Votes: 3 9.7%
  • DT Robert Nkemdiche

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • DT Vernon Butler

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the team is happy they got Ifedi but I don't think they would have picked him at #26. Which guy was the guy they would have taken at #26 if we hadn't traded back?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I dunno about the choices above. I kind of like the way this worked out a 1st Rd pick at a position of need PLUS a 3rd pick #94. Looks better than just one player.

You have the believe this player was one of the top guys on the team's list if they'd stayed at 26. John had faith in his board and now the team has 5 picks in the top 3 rounds instead of 4. Tomorrow will be fun too!

My thinking has been they'd trade down from 26 at any rate. I'm happy with this pick, he'll need work before we know if he's a T or G, but he is a physical specimen. Hope he proves he can play.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
3 things

1. They didn't say he was. Last year they said there were 3 players they wanted and that they got 2 of the 3.

2. The post draft presser they asked John who he would have picked at #26 and Pete chimed in, "you will never know". Then JS commented that was the correct answer or something like that.

3. I also noticed for a while there were three draft cards on the table at pick #26. At pick #29 there was only 1 left when Carolina was on the clock at #30 JS started writing on the card.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Clark, Nkemdiche, and Butler were all players we were targeting and an unexpected run on DT's happened. OL was a top priority and we got a great player. It will become pretty obvious if this was the right move when Ifedi lines up opposite of Nkemdichie on the AZ DL twice a year.Maybe the 3rd round from Denver will turn into Conner McGovern and our RG RT positions will be set for years.

Then again Nkemdiche could fail a drug test and get suspended at any time and turn into a bust. I will cross my fingers but I'm actually pretty scared of AZ's DL with the additions of Chandler Jones and now this guy.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I'll go the unlisted option E. No way Garnett... Butler, perhaps

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I voted Butler as well.

Think that the Panthers taking Butler really surprised Pete and John.

randomation

Reaction score
Ifedi which is who it would have been all along unless Tunsil or Stanley somehow dropped.