NV football player missing, presumed dead

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wierd story, as a football player and as a Hawaiian you'd assume he would be a strong swimmer and used to being in water. and being on a lake isn't like being in a river or the ocean. Makes me wonder if something else is going on, like he got hit by a boat or something.

Either way, sad story.

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
Never been to Tahoe, so I can't speak to the situation there, I know all too well how the Great Lakes can take lives. Went to funerals back-to-back summers for the youngest sons of family friends.

Strong winds can cause trouble on any body of water.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cold water below the surface can cause cramps. That's what gets people here in Alaska. I've dove in to deep water after wading around in nice, warm, shallow water, only to get an instant headache because it was so cold 24" below the surface. It was instant cold.

sutz

Reaction score
ivotuk":15rk5dd0 said:
Cold water below the surface can cause cramps. That's what gets people here in Alaska. I've dove in to deep water after wading around in nice, warm, shallow water, only to get an instant headache because it was so cold 24" below the surface. It was instant cold.
Could be this. Tahoe is a mountain lake, fed by melted snow (not sure if any glaciers around). Much like here in Western Washington, the waters remain cold long after the air warms up in Spring. Quite cold, in fact.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":2v4j2r84 said:
ivotuk":2v4j2r84 said:
Could be this. Tahoe is a mountain lake, fed by melted snow (not sure if any glaciers around). Much like here in Western Washington, the waters remain cold long after the air warms up in Spring. Quite cold, in fact.

No Glaciers around Tahoe. But it is a deep sierras mountain filled lake. I think everything melts there as the Truckee River runs pretty well until mid to late summer. A friend of mine said he was skiing in Tahoe/Squaw Valley area as late as one month ago. That is very late for that area. Squaw is in the Donner Pass area. Invited me to go, but I have not skied in about 10 or more years due to back issues and too lazy. LOL

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Doubt hypothermia. I swim in high alpine lake in the cascades every summer and i never have issues.

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
The called off the search last month after several days. So sad for his family and friends.