Draft Ideas from someone who liked Aaron Curry

Mr.Crayola

Reaction score
I usually watch the national games on CBS, ESPN, etc. every week as well as watching every Huskies game, but I don't see every game out there and I don't watch any tape on YouTube. Most of my knowledge on prospects comes from these couple of games and a couple of twitter people I trust. I am very casual when looking at prospects, but I think it is fun.

I would love if Seattle had an Oline that let me sit back in my seat on gameday, but I am starting to think that is not going to happen, at least for awhile. 2017 doesn't seem like a great OT draft to me, but I am no expert and the season is only one game into the season for college. What I really would like to see Seattle target is a pass rushing DE.

Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett are each 30 years old, and while Frank Clark has shown enough I don't want to go back to the days of a single pass rusher a la Chris Clemons. Free agency has brought this Seahawk team their two best pass rushers and there will be some young options in UFA like Chandler Jones, Nick Perry, and Armonty Bryant according to Spotrac.com . These three and others could still sign a contract with their current team or get franchise tagged. I think this draft is much too deep at DE to pass up the opportunity to get some good cheap talent though.

Myles Garrett is the cream of the crop in my opinion, but there are so many options. I am really intrigued by Devonte Fields and Demarcus Walker. Charles Harris seems out of reach, but you never know, he may fall to 32! Jared Stanger over at seattleseamocks.com likes Dawaune Smoot and JT Jones in terms of value and actually being able to acquire them ( I think this guy really knows his stuff as his record shows). An NFL team can never have too many pass rushers in my opinion.

Would love to hear your guys thoughts on the subject!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Thoughts:

1. OT or interior rusher.
2. Edge rusher
3. OT or interior rusher
4. DB or SAM
4. DB or SAM

The edge talents are deep. Seattle likes to maximize value and that's a position to get good talent that drops (not unlike Reed this year). Seattle is also 3 deep currently on the edge -- so getting a guy that needs a year to get up to speed is ok.

We need interior pass rush. We've needed it for some time. It's a real handcuff for our defense and we're incomplete without it. I think this is the year that lack of function really impacts us in a negative way.

OT just because we're thin as of today. But that could change by end of the year. Poole could factor in to this equation as could Fant if he's retained. Both could alter the landscape.

Seattle also actively drafts a year ahead of possible UFA casualties. Here's the list of guys they'd potentially be predrafting their replacements:

Webb
Bennett
Chancellor
Graham
Richardson
Britt
Marsh
Rawls
KPL

It would seem that the critical ones needing a successor would be Bennett, Chancellor and possibly Britt. Rawls may fit in there as well, since Michael is a 2017 UFA and may not be here by draft day. But Rawls is an RFA. So less of an urgent need depending on health. It's an absolutely stellar RB class. If a player like Chubb ends up falling to the end of R1 due to depth of class and his injury last year -- he could be the name we call.

It'd be funny/fortunate if Britt plays himself into an Unger contract situation where he becomes too good to let walk after an underwhelming start to his career.

Latest posts