Deion Sanders is a painful interviewer

xgeoff

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding Deion Sanders cringeworthy as an interviewer? I've taken to muting the TV when he gets ready to interview the guys.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yep dude is awful. They should replace him with Melissa Stark. She is light years better as an interviewer and light years better to look at. Win-win.

kearly

Reaction score
He did a good job interviewing Beast Mode at the super bowl. Otherwise, he's pretty awkward.

titan3131

Reaction score
Ike taylor and MJD last night were complete trash imo.

drdiags

Reaction score
I just flip back to ESPN when Prime is about to interview, then when Suzie Kolber is about to interview, I flip back to NFLN. I don't need any of the sideline reporting stuff or player reaction convos during the draft. I rather just listen to Berman show his age and senility.

I am sure Prime draws in viewers. I just am not one.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
drdiags":2iy4qcpe said:
I just flip back to ESPN when Prime is about to interview, then when Suzie Kolber is about to interview, I flip back to NFLN. I don't need any of the sideline reporting stuff or player reaction convos during the draft. I rather just listen to Berman show his age and senility.

I am sure Prime draws in viewers. I just am not one.

mmm...this sounds like a good plan. I am on board!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Man I love Prime. He's must watch whether he is interviewing someone or just ranting on NFL Network. Maybe I'm just different, but I enjoy him.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":x550erm8 said:
He did a good job interviewing Beast Mode at the super bowl. Otherwise, he's pretty awkward.
Just what I was going to say. Maybe he works better in an informal setting where it's a bit less scripted than the usual. Sports interviews in general can be pretty boring, since they all use the same cliches.

Chapow

Reaction score
Chapow":1n8mnrjs said:
Yep dude is awful. They should replace him with Melissa Stark. She is light years better as an interviewer and light years better to look at. Win-win.

Heh. Looks like they took my advice. :D

two dog

Reaction score
Put me down as one who enjoys his interviews.
He's a little over the top sometimes but he definitely has a way of connecting with the players.
It's like they seem to trust him or something. Is he a good in-depth interviewer? I would have
to say no but he seems to draw some honest reactions out of them.

I've come 180 degrees on him the last few years. I think it was the way he handled
the beast mode interview.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't mind him as an interviewer. I've grown to really like his little comments when watching game highlights on nfl.com

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Chapow":3ilmaqs0 said:
Chapow":3ilmaqs0 said:

Heh. Looks like they took my advice. :D

I am so thankful for this :)

A

Anonymous

Let's be honest, for most of these kids, Deion is the perfect guy needed to extract the deepest thoughts they can possibly get from these kids on National TV. He gets in there, prys into their privacy like a surgeon.

Last night, Prime put all the criticism and red flags right back in those guys faces. He held them accountable right out of the gate, and in their first interviews after being drafted, future rich guys.

I think the awkwardness of some of those exchanges pulls at many of our heartstrings. I'm not afraid to admit I felt for those kids.