Who Shouldn't Try to Hire Herman

HawkGA

Reaction score
Figure this list is smaller than the "Who Should Try to Hire Herman" list. I think it is safe to say anybody who doesn't have a stud coach should consider firing their coach and hiring Herman. So who makes the list of stud coaches? I'm thinking Bama, Michigan, and *probably* Ohio State. Is there anybody else? Probably Clemson and maybe FSU. Anybody else?

I heard some radio folks joking that Herman will be in the Big 12 next year, whether it's with Houston or with another team. I wouldn't think that would be the case though. I would think he would look for a better conference. Even with expansion I think there is a decent chance the Big 12 dissolves in the not too distant future.

I'll predict we end up seeing Herman in LSU.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A lot of oil money down there in Houston and I've heard they're investing a lot in the football program. Won't be easy to pry him away.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would actually love to see him stay put. I don't have two cents worth of opinion about Houston, but I think it would be great to see a coach stick with a school like that rather than use it as a jumping off point. We'll see if it happens.

CPHawk

Reaction score
LSU is my vote. Miles is a dead man walking right now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Considering what he's done in recruitment (and the 5-star guys who joined after leaving Texas A&M) I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Houston for 2-3 more years before taking a major job.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LSU doesn't have the money to afford Herman.

Ultimately though I really don't see him leaving Houston for awhile. Agree with English on that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He was one of the USC fan favorites when Sark was fired. I'm not sure he was ever an actual candidate though.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Okay, so back to the original question. Which college football programs shouldn't bother trying to pursue him?

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1e9ozl9l said:
Okay, so back to the original question. Which college football programs shouldn't bother trying to pursue him?

I could name off 110 of them. Honestly only 5-10 would have a real shot, and of those only 1-2 will have an opening.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just because they don't have a shot doesn't mean they shouldn't try. And I don't think not having an "opening" prevents a team from trying. Didn't Tampa Bay (pro) fire Lovie Smith last year so they could create an opening?