QB Ryan Kelley decommits from Oregon

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It's in the recruiting thread. Long term girlfriend in Arizona. Met up with our new qb coach right after the spring game and they didnt mesh.

He'll end up at asu, with his woman.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sucks that he de committed, but I can see the pull of home. I'm not as concerned though, Travis Jonsen (r-Fr)and Terry Wilson (true Fr) both look like they will be pretty good. And I won't be surprised if Jonsen is the starter come Sept.

That said UO lands underrated RB CJ Verdell, who looks very much like UW Gaskin. 5'9 195 with very good speed.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Some recent misery aside, Oregon has done a good job of turning almost anyone into a plus QB. So part of me thinks this isn't a huge deal. That said, I've thought for several months now that Kelley has what it takes to be a future 1st round pick. He's 6'4" with plenty of room on his frame to add bulk, and he is a very natural QB. Both dual threat and pro-style. I really hope he commits to some team outside the Pac-12.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Kelley looks great on tape, but what's weird is all the camps he's gone to this spring, he's been a disappointment. He still hasn't gotten an invite to the elite 11 camp, and in every update it seems every other qb gets mentioned except for him. Of course they are throwing in shorts, but it's still weird.

Tical21

Reaction score
He clearly saw the water level rising quickly and decided to find a different boat.