Stanford @ Washington

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I feel like this is going to be close. Stanford completely manhandled UW last year...UW is gonna need to get lucky or force some turnovers if they want to win IMO.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Have a feeling UW is going to get smashed, and this is coming from someone hoping the Huskies can pull it out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I do believe that teams aren't as good or bad as they look on the extremes. I don't think the Huskies D played pretty well and I'd expect them to be a bit salty this week.

Even on the road, playing what one should consider a trap game -- I felt like UW was pretty in control of the game in what amounted to a perfect storm of adverse conditions. Arizona definitely made the most of their opportunities -- but overall I felt like the UW didn't match their intensity on the road and suffered a lot of uncharacteristic breakdowns and still managed to win.

It wouldn't be unfair to suppose that they may not have taken Arizona as seriously with the upcoming Cardinal game looming.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Arguably the biggest game for UW football since the Rosebowl game in the early 2000's when we beat Purdue. The entire country will be watching us. I just hope we are ready for this type of game.

Stanford didn't look very good last week against UCLA, but they gutted out a win on that final drive. I honestly don't really know what to expect. For what it is worth, we are a 3 point favorite.

HawkGA

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1axwlzzh said:
Have a feeling UW is going to get smashed, and this is coming from someone hoping the Huskies can pull it out.

Pretty sure they want to pull it off, not out. Pulling out is something else entirely.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Friday night game at home right?Stanford has 2 corners out?I like our chances ..The time is now 21-7 DAWGS!!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Will be an interesting game. At full strength I think Stanford is the better team, but they're pretty banged up. I'd imagine it will be a relatively low scoring game, probably in the 20's, so if John Ross can take advantage of the backup DB's who will be starting that could be a game changer.

Largent80

Reaction score
Stanford isn't that good, they won on the last play of the game vs. UCLA who appears to be slightly better than mediocre.

Dawgs are gonna use em as chew toys.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Only thing I'm afraid of is that we choke in primetime. That's the only way I see us losing. Other than that, we should beat Stanford. I watched the entire Stanford @ UCLA game, and the only reason why UCLA lost was because of Josh Rosen. That and the defense completely let down on that last drive.

I'm not too worried about their offense. Just contain McCaffery. Play smart defense, stay in your gaps, don't try to do much, just do your role. Stanford's DLine against UCLA didn't look that great, so I have hope that we can run on them and pass protect. Ideally, we jump out to an early lead, because Stanford isn't really built to come from behind.

BOW DOWN!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":17jlr88c said:
Stanford isn't that good, they won on the last play of the game vs. UCLA who appears to be slightly better than mediocre.

Problem with that reasoning is last week UW had to go into overtime to beat an Arizona team which is much worse than UCLA.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t483cpz said:
Largent80":3t483cpz said:

Problem with that reasoning is last week UW had to go into overtime to beat an Arizona team which is much worse than UCLA.

It was a bad spot for UW. No doubt in my mind they were looking ahead to this game, especially with it being shortly after the Arizona game.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Good start for UW. Browning had all day on that drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk