0" broad jump
4.27 short shuttle
6.58 3-cone

Here is Christian's highlight tape...
[youtube]Izhys30oLis[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like the TE's highlights. They show a lot of blocking. Guy has good pad level, centers on his target and anchors well. Of course, this is against smaller athletes than he'll see at the pro level.

He also splits out wide, shows good burst off the line with his hand in the dirt, and also lined up in the backfield. If he's got the frame to add 10 lbs, he'll be fine at the NFL level. good find.