What if Myles Jack fell to #26?

kearly

Reaction score
Apparently a lot of teams are squawking about the condition of Jack's knee, with the New York Giants claiming to have Jack off their draft board completely. There is a growing belief that Miles Jack could fall in the draft due to medical concerns.

It could just be a case of rumor spreading to get a player to fall to a team in the back half of the top 10, but in the event that Miles Jack DOES fall to #26, how would you feel about it and would you want Seattle taking him?

There was recent writeup by Jason La Canfora that hinted at Seattle being willing to draft a player with a perceived medical issues.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You write Myles Jack's name on an index card and don't turn back.

Or maybe you try to shake down a team like the Titans or Browns for a 2017 1st to move back in and grab him.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
We are a team with a larger window of opportunity to compete for a SB than many teams. I am perfectly fine with drafting top 5 level talent and waiting for the future as long as the long term prognosis is of minimal risk.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Would love to have Jack at 26. You're throwing darts and why not throw one his way for an elite top 5 guy. It's risky but I would trust the staff.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
If he ends up needing microfracture surgery sometime soon, which he hinted at in a tweet, then I'd pass. That procedure scares me in terms of his knee being able to hold up after and having him return to form.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think he was quite as good in college as his reputation, but his NFL potential is off the charts if the right coaching staff gets their hands on him and polishes his game.

I don't know if there is any coach in the NFL who is better at polishing up linebackers than Pete Carroll, so I'd be pretty stoked if Myles Jack ended up in Seattle. Jack is extremely explosive and physically strong. He has a Kam Chancellor type ability to destroy would-be blockers, he's very fast sideline to sideline, and he's incredibly destructive on a pure downhill charge.

Only problem is that Jack is more natural as a WILL LB, so you'd probably have to move Wright back to SAM to get the most out of the pick.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cant be any worse than giving away our first rounder for Harvin. I dont think LB is a postion of weakness right now though so maybe it would be a good choice for the future? I think in this scenario I would prefer a tradedown for a team looking to grab him as he might command higher value in a trade than usual

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Some former Seahawks who were Microfracture guys: Walter Jones in 2008. Marcus Tubbs in 2006. It's a scary thing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
His talent level is worth the risk IMO, especially considering PC & JS are pretty good in the mid to late rounds and considering JS feels this draft is fat in the middle.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
JS & Pete have taken bigger chances with players than this. I'd expect they would jump all over him and I wouldn't mind either.

Chapow

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":3epr4m4d said:
If he ends up needing microfracture surgery sometime soon, which he hinted at in a tweet, then I'd pass. That procedure scares me in terms of his knee being able to hold up after and having him return to form.

DAMN SON! DAT AVATAR!!!

You really need to post more. It could even just be gibberish, no one would care.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Like kearly said, I think he was more hype than substance in college, mostly due to playing both ways. He's still a good football player though. I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I'd be happy taking him at 26.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Being a Blazer fan also, you can't run away fast enough from a microfracture guy. He's good, but If your taking a chance on a injured LB, wait until the 3rd round and take the kid from ND. And imho he's the better player anyways.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
kearly":ma19ya7e said:
Some former Seahawks who were Microfracture guys: Walter Jones in 2008. Marcus Tubbs in 2006. It's a scary thing.

Still scares me Kearly........but scared money don't make money, so let her rip I guess.

P.s. I'm a blazers fan and still have Brandon Roy nightmares......I know, completely different game but you get where I'm coming from.

randomation

Reaction score
I'd perfer to take Jaylon Smith in the third if we are going to take a risk on someone with a possible chronic injury I would prefer to minimize said risk.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1991uv99 said:
Cant be any worse than giving away our first rounder for Harvin. I dont think LB is a postion of weakness right now though so maybe it would be a good choice for the future? I think in this scenario I would prefer a tradedown for a team looking to grab him as he might command higher value in a trade than usual
Jack could announce his retirement 5 minutes after getting drafted and it would be way waaaay better than that deal.

Besides, wasn't it about 5 minutes after signing an extension that he decided to have surgery?

As far as taking Jack if he fell, it would be hard not to.

I generally don't like using 1st rounders on players with bad medicals (they can't help if they can't play) or projects (why use a pick on someone who won't produce results while they are still cheap?) but if he can hold up physically he could be the steal of the first round.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is all moot anyway cause he's not falling to 26.

Fun dream though.

two dog

Reaction score
Myles Jack at 26? In a heartbeat.

Microfracture surgery is the wild card but the
draft is, to some degree, a crapshoot anyway.

I agree, someone will roll the bones before the Seahawks pick.

McGruff

Reaction score
He is my top overall player. Microfracture is a mauve and a down the line with him. Even if he does need it, the procedure has come a long way since 2008. And we've got the staff to deal with both avoiding it and recovering from it.