Ruskell running the Lions?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yes, but did he have a bad back and will never play a down? Hmmmm?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He's at the Titans. When they made one of their picks and they went to the war room on the NFL Network he was shaking hands with everyone. Shudder at the thought of those late 2000's drafts.

I mean these days we can even realistically consider that we just drafted a starting center in round six. It always felt like rounds 4-7 were a total write off with Ruskell.

endzorn

Reaction score
I miss the short, slow draft picks from Ruskell. Nothing ignites passion in a fan like hating every draft pick.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
endzorn":2w3porwl said:
I miss the short, slow draft picks from Ruskell. Nothing ignites passion in a fan like hating every draft pick.

Meh revisionist vision. I remember plenty of "in ruskell we trust" posts. Specifically after he hit on Lofa

two dog

Reaction score
The thing I remember about Ruskell is that he had no use for
players that were not from major colleges.

That tunnel vision made him miss on a lot of good players
from smaller schools, it seems to me.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3vidc0o2 said:
endzorn":3vidc0o2 said:

Meh revisionist vision. I remember plenty of "in ruskell we trust" posts. Specifically after he hit on Lofa

You don't remember any of those from me. I was highly criticized for the first 'I'm not so sure about this Ruskell guy' thread, but there ya go.

<edit> Not claiming the *first* such thread, but I was certainly among the vanguard... And may well have posted the first, I just ain't sure.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3n8cvg18 said:
Scottemojo":3n8cvg18 said:
Yes, but did he have a bad back and will never play a down? Hmmmm?
Yes, but did he draft a kicker and leave 2 on the active roster?
Yes he did. And in order to create room for that extra kicker, he waived Michael Bennett. That, not Hutch, is what I consider to be the worst mistake he made as the Seahawks GM.