Some early college football betting lines

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Oregon is a 2 point underdog at Nebraska (bet your house on Oregon).
Oregon favored by 4.5 vs Washington
Oregon favored by 1.5 vs Stanford

Washington vs Washington state is a pick'em.

Utah favored by 7 over byu.

Stanford favored by 1 over Notre dame
Stanford 13.5 point favorite vs cal

USC 6.5 point fav vs notre dame
USC 3 point fav vs ucla

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/155 ... ames-chalk

kearly

Reaction score
Honestly just betting on Alabama every week would make a lot of money. They are only favored by just 3.5 over Tennessee for example.

The Oregon-UW line is tempting. Even if Oregon wins, there is a decent chance UW could still cover. I think it will be a close game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1uajbm1e said:
The Oregon-UW line is tempting. Even if Oregon wins, there is a decent chance UW could still cover. I think it will be a close game.

Eh.. you can sit on that one and probably get a touchdown or so. The Ducks have a pretty easy first 5 games. The game is at Autzen. And Washington could have 1-2 losses before hand to Arizona and/or Stanford.

If you're really that confident the Huskies will play the Ducks in Autzen close .. I'd just wait for the season to unfold for better value.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3km83jsv said:
kearly":3km83jsv said:

Eh.. you can sit on that one and probably get a touchdown or so. The Ducks have a pretty easy first 5 games. The game is at Autzen. And Washington could have 1-2 losses before hand to Arizona and/or Stanford.

If you're really that confident the Huskies will play the Ducks in Autzen close .. I'd just wait for the season to unfold for better value.

I fully expect another 17+ win by the Ducks as has become the norm. Don't even need the new defense to be good, just to be average.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":14tplpti said:
Hasselbeck":14tplpti said:
kearly":14tplpti said:

I fully expect another 17+ win by the Ducks as has become the norm. Don't even need the new defense to be good, just to be average.

This is my mentality too. I'm tired of picking UW to beat the Ducks. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 13 times....

CPHawk

Reaction score
Who knew beating OSU, WSU - Falk and So Miss was so impressive?

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":10k493sk said:

Talk is just that, talk. We should revisit this thread in October.

The interesting thing about this series is how noncompetitive it has been. The series has been streaky more than checkered, and most of the games have been blowouts. UW most recently won in 2003, and also won in 2002, by scores of 42-14 and 42-10 respectively. Last year Oregon won by 6 points, snapping a 14 season streak of games being decided by 17 points or more.

That said, I'm just looking at the quality of the rosters top to bottom and the coaches involved, and I would give an edge to UW right now on a neutral field. UW only had one loss by 17 points last year and that was at Stanford with Browning on the sideline (side note, Christian McCaffrey is ridiculously good). UW's defense has done very well against athlete-first QBs but has struggled against surgical QBs (Mariota, Goff, Adams, etc).

2016 will be a fun season. It wouldn't surprise me if 9 wins takes the Pac-12 North given the remarkable amount of parity.

There seems to be a changing of the guard in the Pac-12 right now. Not just for UW, but for WSU and Utah as well. Oregon took a big step back last year, but they made some good moves to fix things.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ur90u3j said:
kearly":1ur90u3j said:

It's pretty close, but if anything I'd lean towards UW having the easier sched to open. Stanford and WSU are pretty close in terms of odds to win the North. UW plays Stanford at home while Oregon goes to WSU on the road. Also have to factor that Oregon is going to have a new QB with a limited playbook, so those early games will be bigger tests than they might be otherwise.

UW:

Rutgers at UW
Idaho at UW
Portland State at UW
@ Arizona
Stanford at UW

Oregon:

UC Davis at Oregon
Virginia at Oregon
@ Nebraska
Colorado at Oregon
@ Washington State

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3k872gw3 said:
Hasselbeck":3k872gw3 said:
kearly":3k872gw3 said:

It's pretty close, but if anything I'd lean towards UW having the easier sched to open. Stanford and WSU are pretty close in terms of odds to win the North. UW plays Stanford at home while Oregon goes to WSU on the road. Also have to factor that Oregon is going to have a new QB with a limited playbook, so those early games will be bigger tests than they might be otherwise.

UW:

Rutgers at UW
Idaho at UW
Portland State at UW
@ Arizona
Stanford at UW

Oregon:

UC Davis at Oregon
Virginia at Oregon
@ Nebraska
Colorado at Oregon
@ Washington State

According to 5dimes, they have Stanford as 21-10 odds to win the north, UO 5-1, UW 7-1 and WSU 11-1. So no, Stanford and WSU odds aren't that close.