No corners or safety??

raisethe3

Reaction score
Its very strange that Seattle didn't draft any corners or safety yet. As far as I am concern, its usually a trend that we draft at least somebody in those positions. I assume Seattle plans to draft them late?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Vin (think it was vin) had a nice post about our corner depth in another thread. McCray is there and I think BB could be good at SS in a pinch.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
If they don't draft a DB then there's at least a good chance we sign a UDFA.

It's a little surprising they wouldn't draft a DB, considering it's been a position they draft well at (and spend 2 picks on RB where they haven't been successful in the draft)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
To be fair, we have quite a few projects at DB. If you want to get really technical we also traded a pick for Seisay last year.

Just for a refresher though.. we have these guys in the pipeline
- Mohammed Seisay
- Stanley Jean-Baptiste
- Tye Smith
- Douglas McNeil
- George Farmer

That doesn't include Browner who will likely be fighting for a spot, and Tharold "Mr. Glass" Simon who has immense potential but just hasn't stayed on the field.

I think our secondary depth is actually pretty strong if Simon can stay healthy and we get anything from the other guys.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":yp0vcap9 said:
To be fair, we have quite a few projects at DB. If you want to get really technical we also traded a pick for Seisay last year.

Just for a refresher though.. we have these guys in the pipeline
- Mohammed Seisay
- Stanley Jean-Baptiste
- Tye Smith
- Douglas McNeil
- George Farmer

That doesn't include Browner who will likely be fighting for a spot, and Tharold "Mr. Glass" Simon who has immense potential but just hasn't stayed on the field.

I think our secondary depth is actually pretty strong if Simon can stay healthy and we get anything from the other guys.

We do have a lot of good young depth at the position. Use picks on other positions where players can stick.

delagator7

Reaction score
I guess we are having a run on Running Backs its going to be a great competition in camp if they get past rookie camp. Caviat: Prosise and Collins have a legit shot making the team, running the ball a little.

3rd CJ Prosise, 6th Alex Collins, 7th Zac Brooks-- not including all the guys invited on a futures contract.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I agree, our db depth is outstanding this year. They brought in some dbs from the udfa pool.

Cb Darvell harris, 6 foot 2, 175. 4.45 forty
Cb deandre elliot, 6 foot 1, 185 lbs. 4.78 forty
fs tyvis powell, 6 foot 3, 211 lbs. 4.46 forty

And that is not even counting any conversion projects they may have in mind. But it is gonna be hard for any of these guys to stick. Maybe a practice squad guy or two.

cover-2

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2w7qyznc said:
I agree, our db depth is outstanding this year. They brought in some dbs from the udfa pool.

Cb Darvell harris, 6 foot 2, 175. 4.45 forty
Cb deandre elliot, 6 foot 1, 185 lbs. 4.78 forty
fs tyvis powell, 6 foot 3, 211 lbs. 4.46 forty

And that is not even counting any conversion projects they may have in mind. But it is gonna be hard for any of these guys to stick. Maybe a practice squad guy or two.

Here is another UDFA that we signed...
Utah St (SS) Marwin Evans 5-11 211 lbs.
Evan Pro Day numbers,
4.47 40-yard
42 inch vertical jump
10'01" broad jump

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'd have been cool with drafting Elliott or Powell from the 5th onward.

So they drafted guys who they might struggle to get as UDFAs: Brooks (deep competition, probably would look elsewhere) & Lawler (Goff/LA would have been in on him pretty hard).

cheese22

Reaction score
I can see MacEvoy playing a SS/LB type role. He would be a great coverage guy on opposing TE's with his height, quickness and experience in coverage. Check his video. He is 6'6" with good quickness and speed, excellent ball skills, good anticipation and instincts and he's a ball hawk. I was hoping we'd pick him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Worth remembering that we traded our 5th this year for McCray and our 6th for Seisay. We could say that we already drafted those positions already even if it was for last years' players.