Other trade offer for 26

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/725910509971591169[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
Interesting. It's a much higher third, but we kept our 5th year option.

sutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":hakz4eiv said:
Interesting. It's a much higher third, but we kept our 5th year option.
Probably a good option with an OL like Ifedi.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Damn that was a way better deal. That was 815 trade value, Denver only gave is 725 for our 700. I have to wonder if they were still hoping they could get their man at #31 while picking up the late 3rd. I don't think Ifedi was our target, but he's better than Garnett and Clark. Would have been happy with Nkemdechie or Butler at #26 but still think it was smart to trade down.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Had to be the NEED, since BPA thinking would warrent taking the Dallas offer. My thoughts are they wanted OT and figured the only 2 on their board were Ifredi or Spriggs , which probably wouldn't be there at #34

sutz

Reaction score
There's a lot more to consider than some trade value chart. :229031_shrug:

kearly

Reaction score
This makes me think that they felt pretty strongly about getting Ifedi. They were willing to move down, but not too much.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora suggested Browns wanted Ifedi at #32, probably had more to do with going with Denver offer than 5th year option. And if they liked Lynch internally they'd prefer him with an AFC team.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
TheWebHead":33jwkv3b said:
Jason La Canfora suggested Browns wanted Ifedi at #32, probably had more to do with going with Denver offer than 5th year option. And if they liked Lynch internally they'd prefer him with an AFC team.
Interesting about Browns interest. And, yes... I assume they didn't want to play a part in helping Dallas find a solution for their QB situation.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
So they had to be assuming that Denver, Cleveland, or Titans would have taken Ifredi to turn down a better Dallas offer. I doubt the Titans cause they already took a tackle in first round. I would have preferred the Dallas offer to the Denver offer but maybe John dislikes Jerry Jones more than Elway and didn't want to help Jones find a QB.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1n3x7jtj said:
5th year option more than makes up for any antiquated trade chart values.

And does it take into account the fact the hawks already have two third round picks. That makes a big difference as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wenhawk":72vmt5w4 said:
Damn that was a way better deal. That was 815 trade value, Denver only gave is 725 for our 700. I have to wonder if they were still hoping they could get their man at #31 while picking up the late 3rd. I don't think Ifedi was our target, but he's better than Garnett and Clark. Would have been happy with Nkemdechie or Butler at #26 but still think it was smart to trade down.

Actually I think turning down the Cowboys offer indicates Ifedi was absolutely our target. They knew he wasn't going to be there after 31.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":21rywdxk said:
So they had to be assuming that Denver, Cleveland, or Titans would have taken Ifredi to turn down a better Dallas offer. I doubt the Titans cause they already took a tackle in first round. I would have preferred the Dallas offer to the Denver offer but maybe John dislikes Jerry Jones more than Elway and didn't want to help Jones find a QB.

I think John had said he talked to Elway and the Broncos earlier about trade opportunities and kept that channel open so I think it had been something in the making long before we were on the clock.

I will be suprised if we dont use one of our three 3rd rounders to move up in the 2nd round

HawkGA

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3c48od8l said:
CalgaryHawk":3c48od8l said:

I think John had said he talked to Elway and the Broncos earlier about trade opportunities and kept that channel open so I think it had been something in the making long before we were on the clock.

I will be suprised if we dont use one of our three 3rd rounders to move up in the 2nd round

Hopefully it isn't just to move up the 2nd pick higher. I could maybe see packaging 2 of the 3rds (the only two that are tradeable) and getting an additional pick in the 2nd.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawkGA":26gtp8h6 said:
WilsonMVP":26gtp8h6 said:
CalgaryHawk":26gtp8h6 said:

Hopefully it isn't just to move up the 2nd pick higher. I could maybe see packaging 2 of the 3rds (the only two that are tradeable) and getting an additional pick in the 2nd.
Yeah, THEN it would make even less sense why they didn't take the Dallas offer. I'm feeling a little more (greedy) remorse today that they dealt with Denver #31 and #94 instead of getting the better draft value of #34 and #67. :shock:

I want to be excited about Ifedi. But, I'm not overly confident he will prove to be worth passing on higher trade value. He's got a lot to prove. I sure hope he becomes a player that I wouldn't look back and smh. Not trying to sound like a downer. I'm usually an optimistic poster. But, realize the Seahawks valued him MORE than what they could have got at #34 and #67.

I know a report says Cleveland was targeting him at #32, but smokescreens don't exactly just stop during the draft. I think the Hawks could have got their guy possibly @ #34. Maybe if Cleveland drafts Spriggs at #32 it will be more believable. (Too, there are reports that Ifedi was a target for Denver at #31 in the other trade scenario.) There would have been other GREAT consolation prizes at 34 if Ifedi was gone, though. But, in JS/PC I trust. Just doesn't make a ton of sense from where I sit sometimes, but perhaps they wanted to come away with either Ifedi or Spriggs. JS also said in the presser that they could have gone "either OL or DL" with their first pick. I'm still going to be wondering "what if" watching picks go by from 67-90/94.

Ok, I'll end with a positive. I liked what Tom Cable had to say about Ifedi's game when things start breaking down. He rises to the occasion.