JSeahawks pac12 power rankings

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Preseason is over and its time to move on to a full schedule of pac 12 games. Here's how i see it (admittedly I havnt watched a down of a few of these teams):

1A. Washington
1B. Stanford

The winner of that game will win the Pac 12, imo. I give UW the slight edge right now but its really hard to say just how good UW is since they have played 3 cupcakes. Stanford has played 2 good, but not great, teams. I suspect by the end of the season it will be Stanford at #1, but for now i'll put UW.

3. UCLA
4. Oregon. D is improved but still has a TON of work to do. Injuries could derail season. By end of the Nebraska game Oregon was down 9 starters.
5. Utah
6.Colorado
7. USC
8. Cal
9. ASU
10. Arizona
11. WSU
12. OSU

drrew

Reaction score
The relative weakness of the UW run game is a concern.

The numbers (145 yards/game - 4.5 ypc) aren't super concerning, although you'd want to see a bit more dominance against the three teams they've played.

What is concerning has been their lack of ability to grind out yards and first downs on the ground, and I think that is going to bite them if it's not fixed.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":12sp1ipk said:
The relative weakness of the UW run game is a concern.

The numbers (145 yards/game - 4.5 ypc) aren't super concerning, although you'd want to see a bit more dominance against the three teams they've played.

What is concerning has been their lack of ability to grind out yards and first downs on the ground, and I think that is going to bite them if it's not fixed.

Has that McGrew kid played at all? Or is he likely redshirting?

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":wa9q5w6a said:
Has that McGrew kid played at all? Or is he likely redshirting?

Hasn't played and hasn't shown up on any of the depth charts.

Chico McClatcher has really grabbed the role that I thought McGrew could play, so barring an injury, almost certain to redshirt.

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1h914a8x said:
Preseason is over and its time to move on to a full schedule of pac 12 games. Here's how i see it (admittedly I havnt watched a down of a few of these teams):

1A. Washington
1B. Stanford

The winner of that game will win the Pac 12, imo. I give UW the slight edge right now but its really hard to say just how good UW is since they have played 3 cupcakes. Stanford has played 2 good, but not great, teams. I suspect by the end of the season it will be Stanford at #1, but for now i'll put UW.

3. UCLA
4. Oregon. D is improved but still has a TON of work to do. Injuries could derail season. By end of the Nebraska game Oregon was down 9 starters.
5. Utah
6.Colorado
7. USC
8. Cal
9. ASU
10. Arizona
11. WSU
12. OSU

I don't know how UW can be ahead of Stanford when they haven't played anybody and are ranked lower. UW has talent but not much big game experience.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":2w4mubod said:
J, I have the Huskies -11.5 and Colorado +12 (odds just went up on UW, now -14)

Whadda ya think? I thought Colorado played pretty good vs Michigan for a while.

I'd take the Huskies, that seems like pretty easy money.

Duck game is hard to say because of injuries. Colorado's QB is a game time decision, if he can't go, his backups were TERRIBLE against Michigan last week. The Ducks are also as banged up as i've ever seen. Literally half of our starters are either out or game time decisions. The homer in me says take the Ducks. But it really depends on who plays and who doesnt play for both sides. I wouldnt touch that game if i was a better.

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":h2ca4tmd said:
dogorama":h2ca4tmd said:
J, I have the Huskies -11.5 and Colorado +12 (odds just went up on UW, now -14)

Whadda ya think? I thought Colorado played pretty good vs Michigan for a while.

I'd take the Huskies, that seems like pretty easy money.

Duck game is hard to say because of injuries. Colorado's QB is a game time decision, if he can't go, his backups were TERRIBLE against Michigan last week. The Ducks are also as banged up as i've ever seen. Literally half of our starters are either out or game time decisions. The homer in me says take the Ducks. But it really depends on who plays and who doesnt play for both sides. I wouldnt touch that game if i was a better.

Good advice, I hadn't got to injuries yet.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Guessing the Ducks will be dropping down after today. As we so often ask about XLIX, why didn't they just run? They had plenty of time and 2 time outs. Prukop? Uh, crappy. Colorado? Better team than they've been in a long time, but a loss to them at home? J, your favorite program is circling the drain. How long til Helfrich is gone?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":usvpfon5 said:
Guessing the Ducks will be dropping down after today. As we so often ask about XLIX, why didn't they just run? They had plenty of time and 2 time outs. Prukop? Uh, crappy. Colorado? Better team than they've been in a long time, but a loss to them at home? J, your favorite program is circling the drain. How long til Helfrich is gone?

Hopefully about 2 minutes.

I agree, should have ran it, but man, what a horrible throw by Prukop. Throw the fade to the pylon! It was underthrown by 10 yards. That last drive 5 pass plays were called, one he took a horrendous sack when he easily could have thrown it away, 2 should have been easy interceptions, 1 was saved by a diving catch, and 1 was underthrown by 5 yards and bailed out by an interrecerence call. He's the opposite of clutch.

If the freshman isnt starting at QB next week i'll be pissed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3owtrr68 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3owtrr68 said:

Hopefully about 2 minutes.

I agree, should have ran it, but man, what a horrible throw by Prukop. Throw the fade to the pylon! It was underthrown by 10 yards. That last drive 5 pass plays were called, one he took a horrendous sack when he easily could have thrown it away, 2 should have been easy interceptions, 1 was saved by a diving catch, and 1 was underthrown by 5 yards and bailed out by an interrecerence call. He's the opposite of clutch.

If the freshman isnt starting at QB next week i'll be pissed.
Agree all the way around though I think you're stuck with Prukop for the year.
Oh, and Go Huskies! :D

cesame

Reaction score
Prukop badly underthrew Carrington on t he play where PI was called

That should have been an easy TD. Second week in a row Prukop misses an easy TD on t he final drive

He's not a bad player at all, but he's clearly not making the plays that are there to be made.

2-2 sucks but barring the team quitting, the Ducks will be a better team by the end of the season.

It's still all about next year at this point. Young team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Washington put up a lot of points on Idaho and P State. But Washington State put up the same amount on Idaho too.

Putting Washington at #1A or #1B is a bit crazy, Stanford clearly owns that spot by itself right now.

Chapow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":117kyj3l said:
Washington put up a lot of points on Idaho and P State. But Washington State put up the same amount on Idaho too.

Putting Washington at #1A or #1B is a bit crazy, Stanford clearly owns that spot by itself right now.

Do they? Clearly? They sure didn't look very impressive against Kansas State and really didn't look impressive against UCLA yesterday. That was a 16-13 game until the very last play.

Anyway, we're about to find out on Friday night.