LSU fires Les Miles

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The Mad Hatter is finally out at LSU. Ed Orgeron has been offered the interim head coaching position.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/espn/status/780148359789154304[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Saw this coming after losing again. Worst case scenario for the folks who wanted him out was for him to go on a mini-run at the end of the season. Unlikely, but it would still cause them headaches they didn't need.

kobebryant

Reaction score
This gotta be where Herman lands I'd imagine. Pretty much the same recruiting territory.

For these major programs so much success is determined by the luck of the timing of who's available when they're looking. Alabama looking at the same time as Saban wanting out of Miami, Ohio State looking while Urban had taken some time off, Michigan-Harbaugh timing. Whereas ND and Texas had fairly slim pickings during their last openings.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kobebryant":b2aa3y1s said:
This gotta be where Herman lands I'd imagine. Pretty much the same recruiting territory.

For these major programs so much success is determined by the luck of the timing of who's available when they're looking. Alabama looking at the same time as Saban wanting out of Miami, Ohio State looking while Urban had taken some time off, Michigan-Harbaugh timing. Whereas ND and Texas had fairly slim pickings during their last openings.

I think sometimes you make your own luck in these instances by being willing to cut bait if there is a good candidate out there. You just best be sure you are an attractive enough school to lure that talent.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HawkGA":1e7petpf said:
kobebryant":1e7petpf said:

I think sometimes you make your own luck in these instances by being willing to cut bait if there is a good candidate out there. You just best be sure you are an attractive enough school to lure that talent.

Very good point. Chicken and egg I suppose.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Poor Ed. He has little chance of getting named permanent coach. The fan base and boosters will demand a big name.

chris98251

Reaction score
We will see musical chairs in coaching, new place and fresh air will be the reason.

El Caliente

Reaction score
sc85sis":obv6h5up said:
Poor Ed. He has little chance of getting named permanent coach. The fan base and boosters will demand a big name.

Thats not exactly the case. While LSU is going to pitch to bigger names Coach O has the favor of every media person, and fan in the area (he is a Louisiana boy). If they win a few games, he will get some serious consideration.

two dog

Reaction score
Gus Malzahn, Les Miles, those are some pretty good discards.
They won't be out of work long.

Any word about the LSU staff, the rest all staying?