Who do you want Seattle to avoid today?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I don't want Myles jack at this point. Obviously there's something deeply wrong there. I also don't want spriggs, I feel like most want him for his athletic ability, not for his football ability.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Derrick Henry.

I think he's an excellent back, but not here. He is a guy who will be excellent behind a great oline, a tarmac type like Shaun Alexander - great with a runway. Rawls' low pad level and sharp cuts are perfect for this team.

Any d/o lineman without a motor or mean streak.

kobebryant

Reaction score
JSeahawks":35hx1rs3 said:
Hate to say it, but I don't want Myles jack at this point. Obviously there's something deeply wrong there. I also don't want spriggs, I feel like most want him for his athletic ability, not for his football ability.

I'm with you, sadly.

Though I do hope he goes to Jax, teams with Ramsey, Telvin Smith, Fowler, Malik Jackson and becomes a 10 year all-pro that everyone regrets passing on and helps build up Gus's squad as a new AFC power.

Though they could be a little shy about doing that after they got Marqise Lee after he dropped due to injury, and he hasn't had a much of a career to this point.

Largent80

Reaction score
Henry..following the Beast?...nope, he doesn't have the spark.

Paul Perkins from UCLA does and can be had later.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Connor McGovern and Evan Boehm. Not that I have anything against the kids per se, but I now have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for any Missouri offensive linemen. Also Boehm got his ass kicked in the Senior Bowl.

Chapow

Reaction score
Leon Sandcastle. Dude is soft. Doesn't have the mentality to play with the LOB.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't get the mystique with Chris Jones at all, he is a less talented version of Nkemdiche. So I'm hoping he's off the board before #56.

Jason Spriggs. He recovers from pass rush moves very poorly and I don't know if that is something that can be fixed with coaching. I wouldn't mind the gamble at #56 since his theoretical upside is Joe Staley, but I wouldn't mind seeing him off the board before #56 either.

Bronson Kaufusi. I don't think he's terrible, but my worry is that Seattle would try to convert him to DT and that the experiment would end in failure. He needs to stay at the edge rush position and go to a team like Arizona to have the best chance for success.

Willie Henry and Connor McGovern. Any time on day 3 is fine, but I don't want to see them at #56. It's too early.

With regards to Myles Jack- if I thought I could get 3 seasons of his services before his knee gives out, then I'd feel good about spending a late 2nd round pick on him. Seattle only got 3 good years out of Lofa Tatupu before his body broke down and nobody regrets the selection today. I'm not a medical expert and I haven't looked at his knee, but if I thought he could last 3 seasons I would pull the trigger.

It's worth noting that there are sometimes players who fall for medical concerns and turn out okay. Eddie Lacy fell in the draft because of medical concerns, and though his career has been up and down, his long term health looks to be just fine.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No Jack or Jaylon Smith too much risk and you get nothing for a year at least.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":uf8xfab1 said:
Ducks players. 8)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":22ipipbi said:
JSeahawks":22ipipbi said:
Ducks players. 8)

I don't want any of them today either. Although I'd be happy if we got Marshall (3rd down back), Addison (slot receiver, return man), or Vernon Adams tomorrow.

cover-2

Reaction score
Jason Spriggs and Derrick Henry. For me they are too soft to be Seahawks.

cheese22

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33aw1qoh said:
Sports Hernia":33aw1qoh said:
JSeahawks":33aw1qoh said:
Ducks players. 8)

I don't want any of them today either. Although I'd be happy if we got Marshall (3rd down back), Addison (slot receiver, return man), or Vernon Adams tomorrow.

I've been a big fan of the idea of Marshall as a 3rd down back. I think it's an underused weapon by most teams.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
kearly":2olkdaj9 said:
I don't get the mystique with Chris Jones at all, he is a less talented version of Nkemdiche. So I'm hoping he's off the board before #56.

Jason Spriggs. He recovers from pass rush moves very poorly and I don't know if that is something that can be fixed with coaching. I wouldn't mind the gamble at #56 since his theoretical upside is Joe Staley, but I wouldn't mind seeing him off the board before #56 either.

Bronson Kaufusi. I don't think he's terrible, but my worry is that Seattle would try to convert him to DT and that the experiment would end in failure. He needs to stay at the edge rush position and go to a team like Arizona to have the best chance for success.

Willie Henry and Connor McGovern. Any time on day 3 is fine, but I don't want to see them at #56. It's too early.

With regards to Myles Jack- if I thought I could get 3 seasons of his services before his knee gives out, then I'd feel good about spending a late 2nd round pick on him. Seattle only got 3 good years out of Lofa Tatupu before his body broke down and nobody regrets the selection today. I'm not a medical expert and I haven't looked at his knee, but if I thought he could last 3 seasons I would pull the trigger.

It's worth noting that there are sometimes players who fall for medical concerns and turn out okay. Eddie Lacy fell in the draft because of medical concerns, and though his career has been up and down, his long term health looks to be just fine.
Good call on Jack, and the comparison to Lofa.

Obviously we would hope for more than 3 years out of Jack, but if he gives us 3 good years he would be well worth the pick, especially in our championship window.

Another way to look at it: 3 good years of Jack would still be better than what we got from the entire 2013 and 2014 drafts.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2cghilqh said:
kearly":2cghilqh said:

Obviously we would hope for more than 3 years out of Jack, but if he gives us 3 good years he would be well worth the pick, especially in our championship window.

Another way to look at it: 3 good years of Jack would still be better than what we got from the entire 2013 and 2014 drafts.

That's what we were hoping for from Harvin as well, damaged goods but we need him for our window?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kobebryant":36jnj62d said:
Derrick Henry.

I think he's an excellent back, but not here. He is a guy who will be excellent behind a great oline, a tarmac type like Shaun Alexander - great with a runway. Rawls' low pad level and sharp cuts are perfect for this team.

Any d/o lineman without a motor or mean streak.

Yes to all of this

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah! Chris Jones is off the board.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a player selected by another team. That way I know we won't draft him.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
chris98251":2n0yr7ko said:
bjornanderson21":2n0yr7ko said:
kearly":2n0yr7ko said:

That's what we were hoping for from Harvin as well, damaged goods but we need him for our window?
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, because i don't see how Harvin has anything to do with this. The ONLY thing they have in common is injury issues. I also never said we need Jack.

We wouldn't be using a 1st and 3rd for Jack, so he is better than Harvin in terms of draft picks used.

We wouldn't be paying Jack $12M per year to sit on the bench, so he is better in terms of salary.

He has no history of taking himself out of games against the coach's wishes.

He has no history of violence against teammates or coaches, so he is better off the field.

He does not have an ego that would clash with teammates or what the team tries to do (like spread the ball around, which Harvin hated).

Even if Jack played ZERO games for us, picking him in the 2nd would still be a million times better than the Harvin trade.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2mx33byw said:
chris98251":2mx33byw said:
bjornanderson21":2mx33byw said:
kearly":2mx33byw said:

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, because i don't see how Harvin has anything to do with this. The ONLY thing they have in common is injury issues. I also never said we need Jack.

We wouldn't be using a 1st and 3rd for Jack, so he is better than Harvin in terms of draft picks used.

We wouldn't be paying Jack $12M per year to sit on the bench, so he is better in terms of salary.

He has no history of taking himself out of games against the coach's wishes.

He has no history of violence against teammates or coaches, so he is better off the field.

He does not have an ego that would clash with teammates or what the team tries to do (like spread the ball around, which Harvin hated).

Even if Jack played ZERO games for us, picking him in the 2nd would still be a million times better than the Harvin trade.

Fish on :)