Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]_Zv3F6VP5Vk[/youtube]

Should probably have a topic on this guy, just in case.

I'm not seeing why this guy is getting so much hype. He has the build of an NFL player, but has short arms and fairly poor tape IMO. Not a great athlete either- his SPARQ score is 46th percentile.

However, I wouldn't rule him out completely as sometimes Seattle has grades on players that make zero sense (take the entire 2014 draft, for instance), and it's not outrageous to think that Seattle could target a Mebane replacement in round one (I think this is fairly unlikely, but possible).

Clark also had six sacks last year, but IMO that was a fluke. He doesn't have a pass rusher skillset.

Reaction score
You know... I have the gut feeling he could be the pick. He even has a story where he's had to overcome adversity. I like a lot of prospects in this draft but there are a handful of guys I'd be upset if we picked in the first two rounds. Clark is definitely one of those players for me.

McGruff

Reaction score
Clark is JAG to me. Thoroughly uninspiring. He's the epitome of a guy who in being average at everything becomes a below average prospect. He's the kind of guy Tim Rusk ell built a losing franchise around.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
McGruff":2f364oyw said:
Clark is JAG to me. Thoroughly uninspiring. He's the epitome of a guy who in being average at everything becomes a below average prospect. He's the kind of guy Tim Rusk ell built a losing franchise around.

edit, to delete my response, Walked away from my computer, got back and saw Clark, thought Leraven olineman. not kenny dlineman.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ted Thompson and Green Bay apparently think he has a higher upside than several do here.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Biggest bust potential so far.

Green Bay has a checkered record in drafting defensive players, especially defensive linemen.

Remember, they took UCLA's Datone Jones and USC's Nick Perry in the First Round in consecutive years.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I completely agree. I wasn't interested, wasn't impressed. Think he is a reach here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1medpotn said:
Biggest bust potential so far.

Green Bay has a checkered record in drafting defensive players, especially defensive linemen.

Remember, they took UCLA's Datone Jones and USC's Nick Perry in the First Round in consecutive years.

LOL! Those were consensus Mel Kiper winners.