We look happpy in war room

randomation

Reaction score
Never thought I would see the day people were crying about an actual first round Oline pick.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
randomation":rc5an9v4 said:
Never thought I would see the day people were crying about an actual first round Oline pick.

Heaven forbid somebody have a differing opinion.

Don't like him as a prospect. Physically looks great. Plays pretty soft. I'd rather have taken Dodd, Spence, Bullard, Ogbah...the list goes on.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If John and Pete think this player will help the OLine then who are we to grumble? Congrats to those who selected Ifedi in their mocks. Many mocks had Ifedi as Seattle's 1st Rd. Pick.

Some people will complain about everything, or every pick and every player. Perhaps this pick may be seen as a reach in terms of value but you have to consider the player's value to the team. The team has a plan and the defensive picks will come.

My thinking is if he works out the team may well be happy to have the 5th year with this pick. I suspect the team had hoped to move down further before drafting with their 1st pick and or this pick. I still wonder if they'd taken Butler if he hadn't been picked 1 pick ahead of the Hawks pick. I'd really not be surprised to see another trade down, either from the 2nd or the 3rd. The team however now has 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, Great job Front office!!! Tomorrow will be interesting as the team is well placed to move down from the 2nd and especially now from the 3rd.

penihawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":7y74w7p9 said:
randomation":7y74w7p9 said:

Don't like him as a prospect. Physically looks great. Plays pretty soft. I'd rather have taken Dodd, Spence, Bullard, Ogbah...the list goes on.

:13: :13:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":z76motmv said:
randomation":z76motmv said:

:roll:

Love, LOVE, arm chair GMs. So many fans smarter than Schneider, what a great fan base

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":160d7acj said:
Mtjhoyas":160d7acj said:
Nope...just an overrated OL, destined for failure.

I'll take Pete and John's analysis over yours.
Yep.

Everyone can have an opinion, but I'll take Pete and John's track record over most all of ours as their hit rate is much higher. That doesn't mean they are always right or every year is going to be like the 2012 draft, but their hits outweigh their misses.

Just because someone wins their fantasy football league doesn't mean they are ready to be a NFL GM.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1mgfxqu1 said:
Mtjhoyas":1mgfxqu1 said:
randomation":1mgfxqu1 said:

:roll:

Love, LOVE, arm chair GMs. So many fans smarter than Schneider, what a great fan base
Trust me, it's EVERY fanbase.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Holy hell people...of course John and Pete know more than me. What dumb comments "I will take John and Pete over you..." Any sane person would.

I apologize I don't share the enthusiasm for the pick. I liked a lot of other prospects in his place. Doesn't make me right or wrong. It just means I have an opinion. Can we have those any more or is disagreeing no longer tolerated?

sutz

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1r4lbi6d said:
Holy hell people...of course John and Pete know more than me. What dumb comments "I will take John and Pete over you..." Any sane person would.

I apologize I don't share the enthusiasm for the pick. I liked a lot of other prospects in his place. Doesn't make me right or wrong. It just means I have an opinion. Can we have those any more or is disagreeing no longer tolerated?
Probably depends on how vigorously you defend that opinion. ;)

xgeoff

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":2k0uve1p said:
randomation":2k0uve1p said:

Yep, exactly

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":37imc51t said:
Mtjhoyas":37imc51t said:

Probably depends on how vigorously you defend that opinion. ;)
BINGO!

NYCoug

Reaction score
I've noticed a shift in the way the draft gets followed. It seems you're no longer allowed to have your own guys that you want the team to draft because you've watched them play and like them as players and want them as Seahawks. That's what the draft used to be about.

Now, it's all about accurately predicting who the Seahawks will draft/be interested in.

It's sorta new school vs. old school, but either side is going to end up pissed off and it's pretty funny to watch. Group a will poo poo picks when the team doesn't select their guys, while Group b will get upset and poo poo picks when the Seahawks don't follow all these cooky, zany formulas to draft a guy, thus making them look bad because they spent so much time trying to accurately predict the players the team likes.

Ahhh, the draft. Ya gotta love the emotion that it inspires. Sort of. Sometimes.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":rht5v9hh said:
randomation":rht5v9hh said:

Your opinion has no facts behind it. You read two sites ran by some guy who once played in the band, and think he's right.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3prawfb7 said:
Everyone can have an opinion, but I'll take Pete and John's track record over most all of ours as their hit rate is much higher. That doesn't mean they are always right or every year is going to be like the 2012 draft, but their hits outweigh their misses.

Hey! I've never had a wrong after-the-fact opinion.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
CPHawk":1yp4t8dp said:
Mtjhoyas":1yp4t8dp said:
randomation":1yp4t8dp said:

Your opinion has no facts behind it. You read two sites ran by some guy who once played in the band, and think he's right.

Ok..."your opinion has no facts behind it..."

I'm sorry...are we debating economic systems/theory or player preference in an NFL Draft? I will just refrain from further opinions if a) it doesn't match group think or b) isn't accompanied with a thesis of supporting documentation.

FTR - I absolutely loved Day 2 of our draft. Being since I loved it, I'm assuming I don't have to provide a thesis because it's agreeable with you.