PFF's Washington season preview

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Washington Huskies head coach Chris Petersen is quickly building a very strong program in Seattle. The Huskies return an all-freshman quarterback, one of the better running backs in the country and NFL-caliber talent at all three levels of their defense. They are a favorite to take the next step this season and win the Pac-12 North.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/colleg ... n-huskies/

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Peterson is a great fundamental coach and he's building a hell of a team. However, the bully on the block is still Stanford. Not to mention Oregon and WSU are still pretty good as well. I think the Huskies are getting anointed a year early, but once they get to the top of the mountain, I think they will stay there for a while.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
seahawk2k":ctq1fy8k said:
Peterson is a great fundamental coach and he's building a hell of a team. However, the bully on the block is still Stanford. Not to mention Oregon and WSU are still pretty good as well. I think the Huskies are getting anointed a year early, but once they get to the top of the mountain, I think they will stay there for a while.

Yeah, we shall see . . . Stanford lost a lot upfront. Dominant offensive lines have been the heart and soul of the Cardinal offense for the last seven years. They are near the bottom of the country this year in career OL starts. Their defense still looks pretty decent on paper but nowhere near as dominant as they once were upfront. And Washington gets to play them at home after they get softened up by South favorites USC and UCLA.

kearly

Reaction score
If Browning and Gaskin stay healthy, this should be a pretty fun year for UW.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Washington’s Jake Browning earned an adjusted completion rate of 66.7 when under pressure. That was good for second-best in the nation among returning QBs. What’s even more remarkable is that he did so as a true freshman, grading better on a per-snap basis when under pressure than he did from a clean pocket. He is a potential breakout star in 2016.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/colleg ... ll-season/

Browning was also ranked #6 among returning QBs in completion rate on throws of 20-plus yards (50%).

Myles Gaskin was ranked #3 among returning Power-5 running backs in yards after contact per rush last season (3.87). Gaskin was also ranked #6 among all running backs in most forced missed tackles last season (61).