Who is the best Full back left?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
We got our blocking TE and a Tackle. Was hoping for an elite center but not looking good now the only position left I have been hoping we upgrade is Full back. So who has their pulse on the FB market? Who should we all be hoping for?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gronkowski's little brother. (I have no idea if he's any good.... he's just the only fullback i know in this draft. From Kansas STate.)

kearly

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think Seattle might have just drafted him. Vannett has a lot of experience as an H-back and is an extremely good run blocker on the move. It wouldn't be much of a conversion to give a TE looks at FB. Seattle did the same thing with Zach Miller and Luke Willson back in 2013 and 2014.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seafan":3w04rwy9 said:
Dwayne Washington UDFA could be the next Hawk FB.

I can see us bringing him in, but he isn't a Fullback, I wonder if they move Cottom back to FB.

As of now these are our TE's

Cottom, Brandon

Graham, Jimmy

Helfet, Cooper

Shields, Ronnie

Vannett, Nick

Willson, Luke

So Helfet, Shields, Cottom odd men out, Graham on IR to return, seems with Cottoms experience and a year in the Offense he would be the guy to line up as the legit FB and use Vannett as the swing guy in shifts with the initial one back sets.

Seafan

Reaction score
chris98251":32bptuv6 said:
Seafan":32bptuv6 said:

I can see us bringing him in, but he isn't a Fullback,

Neither was Michael Robinson. However, the Huskies listed Dwayne as a FB.

He's bigger than Robinson coming into the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seafan":oa74f2to said:
chris98251":oa74f2to said:
Seafan":oa74f2to said:

I can see us bringing him in, but he isn't a Fullback,

Neither was Michael Robinson. However, the Huskies listed Dwayne as a FB.

He's bigger than Robinson coming into the NFL.

It's not his size, you have to want to be a blocker and take a roll less glamorous. I seen Washington more as a back like we just got in the Third. Never seen him really punish anyone at UW as a blocker.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":36hj3118 said:
In all seriousness, I think Seattle might have just drafted him. Vannett has a lot of experience as an H-back and is an extremely good run blocker on the move. It wouldn't be much of a conversion to give a TE looks at FB. Seattle did the same thing with Zach Miller and Luke Willson back in 2013 and 2014.

This.

The kid blocks like a beast. It baffles me as to why one of his coaches said he's more of 'pass-catching TE.'
There is boatloads of footage showing him blocking extremely effectively. It looks like he didn't have many opportunities to catch passes at all.

Seafan

Reaction score
Agreed about the "want too". The Hawks will look for someone who can be a special teams guy and they like their FBs to be able to carry the ball in a pinch. If Dwayne wants to play ball in the US he may become a respectable FB.

Erebus

Reaction score
Dan Vitale will be the most athletic fullback in the NFL, but I don't know if he's any good as a blocker.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Erebus":2a9iwdl7 said:
Dan Vitale will be the most athletic fullback in the NFL, but I don't know if he's any good as a blocker.
I like him. He's one of the prospects I have highlighted and hoping stays on the board until the Hawks pick. Westerman (to play Center) is my hope, but that's highly unlikely he makes it to the end of the 5th round.

Other FB's:

David Morgan - UTSA (TE/H-back)
Andy Janovich Nebraska